RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I'm listening to In Rainbows right now after at least a month or two and... what a fucking good album! Easily one of their best alongside OK Computer, Kid A and The Bends!

Man I'm listening to In Rainbows right now after at least a month or two and... what a fucking good album! Easily one of their best alongside OK Computer, Kid A and The Bends!

There ain't much left after that Zoots. :wink:

I'd rank 'em like this:

1. OK Computer *****
2. In Rainbows ****1/2
3. Kid A ****1/2
4. The Bends ****1/2
5. Hail to the Thief ****
6. Amnesiac ****
7. Pablo Honey ***1/2

I think they're broken into echelons of quality. OK Computer stands head-and-shoulders above the rest, Kid A/The Bends/In Rainbows are nearly there, Hail and Amnesiac are solid but have their flaws, and Pablo Honey's a better first effort than I previously thought.

1. Ok Computer
2. The Bends
3. Kid A
4. In Rainbows
5. Hail to the Thief
6. Amnesiac
7. Pablo Honey

Nice ranking LMP! I feel more or less the same way except I would push The Bends further up and closer to OK Computer. I did notice that you rated #2, 3 and 4 at the same level. What a strong discography! :drool:

GAF, I agree with yours even more! :up:

Nice ranking LMP! I feel more or less the same way except I would push The Bends further up and closer to OK Computer. I did notice that you rated #2, 3 and 4 at the same level. What a strong discography! :drool:

GAF, I agree with yours even more! :up:

Thanks.

Yeah, the number rankings are pretty arbitrary. Really just depends on what I want to listen to at that moment.

I pretty much agree with your rankings LMP except I place Kid A over in Rainbows and OK, and my ratings are a little different

***** - Kid A - 9.8
***** - OK Computer 9.7
****1/2 - In Rainbows - 8.9
**** - The Bends - 8.4
**** - Hail to the Thief - 8.1
***1/2 - Amnesiac - 7.1
*** - Pablo Honey - 6.0

How did you get them to those exact decimals? :lol:\

It's like a Pitchfork review.

Was stoked to hear that there is a BEST OF RADIOHEAD dvd release, which is a must-buy so we can have access to all they're cracking videos. Some good has come out of this EMI business after all!

1. OK Computer 9.6
2. In Rainbows 9.3
3. Kid A 9.2
4. Hail To The Thief 8.4
5. Amnesiac 6.4
6. The Bends 6.2

If I Was A Pitchforker.

1. Amnesiac 5/5
2. The Bends 5/5
3. Hail to the Thief 4.5/5
4. OK Computer 4.5/5
5. In Rainbows 4.5/5
6. Kid A 3.5/5

39. Pablo Honey 1/5

Bite Me.

Decimaniacs, how did you make those numbers up? Are they just arbitrary?

I just recently got into Radiohead so this ordering might change but here's my favorite album list.

1. OK Computer
2. The Bends
3. Kid A
4. In Rainbows
5. Hail to the Thief
6. Amnesiac
7. Pablo Honey

I just recently got into Radiohead so this ordering might change but here's my favorite album list.

1. OK Computer
2. The Bends
3. Kid A
4. In Rainbows
5. Hail to the Thief
6. Amnesiac
7. Pablo Honey

I got into Radiohead ages ago, but somehow you just listed my ordering.

Yeah that's pretty much exactly my ranking too! Although, depending on my mood I'll switch OK and Bends.

Classic
1. OK Computer - 9.6

Fantastic
2. In Rainbows - 9.1
3. Kid A - 8.6
4. The Bends - 8.5

Good
5. Amnesiac - 7.6
6. Pablo Honey - 7.4

Average
7. Hail To The Thief - 6.5

No hate here, gottage! It's just a matter of comparison. Something has to go at the bottom, even though Amnesiac is brilliant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom