Radiohead continued - Subterranean Homesick Aliens club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iron yuppie

ONE love, blood, life
Noticed the other thread was closed and archived, but our man Thom has a soundtrack coming out soon and everything from it so far has been incredible. Suspirium might be my song of the year at present.

Also, if I had written the song Lucky I would sing it every damn chance I got.

Noticed the other thread was closed and archived, but our man Thom has a soundtrack coming out soon and everything from it so far has been incredible. Suspirium might be my song of the year at present.

I hope we've heard all the songs with lyrics at this point. Volk seems like a much better fit for a Suspiria remake than the other two, hopefully they're end credits tracks or something.

Yorke's soundtrack for Suspiria is pretty good, but has anybody listened to Greenwood's You Were Never Really Here score? It's magnificent.

Tree Synthesisers/Tree Strings is in particular stunning, and it's even better once you see it in the movie. The score covers a lot of Greenwood's aesthetics - from atmospheric synths to weird dissonant orchestra to some funky electronica. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
So there I was perusing Facebook and saw that Radiohead posted their song Ill Wind. I had not heard this song before, and so I listened to it. This is easily my favorite song they’ve done since In Ranbows, and possibly since Amnesiac. I was kind of sad to learn through the comments section (ugh, comments sections suck) that this was a b-side from A Moon Shaped Pool. That’s a shame. It’s gorgeous.

i don't really follow this thread so i don't know if this dude's other radiohead video was posted but if you're into music theory this is a pretty cool video. the guy is great at explaining it all and his dreamy eyes don't make it difficult to watch either.

So there I was perusing Facebook and saw that Radiohead posted their song Ill Wind. I had not heard this song before, and so I listened to it. This is easily my favorite song they’ve done since In Ranbows, and possibly since Amnesiac. I was kind of sad to learn through the comments section (ugh, comments sections suck) that this was a b-side from A Moon Shaped Pool. That’s a shame. It’s gorgeous.

I like it too.

Maybe Phillip Selway pulled a Harry Muffin Jr and got it booted off the album at the last minute.

And yes, it's better than half the tracks on AMSP.

Spectre is better than Ill Wind. And Ill Wind is nowhere near as good as the two of you are suggesting.

I think I agree with Cobbler. Ill Wind is good, but Spectre is great, and I'd say almost all of AMSP is better than Ill Wind.

I like it more than Burn The Witch, True Love Waits, Tinker Tailor, and Desert Island Disk, for starters.

Still have yet to hear Spectre.

Yeah just came here to post that. Fucking unreal and good on them. Not surprised they’d take that path, they’ve always been progressive and good on them for raising money for a good cause rather than just going straight to the courts, and making it funny too.

Yeah just came here to post that. Fucking unreal and good on them. Not surprised they’d take that path, they’ve always been progressive and good on them for raising money for a good cause rather than just going straight to the courts, and making it funny too.

Except on Israel amirite :applaud:

Supporters of the BDS (Boycott, Divest, Sanction) movement including Brian Eno and Roger Waters were pressuring Radiohead to cancel planned shows in Israel, but they didn't.

Their argument, from what I remember, is that the fans don't deserve to be punished for the actions of their government.

I don't particularly agree with that rebuttal.

It was weak, and from what I recall Thom was particularly dismissive of the criticism. Jonny cited his wife being Israeli as a reason too I believe.

It made me lose respect for the band somewhat, especially when other acts such as Lorde and Lana del Rey were open minded towards BDS' arguments and cancelled accordingly.

Nah fuck that. They’re very clearly pro-Palestine. I don’t think artists boycotting is going to make the Israeli government go “woah maybe we should stop treating Palestinians this way” after however many years it’s been.

Back
Top Bottom