Pink Floyd Thread - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-05-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Pink Floyd Thread

cause we haven't had one in years


Time bitches
anyway what PF track are you listening to?
__________________

xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,439
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Pink Floyd is teh greatest band prog band eva. It's all about Animals.

I'm not big on the early years...but everything from Atom Heart Mother on is cool with me.
__________________

LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Pink Floyd is teh greatest band prog band eva. It's all about Animals.

I'm not big on the early years...but everything from Atom Heart Mother on is cool with me.

I love animals


but I still think that their best album

is Meddle


Echoes
One of these days
Fearless
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #4
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,439
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22



I love animals


but I still think that their best album

is Meddle


Echoes
One of these days
Fearless
Agreed. Those two are tied. Just, today, my fave is Animals. It changes all the time.

The whole thing is amazing, but Fearless sticks out as the best for me. It made it onto my next Desert Island list and everything.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


Agreed. Those two are tied. Just, today, my fave is Animals. It changes all the time.

The whole thing is amazing, but Fearless sticks out as the best for me. It made it onto my next Desert Island list and everything.
fearless is amazing

lovely vocals from Dave


Quote:
Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling.
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning.
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:52 AM   #6
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,439
Local Time: 02:58 AM
There's something I find quite moving about the giant crowd all singing together at the end. "You'll never walk alone". It's a great song.

My favorite PF song though is Wish You Were Here, with Breathe close behind.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,949
Local Time: 05:58 AM
Re: Pink Floyd Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
cause we haven't had one in years


Time bitches
anyway what PF track are you listening to?
I Time... The clocks at the begining..
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
There's something I find quite moving about the giant crowd all singing together at the end. "You'll never walk alone". It's a great song.

My favorite PF song though is Wish You Were Here, with Breathe close behind.
Us and Them
Brain Damage
Echoes

are my top 3
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
The Great Gig in the Sky = AMAZING
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Re: Re: Pink Floyd Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan


I Time... The clocks at the begining..
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #11
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,949
Local Time: 05:58 AM
*puts on DSOTM*
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:06 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan
*puts on DSOTM*
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
guys A Momentary Lapse of Reason?



or
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,439
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22
guys A Momentary Lapse of Reason?



or
Never listened to it all the way through. So far, I must say that I like Learning To Fly, but Dogs Of War is incredibly lame.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


Never listened to it all the way through. So far, I must say that I like Learning To Fly, but Dogs Of War is incredibly lame.

dogs of war is one of the worst PF songs EVA!!

But this one is very hard to get into
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #16
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,439
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22



dogs of war is one of the worst PF songs EVA!!

But this one is very hard to get into
I think Division Bell is pretty OK...but, frankly, I don't really love any PF album after the Wall. Final Cut is good, but I prefer Pros And Cons of Hitchhiking.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #17
Refugee
 
cdisantis83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Among Badgers
Posts: 1,033
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Momentary Lapse has its moments, but suffers from vapid lyrics. Terminal Frost and Sorrow are the lighlights, in my opinion. In any case, Division Bell was a tremendous improvement over Momentary.

By the way, the worst Floyd song is "If."
cdisantis83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cdisantis83
Momentary Lapse has its moments, but suffers from vapid lyrics. Terminal Frost and Sorrow are the lighlights, in my opinion. In any case, Division Bell was a tremendous improvement over Momentary.

By the way, the worst Floyd song is "If."
if is great

seamus anyone ?
xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #19
More 5G Than Man
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 68,439
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by cdisantis83

By the way, the worst Floyd song is "If."
Anything from Ummagumma is worse than that.

Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22


seamus anyone ?
Winner.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,092
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon


Anything from Ummagumma is worse than that.


Ummagumma is awesome bitch


Grantchester Meadows
__________________

xaviMF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pink floyd

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×