R.E.M. have broken up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done.

The random thread has been REM all afternoon.

We've discussed Find the River at length.

I listened to Country Feedback tonight.

And E-Bow the Letter.

Well done.

The random thread has been REM all afternoon.

We've discussed Find the River at length.

I listened to Country Feedback tonight.

And E-Bow the Letter.

Sweeet! Find the River is indescribably gorgeous.

How dare you quote "The Apologist" instead of the more classic "So. Central Rain"?

Haha I knew this was coming as soon as I posted.

So what kind of dental work do you think Stipe was getting anyway?

Maybe he was getting a gold tooth put in

I hope they used gas so that he was drifting off to sleep with his teeth in his mouth.

Here's a scene
You're in the dentist seat laying down
The drool bib wraps around
To sound of the drilling and water suction
All you hear is time stand still in drilling
And feel such peace and absolute
The stillness still that doesn't end
But slowly drifts into sleep
The dental assistants are the greatest thing you've ever seen
And they're there for you
For you alone you are the everything

Sometimes I feel like I can't even eat (say, say, the pain)
I'm very scared for this tooth
I'm very scared for me (say, say, root canal)
Eviscerate your cavity...

But, but it's already been established that he is afraid. He's very scared, in fact.

Goddamn I love Chronic Town so much! Listened to it this morning after several years maybe and... it sounded better than I remembered! I think I may even prefer it to Murmur. Or... maybe I just find it a more fun listen.

That riff of Wolves Lower :love:

Not a single bad song.

I could live a million... years.

Goddamn I love Chronic Town so much! Listened to it this morning after several years maybe and... it sounded better than I remembered! I think I may even prefer it to Murmur. Or... maybe I just find it a more fun listen.

That riff of Wolves Lower :love:

Not a single bad song.

I could live a million... years.

Agreed. I feel that if you add "Ages of you" to the CT tracklisting, which was the original intention before it was cut, it only improves the listen. GREAT debut EP. To me, it's hard to beat R.E.M.'s years at the IRS label. (1982-1987)

R.E.M. Celebrate 25th Anniversary of 'Green' with Deluxe Reissue | Music News | Rolling Stone

R.E.M.'s beloved sixth studio album, Green, will receive the 25th anniversary deluxe treatment in a new two-disc edition. The set will feature a remastered version of the original album, as well as a live disc culled from a November 10th, 1989 show in Greensboro, North Carolina, the penultimate concert of the band's massive 130-date Green World Tour.

Green: 25th Anniversary Deluxe Edition will be available on Rhino on May 14th digitally and on CD, while the remastered album will also be available with original art and packing on 180-gram vinyl. The live disc includes almost every song from Green, earlier fan favorites like "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)," "The One I Love," and "Perfect Circle," and even features "Low" and "Belong" – cuts from the Green follow-up Out of Time that R.E.M. were then testing out live.

Rhino is also set to release a limited-edition, five-track EP, Live in Greensboro, on Record Store Day, April 20th. It comprises five R.E.M. tracks from the same Greensboro show that didn't make it onto the reissue due to space constraints. The EP will include cuts like "I Remember California," "So. Central Rain" and "Feeling Gravitys Pull." Only 2,500 copies of the disc will be available, and each comes with an original R.E.M. patch from the Green Tour recently uncovered in the band's vault.

Here's the bonus disc and Record Store Day tracklistings:

Disc 2: Live in Greensboro, 1989:
01 Stand
02 The One I Love
03 Turn You Inside Out
04 Belong
05 Exhuming McCarthy
06 Good Advices
07 Orange Crush
08 Cuyahoga
09 These Days
10 World Leader Pretend
11 I Believe
12 Get Up
13 Life and How to Live It
14 Its the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine)
15 Pop Song 89
16 Fall on Me
17 You Are the Everything
18 Begin the Begin
19 Low
20 Finest Worksong
21 Perfect Circle

Live in Greensboro EP:
01 So. Central Rain (I'm Sorry)
02 Feeling Gravitys Pull
03 Strange
04 King of Birds