Pink Floyd Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm one of these people who thinks that The Wall is one of Pink Floyd's worst albums, so we're unlikely to see eye to eye there.

So is this worth buying?

I mean, if you're someone who listens to thousands of new albums a year and buys hundreds of the ones that they like, then I could see this being worthy of purchase #534, I guess.

Otherwise, no. Decidedly no. Question to always ask yourself with this sort of thing is whether anybody would actually like this or be willing to give it a chance if it didn't say Pink Floyd on it?

And we all know the answer to that one...

Oh yes.

This sucks though. The only fully fleshed out song is More Than Words or whatever it's called and that song is fully shit.

Last edited:
Lloyd-Webber's awful stuff runs for years and years and years
An earthquake hits the theatre, but the operetta lingers
Then the piano lids comes down and break his fucking fingers
It's a miracle

Yeah, I like Amused to Death. It's caustic as hell, though. You can't listen to it too often. Also The Final Cut does not get enough love here or anywhere else. Talk about emotionally naked. And there are some killer songs on there as well: Your Possible Pasts, The Gunner's Dream, and Fletcher Memorial Home are all better than anything that came afterward.

I have to admit I'm soured on the Waters-heavy stuff. He is the main reason why I consider The Wall to be my least favourite of the Floyd albums I have heard. There is so much focus being put into the lyrics and the story that just making good music kind of gets forgotten a bit. The songs I heard from The Final Cut in the survivor we did bored more to tears and I recall feeling the same way about some of his solo songs. But, that was a long time ago so I should probably revisit. And I will always regret being in Thailand on holidays during Waters' four-show run here in Melbourne.

The Final Cut was the last Floyd album where they were making new music...everything after was Floyd trying to recreate Floyd.

I heard some of it on you tube the other day, it's immaculately produced but listening to endless instrumentals is hard going, to me this is a missed opportunity... as for the rest of the albums DSOTM, WYWH and The Wall are my favourites...saw Waters performing The Wall a couple of years ago and it was an amazing show

It amazes me how The Final Cut can have such intense emotional content and yet still be so tedious and dull.

So the jist of the last page or so of this thread is "Pink Floyd hasn't done anything good since 1976" I guess :lol:

Anyways, I haven't listened to the new album yet. It's something I want to dedicate time to listen to the whole thing start to finish for the first time, but when I actually have time to listen to it there's always something else I want to do more.

I feel bad not buying it, it's new Pink Floyd for fucks sakes, but I feel like I'm just going to be listening to an hour long version of Cluster One or Marooned. Am I wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And I will always regret being in Thailand on holidays

Hangover+II+Opens+Despite+Copyright+Lawsuit+88lL1OxzxEdl.jpg

You're not at all. I have recently seen The Big Lebowski for the first time and you presented me with an opportunity to quote it. Didn't really work. I apologise.

You're not at all. I have recently seen The Big Lebowski for the first time and you presented me with an opportunity to quote it. Didn't really work. I apologise.

Oh, I didn't put two and two together and realize it was a quote. No worries, I was more startled and confused as to what I did than offended or hurt by the comment itself. I've been called worse. It's all good :hi5:

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm finally getting around to The Endless River, and I must say it was exhilarating when Gilmour first comes in - like seeing an old friend. I'm about three-quarters through right now, and it is playing as a very pleasant ambient album - dare I say a worthy addition to their catalogue. One of those early songs is a dead ringer for Shine On 1-5, but I sure as hell didn't mind.

Back
Top Bottom