R.E.M. Survivor GRAND FINALE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your least favourite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Irishteen

Blue Crack Addict
So we're down to two songs at last after What's the Frequency, Kenneth? disappeared last round, as usual VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG
and as this is the last round we'll run this for 48 hours

3. What's The Frequency, Kenneth?

4. Fall On Me
5. So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)

6. Begin the Begin and Find the River
8. Cuyahoga
9. Try not to Breathe
10. These Days

11. Pilgrimage and Losing My Religion
13. Man on the Moon
14. Pretty Persuasion
15. The One I Love

16. E-Bow on the Letter, Finest Worksong and Country Feedback
19. Nightswimming
20. Perfect Circle

21. Harborcoat
22. Orange Crush and It's The End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)
24. Life and How to Live It
25. Undertow and Sitting Still

27. Leave
28. Electrolite
29. Imitation of Life
30. Gardening at Night

Of the two embarrassing horrifying weird choices remaining, I think Radio Free Europe should win.

Lulz. For the ultimate REM survivor song I have to pick between Radio Free Europe and Driver 8?

roflcopteran.gif

To be fair, these tournaments only really determine the least objectionable song in a band's catalog. And I think this is a fair representation in that sense.

Also, they both fucking rule.

GO DRIVER 8! :drool:

Driver 8, of course.

I'm glad with this result (if Radio wins), cause for a long time Radio Free Europe was my favourite R.E.M. song, but I must say that the rest of the results are horrifying to me.

To be fair, these tournaments only really determine the least objectionable song in a band's catalog. And I think this is a fair representation in that sense.

Very true.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that several of Stipe's stated favorite songs through the years didn't even make the finals. "Get Up" comes to mind.

As much as I love Driver 8, I think I've gotta go with RFE.

Bizarre final two, but somewhat understandable given the band is REM. So much diverse material to choose from. Least objectionable indeed, a bit like Radiohead survivor.

Driver 8, so I'm hoping Radio Free Europe wins, and it would be good to see a MurMur song win!

Driver 8 losing? :sad: Radio Free Europe wouldn't even make my top 20. This final should of been between Driver 8 and Find the River

for the uniniated, could someone tell me what the equivalent two songs would be if this was a u2 survivor??

Radio Free Europe winning is like... I don't know, I Will Follow or Twilight winning the whole thing. And Driver 8 is maybe like Drowning Man or something.

RFE is not even the best song on Murmur, let alone their whole discography. :huh: IMO

^ I've thought a good bit about what this might have to do with this thread, and I'm thoroughly baffled. Unless it was added to increase my appreciation of every REM song.
But consider me effectively scarred. Put on some clothes, please.
:barf:

Radio Free Europe wins. This is the most exciting and interesting thing that could have possibly happened.

Radio Free Europe winning is like... I don't know, I Will Follow or Twilight winning the whole thing. And Driver 8 is maybe like Drowning Man or something.

RFE is not even the best song on Murmur, let alone their whole discography. :huh: IMO

cheers mate, that is indeed odd... makes you wonder how it happened :lol:

just goes to show their diversity i guess, a little bit like radiohead, i think you could run a radiohead survivor/least obejctionable song 10 times and have 10 different winners.

Wow. Fucking wow. I guess no one disliked it enough to throw a vote its way. It's a great song and all, but I can't think of a single regular to the survivor who would consider it their favorite REM song. I adore Murmur though, so I'm rather glad that a song representing it won the whole survivor.

This was a fascinating game. Many thanks to Alicia and John for filling in when my premium membership ran out. :up:

Driver 8 ?????????????????????
You guys are kidding aren't you.
C'mon.
Maybe in the top 30 R.E.M. songs but there's no way it should be one of the last two. That's simply...well, dumb.

Yeah, regardless of my giant WTF reaction to the last handful of rounds, many thanks to Irishteen for taking over the rest of the competition.

Back
Top Bottom