Pitchfork's Top 200 Albums of the 2000s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, that does need to change. It's patently unAmerican to have not listened to Is This It in 6 years. It's almost as if you're saying that you want Rio to get the 2016 games over Chicago.

Sorry, I'm just really nervous about this imminent Olympic announcement. Fuck, it will either be an amazing day or a bitterly disappointing day. Come on, IOC.

Obama and Oprah? How can they deny such a powerful black tag team combo?

Well, I'll be revisiting it sometime in the next week. Really good memories of that album. It might be very nice to have back in my life.

I'm pulling for Chi Town in that little contest as well. If Oprah can't pull it off, no one can. Fuck the southern hemisphere.

And if you look under your chair, Gaffer, you'll find TICKET TO THE OLYMPICCCCCSSSS!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I was just joshin.

Just jokin about.

Specifically what I meant to say was "fuck the southern hemisphere for only the next few hours so that the IOC gives us the Olympics"

And then my love for the southern hemisphere can continue once we get footage of the entire Brazilian countryside in tears as they've once again been overpowered by a black American politician and a black American talk show host.

Anyway, impy, when you listen to Is This It make sure you listen to the version with "NYC Cops" instead of "When It Started."

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I was just joshin.

Just jokin about.

Specifically what I meant to say was "fuck the southern hemisphere for only the next few hours so that the IOC gives us the Olympics"

And then my love for the southern hemisphere can continue once we get footage of the entire Brazilian countryside in tears as they've once again been overpowered by a black American politician and a black American talk show host.

Anyway, impy, when you listen to Is This It make sure you listen to the version with "NYC Cops" instead of "When It Started."

Nah, I honestly think Chicago would do a damn fine job of hosting it. Good luck on Chi-town's Olympian endeavours.

I still can't be fucked listening to Is This It, though. Would you like a signed poster of the Strokes? I have one lying around.

Rio knows how to party harder than Chicago does, GAF. You'd be like a kid in a candy store down there.

And by the way Imperor, I didn't make fun of you for Sigur Ros, I only pointed out that the Yo La Tengo was from the 90's.

I disregard this entire list for the absence of THE CAMP!, which is at LEAST Top 10 material.

They will pay for their impertinence.

Fleet Foxes should have been. Same with Dear, Science by TV on the Radio.

Surprised that Kid A was #1. It's a great album that has aged extremely well, but I thought In Rainbows was a better album.

Decent list of albums, though I don't agree with the order. These lists are 100% meaningless, I can't be bothered to get upset by any of it. I'm sure we'll see far worse "best of the decade" lists before the year ends.

The list left me satisfied. I was incredibly surprised but also quite pleased to see White Blood Cells ahead of Merriweather. My only major complaints would involve Morrissey's You Are the Quarry, an album that they reviewed incredibly well, being omitted from the list, and I Am a Bird Now not placing higher. I don't believe that I will ever understand the praise for Yankee Hotel Foxtrot either, but at least it was not #1.

I don't know if I'd lol at that. ]

Not so much "lol"ing at the fact that they made it with the music they make, more out of appreciative aghast at the fact that they, being from my home town and all, cracked the 10. It's kinda cool.

And Cut Copy is @ 61! Melbourne represent!

Back
Top Bottom