Paul McCartney's "New" Album .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mount Temple

The Fly
Interference,

Is anyone here a fan of Paul McCartney? He has just released "New" and was wondering what you all thought of it.

While being a huge Paul McCartney fan (The Beatles, Wings, etc.), I wasn't a huge fan of his solo stuff. However, I'm going to download the album when I can. I loved the first single. :up:

I liked flaming pie, although I understand no one else did. I haven't liked more than 2 or 3 songs since, though.

Having missed that in here, and having only read negative reviews about it when it came out, I just assumed I was the only person who actually liked those songs.

Been constantly listening to it for just several hours and I already feel 'New' is Macca's best non-'Fireman' album since 'Chaos and Creation in the Backyard.'

I only heard Flaming pie (I liked) from his solo years, and a Best of.

On My Way to Work, Queenie Eye, Early Days and New stretch is the best part of the album. Opener Save us is solid too. Appreciate, trying new things aside, falls flat, as does the singalong/clap chorus-but not much else Everybody out there. Hosanna and Alligator don't do much for me either, but the last three songs improve the album again and the hidden song is good too.

I like this album. It's worse than Chaos and Creation but definitely better than the scattershot Memory Almost Full. I have mixed feelings about the production, but the album definitely sounds vital and fresh, which I'm assuming was his aim. The 77 or whatever it has on metacritic is fairly accurate.

Back
Top Bottom