Pink Floyd Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pink Floyd is teh greatest band prog band eva. :drool: It's all about Animals.

I'm not big on the early years...but everything from Atom Heart Mother on is cool with me. :yes:

LemonMelon said:
Pink Floyd is teh greatest band prog band eva. :drool: It's all about Animals.

I'm not big on the early years...but everything from Atom Heart Mother on is cool with me. :yes:

I love animals

but I still think that their best album

is Meddle

Echoes :drool:
One of these days :drool:
Fearless :drool: :drool:

xaviMF22 said:

I love animals

but I still think that their best album

is Meddle

Echoes :drool:
One of these days :drool:
Fearless :drool: :drool:

Agreed. Those two are tied. Just, today, my fave is Animals. It changes all the time. :combust:

The whole thing is amazing, but Fearless sticks out as the best for me. It made it onto my next Desert Island list and everything. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

Agreed. Those two are tied. Just, today, my fave is Animals. It changes all the time. :combust:

The whole thing is amazing, but Fearless sticks out as the best for me. It made it onto my next Desert Island list and everything. :wink:

fearless is amazing:up:

lovely vocals from Dave :drool:

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling.
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning.

:heart:

There's something I find quite moving about the giant crowd all singing together at the end. "You'll never walk alone". It's a great song.

My favorite PF song though is Wish You Were Here, with Breathe close behind. :drool:

LemonMelon said:
There's something I find quite moving about the giant crowd all singing together at the end. "You'll never walk alone". It's a great song.

My favorite PF song though is Wish You Were Here, with Breathe close behind. :drool:

Us and Them
Brain Damage
Echoes

are my top 3 :drool:

xaviMF22 said:
guys A Momentary Lapse of Reason?

:up: or :down:

Never listened to it all the way through. :uhoh: So far, I must say that I like Learning To Fly, but Dogs Of War is incredibly lame.

LemonMelon said:

Never listened to it all the way through. :uhoh: So far, I must say that I like Learning To Fly, but Dogs Of War is incredibly lame.

dogs of war is one of the worst PF songs EVA!! :mad:

But this one is very hard to get into :(

xaviMF22 said:

dogs of war is one of the worst PF songs EVA!! :mad:

But this one is very hard to get into :(

I think Division Bell is pretty OK...but, frankly, I don't really love any PF album after the Wall. Final Cut is good, but I prefer Pros And Cons of Hitchhiking.

Momentary Lapse has its moments, but suffers from vapid lyrics. Terminal Frost and Sorrow are the lighlights, in my opinion. In any case, Division Bell was a tremendous improvement over Momentary.

By the way, the worst Floyd song is "If."

cdisantis83 said:
Momentary Lapse has its moments, but suffers from vapid lyrics. Terminal Frost and Sorrow are the lighlights, in my opinion. In any case, Division Bell was a tremendous improvement over Momentary.

By the way, the worst Floyd song is "If."

if is great :p

seamus anyone ? :wink:

The problem with "If" is that Waters ought not to be repentent, especially when he does caustic so damn well.

And Ummagumma is unequivocally their worst album. :wink:

xaviMF22 said:
guys A Momentary Lapse of Reason?

:up: or :down:

:down:

LemonMelon said:

Final Cut is good, but I prefer Pros And Cons of Hitchhiking.

You really should have another listen of The Final Cut. Hitchhiking probably has better songs but Final Cut is a much better experience. It has more emotional power than any of Pink Floyd or Roger Waters's other albums with maybe the exception of Amused To Death. The Gunner's Dream :love:

The album doesn't recieve enough praise. I wonder if The Final Cut would have been seen as a masterpeice if it had come in the Vietnam era. :hmm:

Screwtape2 said:

You really should have another listen of The Final Cut. Hitchhiking probably has better songs but Final Cut is a much better experience. It has more emotional power than any of Pink Floyd or Roger Waters's other albums with maybe the exception of Amused To Death. The Gunner's Dream :love:

The album doesn't recieve enough praise. I wonder if The Final Cut would have been seen as a masterpeice if it had come in the Vietnam era. :hmm:

:up::up:

gunner's dreams :drool:
the final cut [song] :drool:

I really enjoy about half of The Final Cut, but to me there's too much filler on there to call it a complete classic.

As for A Momentary Lapse Of Reason, I think a couple of songs on there are very good, but the rest is appalling.

Meddle through Animals is where it's at.

A Momentary Lapse of Talent is more like it. :down::down::down:

I'll take you on step further Phanan, Meddle through The Wall. I love listening to The Wall the whole way through.

Nobody Home is one of my favorite Floyd songs. It gets to me every time.

Back
Top Bottom