Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What song are you talking about? I'm confused. All the PJ message boards are down right now. The only thing I saw them play was a brand new fucking badass 3 minute rock song. And they confirmed the album title (BACKSPACER!) and even flashed a picture of what I assume is the album cover (didn't get a great look at it, though)

Hardly "boring" or Squirtigoish if you ask me. Did they play something else after the cameras stopped rolling or something?

What song are you talking about? I'm confused. All the PJ message boards are down right now. The only thing I saw them play was a brand new fucking badass 3 minute rock song. And they confirmed the album title (BACKSPACER!) and even flashed a picture of what I assume is the album cover (didn't get a great look at it, though)

Hardly "boring" or Squirtigoish if you ask me. Did they play something else after the cameras stopped rolling or something?

I think they played Rockin' in the Free World

They must have played RITFW after the cameras stopped rolling. I don't know what Laz is on about but, yeah, they fuckin came on and played a brand new song. I've got to believe it was "The Fixer" song that we've been hearing about. And let me tell you, it kicked all kinds of ass. I'm biased of course, by my undying love of this band and all...but I thought everything about it was great. The little chorus is stuck in my head right now. "Got some if you need it!" Cameron had some rockin drum fills, and Mike played a sweet little truncated solo near the climax of the song that literally had me smiling from ear to ear.

Fuck me I love this band. CANNOT WAIT to get a good quality copy of this thing. Hopefully they get the studio version out there soon.

interesting... that's not the song played at the Showbox...

Hmmm that is interesting. I never went and listened to the recording of the song they did at the Showbox because I heard that the audio quality was awful. So I guess this song they did tonight might not be The Fixer?

44259740.jpg

Not sure if this is the album cover or the single cover or what but this is what Conan held up when introducing the guys.

I really liked the last minute or so of the new song. Good rock climax.

as much as I like PJ, the studio acoustics or sound mix did no favor for the band

Yeah, it seems they weren't able to get the clearest vocal feed. Still rocked hard.

And I guess the word is that this new song is called "Got Some"...which makes complete sense because of the "Got some if you need it" chorus.

I wants it. Christmas come early if the band releases the studio cut of it in the near future.

Yep I think its called "Got Some" alright, it would fit in the spaces on the, I guess single that Conan held up.

Great song! great to see these guys still rocking out!!! although I though Eds vocals sounded a bit weak but he probably has not fully recoverd from recording the album in the studio, GREAT guitar work by McCready nice tone! gotta admit I was get really tierd of his constant wah-wah leads,

This sounds v promising, the artwork reminds me of Vitology but I guess thats just the single,

was there anymore details given out? interview? release date? tour dates?

Thanks alot for posting the performance GAF!

That would make a great single and is a hell of a lot of fun, its not the pinnacle of their songwriting abilities, but damn I'm excited for some new Pearl Jam more than ever :rockon:.

And yeah, the vocals were buried for most of the verses by the mix.

Yeah word is they played RITFW for the audience, it wasn't filmed. Like U2's performance of Vertigo during their Late Show stint.

^ Yeah, it must just be the single artwork. And I guess the song is called "Get Some" not "Got Some" (Even cooler if you ask me!)

Also, rumors floating 'round that the album release date is September 22nd.

I'm probably in the minority, but I wasn't impressed with the song... and the artwork looks like an updated version of Vitalogy.

Vitalogy looks like a leatherbound book cover with just the title on it, how does it look like that at all?? :scratch:

^ I was going to ask the same thing. If anything, the image Conan showed us reminds me of those weird bloody/fleshy moulds of the band that appeared in the booklet for Avocado and the Life Wasted video.

Vitalogy looks like a leatherbound book cover with just the title on it, how does it look like that at all?? :scratch:

I'm assuming some of you don't actually have a physical copy?

Vitalogy was based on a 1920's outdated book on health, life, death, etc... Inside it had diagram sections of the human brain and other body diagrams.

I'm assuming some of you don't actually have a physical copy?

Gimme a break. You know the old saying about what happens when you assume.

I sure as shit have a physical copy of Vitalogy...I don't want to speak for powerhour but I think the confusion came because you weren't at all specific when you said that this new cover image looks like Vitalogy.

Now that you told us what you were talking about specifically...you are right. I'm looking at the book right now and the very first image in the whole thing, on the flip side of the "contents" page is a diagram of the human head that is reminiscent of the drawing we saw last night.

Back
Top Bottom