R.E.M. - upcoming album 'Collapse Into Now' / General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, they've just released their new fan-club christmas single. It has a mix of three snippets from songs from the new album.
I don't hype unless I feel it's awesome... and for fuck's sake this is awesome. They're going for sonic landscapes, for the lack of a better description. Quite ambient/relaxing stuff.

But take this with a grain of salt, I'm the guy who fuckin' likes Around the Sun.

Remithappenedtoday.png

THE HYPE!

it's funny how even when i don't actually know what the words say because i don't speak the language, the thing that shows up when i scroll over the "play" button still bums me out cos i know i can't actually hear the thing.

it's funny how even when i don't actually know what the words say because i don't speak the language, the thing that shows up when i scroll over the "play" button still bums me out cos i know i can't actually hear the thing.

My French is limited, but I was able to translate almost the whole thing. It's basically "Sorry, you don't have access to this title since your home country".

désolé = sorry
vous = you (formal)
n'avez pas = don't have
acces = access
a ce = to this
titre = title
depuis = several meanings, usually "since" so I'm not really clear on the grammar here
votre = your
pays = country
de = of
résidence = residence

Sounds Great!!! IHT has the sound of an Automatic for the People track, which can mean only good things!!!!

I can't help but feel even in this brief snippet of the new songs that these sounds and sonics are what U2 crave to make, they used to! I wonder why they keep missing the mark these days!

The reverb doesn't sound that different from the No Line title track, and Fez has some cool sound collage stuff going on?

Also, this sample is completely out of context.

Try again.

My French is limited, but I was able to translate almost the whole thing. It's basically "Sorry, you don't have access to this title since your home country".

désolé = sorry
vous = you (formal)
n'avez pas = don't have
acces = access
a ce = to this
titre = title
depuis = several meanings, usually "since" so I'm not really clear on the grammar here
votre = your
pays = country
de = of
résidence = residence
Sorry, you do not have access to this title due to your country of residence.

désolé = sorry
vous = you (formal)
n'avez pas = don't have
acces = access
a ce = to this
titre = title
votre = your
pays = country
de = of
résidence = residence

i assumed so much.

What the hell is this? Did anybody else listen to this?

I'm very skeptical of this. The supposed lead single off of an R.E.M. album, featuring Eddie Vedder on vocals, has a full 2 minutes of instrumental ambient noise? Yeah, color me fucking jaw-dropped shocked if that turns out to be the case. Explain to me what this is, MrMac, I'm thoroughly confused. And why is it labeled "dubmix?"

What the hell is this? Did anybody else listen to this?

I'm very skeptical of this. The supposed lead single off of an R.E.M. album, featuring Eddie Vedder on vocals, has a full 2 minutes of instrumental ambient noise? Yeah, color me fucking jaw-dropped shocked if that turns out to be the case. Explain to me what this, MrMac, I'm thoroughly confused.

Well, this song (the Dubmix) is going to be released in their new Christmas Fan Club single. And several places are reporting it as a dubmix of snippets from these three songs on the album. (The acronyms are for those songs, at least, and the Dubmix is on an R.E.M. release. A fan club release, which would make sense on this case.) So I suppose, yes, the lead single does have 2 minutes of instrumental ambient noise :lol:, or they dropped the vocals for this dubmix.

I really hope that it has those 2 minutes, but I highly doubt it.

Well, it's not like I have inside information or something. I'm on the same boat as you, hoping this to be true. It's just that this time it really looks like it is.

Those clips > Reveal + Around the Sun

About a year ago I think, was it with you that I had an argument about the quality of Around the Sun? :lol: Just out of curiosity.

I do agree with everybody though, when it comes to Reveal.

I think everyone here pretty much unanimously hates it, so it could have been anyone.

Good point.
Yeah, I don't know, my mind associated his avatar with the guy I had the argument with.
Well, anyway, I do love the album and will never get the hate towards it. But I'm pretty much alone in this one.
Also, fuckin' nice avatar.

It sucks being at work sometimes.

Will have to wait until tonight.

I downloaded it at work, because I am a rebel. I bet someone will upload to youtube soon and you can watch there, if that's doable at your job.

Back
Top Bottom