Pulp Reuniting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
BBC - Newsbeat - Pulp confirm 2011 reunion gigs

The six original members, led by singer Jarvis Cocker, will headline London's Hyde Park on 3 July as part of the Wireless festival and will also top the bill at Spain's Primavera Sound event on 27 May.

The gigs will be their first performances in 15 years having last been on stage together in August 1996.

The band said they would "play songs from all periods of their career".
They added: "Yes, that means they'll be playing your favourites."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/uk...A-15bFBBBKxG0fmOA?docId=N0091201289896102097A

Pulp have announced they are to play the Isle of Wight Festival next summer.
Jarvis Cocker has regrouped with the iconic Britpop band of the 1990s to play a selection of big events in the coming year.
After announcing their attendance at the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park, London, they will also take to the stage on the Saturday at the Isle of Wight Festival.
Hope this turns into more. One of those bands I got into far too late.

if i didn't generally hate reunions in every form of tours/albums/one-shot gigs, i'd think this was cool.

:up: for multiple original members, though. nothing more lame than 1 person from a band getting 3-4 random people to do a reunion with them.

My good friend is a long-time Pulp freak and this is like the greatest news of all time for her. She'd never seen the original lineup, and when I noted that I had (opening up for Blur back in 1994) I received a dirty look.

I remember the band handed out these "pulp" paperback books at the show and I still had mine, quite the nice collector's item:

hnhbook.jpg

Oh that is awesome.

I'm excited for the potential of more shows, but for now I guess I'm mostly just happy to see them back together.

nothing more lame than 1 person from a band getting 3-4 random people to do a reunion with them.

See Alex Chilton + The Posies = Big Star in the mid-90s.

Pulp is awesome. Would so see them if Cocker didn't hate America.

Come on, it wasn't just Chilton; Jody Stephens was playing with them as well. And there were only 3 people in the band to begin with so it's not like it was only half the band or something.

Without Bell (not their fault, of course, although I don't think The Who should have carried on without Keith Moon either) and Hummel, it just wouldn't have been the same. Fun, I'm certain, but I could never have referred to that group as Big Star.

Of course, that didn't stop me from being terribly saddened when I found out Big Star had played a gig in Hyde Park the same week I saw Blur there last year.

27 May 2011 Primavera Sound Barcelona, Spain

11 June 2011 Isle Of Wight Festival Isle Of Wight, UK

1 July 2011 Open'er Festival Gdynia, Poland

3 July 2011 Wireless Festival London, UK

7 July 2011 Exit Festival Novi Sad, Serbia

8 July 2011 Bazant Pohoda Trencin, Slovakia

10 July 2011 T In The Park Kinross, UK

14 July 2011 Vieilles Charrues Carhaix, France

15 July 2011 Dour Festival Dour, Belgium

17 July 2011 Melt Festival Grafenhainichen, Germany

23 July 2011 On The Bright Side Perth, Australia

27 July 2011 Hordern Pavilion Sydney, Australia

29 July 2011 Festival Hall Melbourne, Australia

31 July 2011 Splendour In The Grass Woodford, Australia

10 August 2011 Sziget Festival Budapest, Hungary

12 August 2011 Oya Festival Oslo, Norway

13 August 2011 Way Out West Gothenburg, Sweden

18 August 2011 Festival Paredes de Coura Paredes de Coura, Portugal

20 August 2011 Terra Vibe Park Athens, Greece

27 August 2011 Reading Festival Reading, UK

28 August 2011 Leeds Festival Leeds, UK

4 September 2011 Electric Picnic Stradbally, Ireland

Hope that shows up right.

If not, here's the link: PULP TUBE

I'm really glad to see people so excited about Pulp again. I got into them about 5 years sgo, in that awkward period between their breakup and the release of Jarvis' first solo album, and I really didn't know anyone else who liked them. Now, they're the shit because a) synths are IN, b) Jarvis' solo albums were very strong, and c) there's a reunion going on. Really cool, they're an amazing band.

cannot put into words just HOW excited I am for this. their first gig last week in France sounded fucking incredible, pretty much a DREAM encore with including O.U./Countdown/Joyriders/His N Hers...and the main set was just about a perfect balance of everything!! Hoping the rumours are true and they ARE playing Glastonbury, but i'm seeing them at Wireless the week after anyway :drool:

14 July 2011 Vieilles Charrues Carhaix, France

oh my god they playing at Vieilles Charrues festival - i would love to see that! damn and PJ Harvey is playing there on the 17th too! i can't do it though lol

Saw them at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion last Wednesday, what a show:

From Setlist.fm
1.Do You Remember The First Time? Play Video
2.Pink Glove Play Video
3.Bad Cover Version Play Video
4.Pencil Skirt Play Video
5.Something Changed Play Video
6.Disco 2000 Play Video
7.Sorted For E's & Wizz Play Video
8.F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E Play Video
9.I Spy Play Video
10.Babies Play Video
11.Underwear Play Video
12.This Is Hardcore Play Video
13.The Fear Play Video
14.Sunrise Play Video
15.Bar Italia Play Video
16.Common People Play Video
Encore:
17.Like a Friend Play Video
18.Live Bed Show Play Video
19.Mis-Shapes

While the singles were all highpoints, Pink Glove, Feeling Called Love, Sunrise and Mis-Shapes to close were incredible. Jarvis was on fine form, sounding and strutting just like he did back in the 90s and spoke to the crowd quite a bit between early songs. Shame it wasn't at full capacity but everyone in the crowd was having a great time.

I can never seem to be happy for the people who got to see them :lol:. All I do is sigh :tsk:

^ That sounds like an awesome set. :drool:

I fell hard for Pulp around the time Common People came out. I know it's cliche but they were'nt huge here, well not in my town anyway! Sewed a free silver rimmed PULP fabric badge on my black Bonds t-shirt when I hit the town :lol: it was my pick up line, see if they'd heard of them or not.

Is there any good footage out there? Would love to see Jarvis strut it in his classic suit

Finally heard This Is Hardcore. Not sure what took me so long. LOVED it. "A Little Soul" is a wonderful song, just wonderful.

I fell hard for Pulp around the time Common People came out. I know it's cliche but they were'nt huge here, well not in my town anyway! Sewed a free silver rimmed PULP fabric badge on my black Bonds t-shirt when I hit the town :lol: it was my pick up line, see if they'd heard of them or not.

Cin!!!! Hey I had that patch too, came free with Different Class, yeah? Hell knows where that is now! Ex probably stole it :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom