Pete Yorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
i love this guy.
question - i just heard 2 songs that i'd never heard before: 'rooftop' and 'model american'. AMAZING. does anyone know what they're from?
i love it when artists have songs that don't make it onto an album that kick ass. this guy does it, and does it well.
also, anybody have any news on his new album?
have a nice day:wink:

I don't have either of those songs. I did just get Live from New Jersey :up:

It looks like he does a lot of music for movies and tv. maybe they're on a soundtrack. i couldn't find them on musicmatch..

musicmatch sucks yea I know :|

redkat said:
I don't have either of those songs. I did just get Live from New Jersey :up:

It looks like he does a lot of music for movies and tv. maybe they're on a soundtrack. i couldn't find them on musicmatch..

musicmatch sucks yea I know :|

you need to hear them.
leave your email or email (craigmsmithmd@yahoo.com) me if you want them. i can send them tomorrow.:wink:

I love Pete Yorn, I went to see Foo Fighters just so I could see him open for them.

Is Live From New Jersey really good? I saw it when I was looking for CD's the other day and I was tempted to get it.

I really like it but I don't have much to compare it to. It's the first Cd of his I bought.

So I bought the wrong one looks like. Music for the morning after??

I'm all out of music credits now :angry:

both of his full length albums are really, really good. i'd say it's a toss up as to which is better. in that event i'd say go chronologically. you wouldn't be disappointed either way. 'musicforthemorningafter' was first, 'day i forgot' second. 'live in nj' was on the tour for the second album. he's pretty good live, too.:drool:

this thread reminded me that he did that 'undercover' song on the spiderman soundtrack.

that's a pretty damn good song. :up:

I'm not sure where those two songs are from either, but they are good ones! He also has a good song called Undercover on the Spiderman soundtrack. For any Springsteen fans, he also has a cover version of NYC Serenade that is pretty sweet.

I saw him in Atlanta when he was touring Musicforthemorningafter. I believe Earthlink Live was the venue. Both studio albums are good, but MFTMA is on another level altogether.

I need to join that myspace thing so I can send him a message :wink:, I like his holiday message :cute:

some girl left him a message on there which said "I just bought your sperm on Ebay" :|

New York City Serenade [one of my fave bruce songs and a good cover]
& Dancing in the Dark [& im not a fan of the bruce's version but yorn's version is very good]

I'll try to upload them and then Ill post them on YSI
:sexywink:

brau, do you have these songs?
i'm at work, can't download them - i'll try to snag them tomorrow...:huh:
thanks elevation2u

He actually covers Dancing In The Dark twice:

Life OnA Chain (Single): Full Band version

Music For The Morning After (Bonus CD): Acoustic and piano. Different recording that the one fron the Chain single.

He also does Panic by The Smiths and China Girl by David Bowie.

MrBrau1 said:
done.

How was your Xmas? Work suck?

xmas?....
bah humbug.
work was exhausting, but not too bad.
i think i'm officially skipping xmas this year, i'm certainly not missing it.

Back
Top Bottom