Prince Returns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought 3121 was the best thing he'd done since Gold or Androgynous, so I'm not decided yet if either top that one.

But yes, Planet Earth was a mixed bag.

Bumping this not because of the new album, but in celebration of an old one:

08c7a2c008a00ce53d7ea010.L.jpg

Thanks to PopMatters coverage of Purple Rain's 25th anniversary, I've been on a bit of a Prince kick lately. It's truly amazing what this guy did back then.

These older albums need a remaster in the worst way, though, and it's a shame there isn't a 25th anniversary special edition of Purple Rain coming out, not only for improved sound quality, but for some unreleased material to finally see the light of day, like the original 12 minute version of Computer Blue.

Currently listening to the 1999 album... :drool:

Thanks to PopMatters coverage of Purple Rain's 25th anniversary, I've been on a bit of a Prince kick lately. It's truly amazing what this guy did back then.

These older albums need a remaster in the worst way, though, and it's a shame there isn't a 25th anniversary special edition of Purple Rain coming out, not only for improved sound quality, but for some unreleased material to finally see the light of day, like the original 12 minute version of Computer Blue.

We'll probably never see a remastered version of this due to the fact that he's "disowned" many of these songs due to his Jehovah Witness life now...

If ONLY they could release a worthy 25 year Anniversary version, with outtakes like "Electric Intercourse" & the a4mentioned Computer Blue, the complete Beautiful Ones, etc... I'd b a happy guy. N the meantime:

Available Now: SPIN's 'Purple Rain' Tribute Album! | Spin Magazine Online

Back
Top Bottom