Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got their Annual Holiday Single (talk about U2-time being slow :wink: ). Now I only need to find my turntable to play it.
:)

And oh, 13 August, Ahoy, Rotterdam!!! :rockon:

My real introduction to PJ came from the Rearviewmirror Greatest hits 2 disc set.

Wrong answer :sexywink:. If you're starting fresh, listen to the full album experience. It would be especially cool to be able to go back to the beginning and experience their evolution in chronological order!

agreed.

by the way, does anyone else feel that "Riot Act" is severely underrated? (edit: sorry, didn't read the other posts about this album before i posted) :)

Yes. Love Boat Captain is my favorite song of there's, bar none.

LBC :heart:

Eddie is amazing in the way that he has changed the lyrics (and meanings of lyrics) of his songs over the years in the live concert setting. LBC, in particular, is pretty special.

Of course, there's the way he switches it to "let the show begin..." when the song opens a concert. But also, the line about the Roskilde tragedy - "Lost 9 friends we'll never know, 2 years ago today" has been changed numerous times in concert since the Riot Act tour. On one of the bootlegs I have he changed it to "Lost 9 friends we get to know more and more each day"...and I actually just got chills typing that out right now. :sad:

EDIT - One more thing...I believe the story goes that Eddie and Boom wrote the song on the first night that they met in Hawaii. Fucking awesome.

i still haven't given the...self-titled? the one with world wide suicide on it. still haven't given that a second chance. i think i need to do that.

i still haven't given the...self-titled? the one with world wide suicide on it. still haven't given that a second chance. i think i need to do that.

Yes, it doesn't push the envelope in terms of their sound, but it does have some really heartfelt lyrics, and great guitar-rock. 'Inside Job' :drool:

I agree Bugs is not one of there better moments...

I got bugs
I got bugs in my room
Bugs in my bed

Bugs in my ears
Their eggs in my head

:angry:

I :heart: Pearl Jam!

RIOT ACT is a great album, probably their most underrated.

Love boat captain, and Save You are fantastic songs!

Cropduster!

An inside scoop on the new album: Hear>You>Me: The new Pearl Jam album The website is a little screwy in terms of loading, so you might have to toggle with it or press stop on your browser at just the right time to read...it's sort of a cryptic review, but intriguing, nonetheless!

Yes, it doesn't push the envelope in terms of their sound, but it does have some really heartfelt lyrics, and great guitar-rock. 'Inside Job' :drool:

Pushing the sonic envelope is not what Pearl Jam is about. yeah, like you said, they just write great guitar driven rock and go out on tour and play those songs better than anyone in the world.

i can't fucking wait for the debut of this new stuff on Conan.

So, the two songs on the holiday single are pretty cool for what they are. Pretty light stuff, kinda mellow Eddie style, not very heavy subject matter...but they're definitely enjoyable. "Golden State" is a John Doe cover featuring vocals by Corin from Sleater-Kinney and "Santa Cruz" is a nice little nostalgic Eddie original about driving that probably took him literally 30 minutes to write.

They're both about California, which is awesome. I'm going to bed now.

new song debuted at the Showbox... filmed by cameron Crowe i think?

Any video of this??

Also, its pretty cool that Cameron Crowe will be working with them on a 20 year retrospective (that's the second post in a row I've used that word??) film over the next two years.

No, but there's a low quality recording of the song... you'll find it easily just google it, it's called "something's going on"

guess it's one of the songs that will be played on Monday

Hmmmmm. Very interesting. Thanks for the scoop, Tacvbo, and your avatar rocks.

I guess I'll do the same as powerhour and wait to see it on Monday. But it's tempting to just go right now and check it out.

Back
Top Bottom