Pet Shop Boys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Just felt like making a thread celebrating the music of PSB...

petshopboys.jpg

In a west end town, a dead end world, the east end boys and west end girls
YouTube - Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls (Music Video)

Let's take a ride and run with the dogs tonight...
YouTube - Pet Shop Boys - Suburbia (HD)

When I look back upon my life
It's always with a sense of shame
I've always been the one to blame

YouTube - Pet Shop Boys - It's A Sin (HD)

Words mean so little and money less when you're lying next to me
YouTube - Pet Shop Boys - Rent (HD)

jukebox.php

You drift on to the strangest dreams of youthful follies and changing teams...
YouTube - Can you forgive her Pet shop Boys HQ

(my favorite PSB song right there :love: )

You gotta throw those skeletons out of your closets and come outside
YouTube - Pet Shop Boys - Se a vida é (That's the way life is)

And the latest one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBiaRBUjUs

Cool tune AND video (like always!). I actually don't know about their stuff after Bilingual so that is why I did not include them. But feel free to share your own favourites. :)

I've always wanted to really get into this band, but so far have only heard Please. Love love love that album though.

I've always wanted to really get into this band, but so far have only heard Please. Love love love that album though.

Get their singles collection "Discography" pronto! I can't believe you haven't already. It is usually available for cheap because the more recent double disc PopArt has replaced it.

Get their singles collection "Discography" pronto! I can't believe you haven't already. It is usually available for cheap because the more recent double disc PopArt has replaced it.

It's one of those inexplicable things about me, I know. Of all the bands I should at least have a greatest hits collection of, yes, these would be them.

I'll hit that up on Napster later tonight, promise, Zootles.

CURSES. Napster doesn't have it. I'll just have to purchase it next time I have some money.

I love the Pet Shop Boys, although I'm not a big fan of West End Girls.

Very is amazing, and their new album is pretty great, too.

And I don't care what the horrified U2 fanboys and girls say, their cover of Where the Streets Have No Name (with the bonus, fantastic addition of Can't Take My Eyes Off You) is AMAZING. Uh. May. Zing.

And I don't care what the horrified U2 fanboys and girls say, their cover of Where the Streets Have No Name (with the bonus, fantastic addition of Can't Take My Eyes Off You) is AMAZING. Uh. May. Zing.

:no: :no: :no:

I only stomached that version once and promptly deleted it from my hard drive before it infested the original.

Good thread. Well, except for Bono's shades making such an error like that.
crossarmsco2.gif
crossarmsco2.gif
crossarmsco2.gif

Yeah, I do really rather like the Pet Shop Boys. Granted, most of my knowledge of them comes from best-ofs, though. I'm guessing I should check out the first two albums sometime? They seem pretty solid throughout their career as far as I can tell, though.

Hey, it's Dr. Drunk.

:lmao:

Yeah, I do really rather like the Pet Shop Boys. Granted, most of my knowledge of them comes from best-ofs, though. I'm guessing I should check out the first two albums sometime? They seem pretty solid throughout their career as far as I can tell, though.

Wow, that is me to a tee. I only know them from Discography, Very and other singles/videos that I caught on TV. I suppose I should get Actually sometime. Behavior also looks interesting. Being Boring :drool:

I've got nothin but love for the PSB. Pretty badass duo of English hitmakers.

They also co-wrote a pretty brilliant song with Brian Higgins for the most recent Aloud album. So that pretty much sealed the deal for me. They've got my respect.

Yes, yes, yes. They took that song and made it their own. When I hear their cover, I rarely even think of the U2 version, which is saying something, considering what a U2 fan I am.

I love the Pet Shop Boys so much. Many of the PSB albums I've owned were on cassette, so I don't have them anymore, but all of their records are solid. I still have five of their most recent records on CD. Nightlife, which is more recent in their catalogue, is my favorite, with Very and Fundamental right behind.

This is my favorite PSB song, "Home and Dry." Neil Tenant's voice is one of my favorites in all of music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6K-nRwIA8A

So after everyone checks out their older stuff on Discography, definitely give some of their newer stuff a listen. Here are some tracks to try:

The Sodom and Gamorrah Show
Radiophonic
Closer to Heaven
I'm With Stupid
All Over the World
Integral

Oh Zoots. You should not get me started on the Pet Shop Boys. They are legends, and I love their music. :heart:

I reserve the right to live
My life this way, and I don't give
A damn when I hear people say
I'll pay the price that others pay

:applaud:

I guess I should check out Nightlife. :hmm: I only know NYC Boy from watching the video on MTV. :reject:

Nightlife is an excellent choice, though Fundamental is another good one to pick up if you find it. They're both :up:

Thanks, financeguy, for posting Paninaro. I'd never heard it before. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom