Pearl Jam Discussion Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It did take a bit long after the Malala speech to get to Pearl Jam. They should've just went Beyonce-Bono-Malala-Pearl Jam. Maybe a short transition after Malala. There were plenty of speeches/videos between acts earlier in the day. And she gave such a good speech that the crowd responded to (and Bono a great introduction) they didn't really need any more videos or talkers after her.

Tired and might screw it up, but I think it went: Mind Your Manners, Evolution, Given to Fly, Elderly Woman, Lightning Bolt, Daughter, Unthought Known, Better Man, Alive. They did 12 songs total I think so you might not have missed much except Alive, Imagine, Rockin'.

Ed Sheeran is great live by the way. Never paid much attention.

Last edited:
MSNBC didn't show Daughter either. Thanks for the info, Penny.

They performed 12 songs, but only 8 were shown on television. The last song televised was Redemption Song. Instead of showing that pointless recap, they should have shown the whole set. It's not like MSNBC had anything important on afterward. It was fuckin' Lockup.

Last edited:
They definitely fucked the transition between Beyoncé and Pearl Jam. They had a nice moment with FLOTUS into Bono into Malala. They didn't need to have the CEOs of Comcast and AOL come out and push a stupid button... or if they did, they could have done it all at once instead of splitting it into like 5 different groups. The crowd was getting very antsy between those last two sets, and many just simply left.

There was also a large exodus when Bono took the mic, but that's another story. And a few "he came to talk and not sing? The fuck?"

I was actually impressed with Sheeran as well. Not my favorite artist but he was really good live.

The benefit of being late to the show is an easy exit. I can't imagine how long it took those in pit 1 to get out of Central Park. And the MTA had southbound subway service at 77th and 68th streets closed for weekend construction, because the MTA is the most inept organization in the world. Alas... I was able to get a few blocks over and get in a cab to Grand Central and onto the 7 very quickly. I think i was home within half an hour of the last notes of Free World.

Was a fun time and a good experience, but now I'm jonesing for a real pearl Jam show. It's tough being the only one within 50 feet jumping to Unthought Known, as most around me look puzzled.

Sent from my SM-N920T using U2 Interference mobile app

I hope they never televise the concert on MSNBC again. I'd much rather see it on HBO. When HBO used to televise Comic Relief, they also used to have it available for free and also on other networks. They showed Beyonce's performance in its entirety. Then all the bullshit in between. Finally they get to PJ and, a few songs in, they go to a commercial. I was so fuckin' pissed. Eventually, they play Redemption Song and the hosts announce that's how they finished the show. Next, you see the place emptying out. It was a horrible edit.

Yeah exactly, everyone was antsy when the CEO's were there. Malala had the crowd cheering and feeling good and it would've been perfect to go into Pearl Jam. But like 15 more minutes with CEO's talking and such made everyone very antsy. Apparently some booed [not near me, though plenty started leaving during that]. When they were doing the button thing I heard Kerry Washington (I think) go "Pearl Jam is coming!" during it.

There was plenty of it during the long day so they didn't need more, especially from CEO's. After Coldplay, there was like an hour of it until Sheeran came on, aside from that Tori Kelly who did like 3 songs. Sorry but I don't think people want to hear CEO's talk after seeing Beyonce-Michelle Obama-Bono-Malala.

Definitely need to see a full Pearl Jam show. Apparently new album coming 2016.

Leaked tour dates, not yet official, but announcement is imminent:

Pearl Jam 2016 North American Tour Dates
Date - City - Venue
Apr-08-16 - Fort Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
Apr-09-16 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena
Apr-11-16 - Tampa, FL - Amalie Arena
Apr-13-16 - Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
Apr-16-16 - Greenville, SC - Bon Secours Wellness Arena
Apr-18-16 - Hampton, VA - Hampton Coliseum
Apr-20-16 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena
Apr-21-16 - Columbia, SC - Colonial Life Arena
Apr-23-16 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
Apr-26-16 - Lexington, KY - Rupp Arena
Apr-28-16 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
Apr-29-16 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
May-01-16 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
May-02-16 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
May-05-16 - Quebec City, QC - Centre Vidéotron
May-08-16 - Ottawa, ON - Canadian Tire Centre
May-10-16 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
June-9-12*-16 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival
Aug-05-16 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park
Aug-07-16 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park
Aug-20-16 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field
Aug-22-16 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

Some question as to their validity...stay tuned.

Last edited:
and now official...

Pearl Jam announced today that they will perform a series of North American concert dates between April and August of 2016.

A special ticket pre-sale drawing for all dates except the festival and stadium dates starts today for current Ten Club members (as of Monday, January 18th). Memberships purchased after Monday, January 18th are not eligible for the Ten Club pre-sale drawing for any of the shows listed below including the shows in Boston and Chicago.

Apr-08-16 - Fort Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
Apr-09-16 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena
Apr-11-16 - Tampa, FL - Amalie Arena
Apr-13-16 - Jacksonville, FL - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
Apr-16-16 - Greenville, SC - Bon Secours Wellness Arena
Apr-18-16 - Hampton, VA - Hampton Coliseum
Apr-20-16 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena
Apr-21-16 - Columbia, SC - Colonial Life Arena
Apr-23-16 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
Apr-26-16 - Lexington, KY - Rupp Arena
Apr-28-16 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
Apr-29-16 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
May-01-16 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
May-02-16 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
May-05-16 - Quebec City, QC - Centre Vidéotron
May-08-16 - Ottawa, ON - Canadian Tire Centre
May-10-16 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
June-9-12*-16 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival
Aug-05-16 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park
Aug-07-16 - Boston, MA - Fenway Park
Aug-20-16 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field
Aug-22-16 - Chicago, IL - Wrigley Field

*All dates subject to change

**Exact Pearl Jam performance date at Bonnaroo to be announced by the festival over the coming months.

***Ticket information regarding Pearl Jam’s shows at Fenway Park and Wrigley Field will be announced over the coming weeks.

New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival tickets are on sale now at nojazzfest.com. Bonnaroo tickets to go on sale January 22nd at Home Page | Bonnaroo 2016.

For full list of public ticket sales visit the tour page: PearlJam.com/Tour

Nice! So people who went to their last tour, was it as pain staking trying to get tickets as it was for the ie tour, or is there a bit less traffic?

Might prices be similar or less?

Last edited:
No west coast dates :(

Right? Hopefully they are coming to the West Coast in Fall/Winter. :waiting:

Nice! So people who went to their last tour, was it as pain staking trying to get tickets as it was for the ie tour, or is there a bit less traffic?

Might prices be similar or less?

Depends on the market, I'd expect. I know the last Wrigley show they did sold out super fast. Their LA shows also went fast.

Pricing, they are more than U2 GA but way less than U2 lowers. Probably looking at $90-100 for good seats.

Prices for a pair of tickets through 10 club range from $157 to $188 (MSG).
Most shows are $159 for a pair ($79.50 per ticket), Philly is $172.00

I assume Fenway and Wrigley will be a bit higher (not on sale till early February)

In general tix will be hard to get for NYC and Philly in the arenas (maybe Toronto as well since its a single show) and presumably Wrigley and Fenway also (Wrigley in 2013 was very tough, but it was only one night).

The other shows shouldn't be too bad to get.

I'll be attending this tour.

Unfortunately I will not be! :(

No shows in Ohio. U2 are the only band I will leave Ohio to see anymore, so sometimes I miss out, but with the kids and my job I can't really swing that anymore. Pretty bummed about these dates, but oh well!

I "won" GA tickets for the Monday show at MSG, closed out of the other gig... but I can just try for tickets the old fashioned way for that one.

I'm wondering how much of the floor the pit will take up and how crowded it'll be. They say anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 the floor. Here's hoping for a third.

Love the way they've been able to evolve their fan club ticketing to something that's fair for old and new fans alike and better than a majority of acts out there... Certainly anyone of their stature.

Nice pull for you, odds were at like 7% chance for GA for that show.

I did GA for 2 shows in Worcester in 2013, I'd say it was a little less than half the floor. Plenty of room towards the back of GA if you so choose. I got in line both nights just before doors opened and ended up 2 or 3 from stage in front of McCready both nights.
First night even that close to stage had plenty of space, 2nd night seemed packed in a bit tighter.

Waiting for the Fenway lottery.

Last edited:
I saw all the Pearl Jam tours from 1998 through 2006. I have not seen them since 2006 though. I hope to catch them on this new tour. What is this new tour for by the way? Is a new album about to come out?

"No tickets from the venue"... at 12:09? Funnily enough on the radio this morning they were talking about how Ticketmaster is rigged and tickets are held for scalpers. Assuming its true since tickets are already on stubhub.

That was much worse than U2. I managed U2 tickets about an hour after they went on sale following the initial long waits.

So when this happens and they say tickets on the first sale day aren't available at the box office, do they sometimes get released to the MSG box office?

Last edited:
Got one in Sec 2 for the Monday MSG show, probably the best seat I have had for PJ! Not being in the fan club (have had technical difficulties every time I tried to sign up through the years) I am usually up in the heavens. A Sec 207 came up for the Sunday show on my tablet app after I scored the Monday ticket but I threw that one back.

"No tickets from the venue"... at 12:09? Funnily enough on the radio this morning they were talking about how Ticketmaster is rigged and tickets are held for scalpers. Assuming its true since tickets are already on stubhub.

That was much worse than U2. I managed U2 tickets about an hour after they went on sale following the initial long waits.

So when this happens and they say tickets on the first sale day aren't available at the box office, do they sometimes get released to the MSG box office?

12:09 I can live with. It's when it's 12:02, everything's sold out and there are thousands of tickets on stub hub that gets me.

Yeah they were still searching for my tickets in the queue at 12:02. I went from 7 minute wait to 45 minute wait to 9 minutes to 36 minutes...in about a 2 minute span haha. But yeah I saw on twitter people got messages that tickets were sold out at 12:02. There are now 1500 tickets on Stubhub, cheapest being at $145 each for nosebleeds...

I hear there's going to be an investigation into these scalpers using bots that get them hundreds of tickets at once. Its particularly bad in NY. Of course it'll probably do absolutely nothing to help or go nowhere.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...et-to-that-concert-you-want-to-see-blame-bots

Last edited:
The bots are an issue everywhere. The higher demand for the show, the more these scalper douchebags throw at it. I can remember the first PJ shows at Wrigley being sold out in under a minute, yet tickets were on stub hub by the thousands.

It really is sick.

The AG of NYS is trying to get the "paper tickets only" law in NY overturned, which would be a start.

I'm all in favor of electronic tickets that are tied to your account and can not be transfered without going through a certain protocol.

I'm especially thankful for Pearl Jam reserving all of the best tickets in the house for their fan club members. More bands need to follow suit.

I'm okay with losing out on tickets cause another fan got them more than I am losing out because some schmuck scalper

Back
Top Bottom