Passion Pit - Manners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just listened to most of the album and after a few songs I was thinking "Okay, this is better than I originally thought it was."

Then a few songs later I thought, "No, it's really not. I was trying to force myself to like it."

But if you see this band live, you will understand that this lead singer cannot sing. Seriously, its bad

The album is already proof enough. I might like it more if there were someone else singing.

The MGMT album would have made a killer EP instead.

When I found my late-breaking love for Kids and Time to Pretend, I went back to the album again and was surprised and disappointed that there was nothing else on the album that was even remotely good.

I liked The Reeling, haven't heard anything else yet, although its not my genre, they're Boston boys so I figured I'd give them a chance, likely just the next indie fad though.

The album is already proof enough. I might like it more if there were someone else singing.

I agree that, at times, the vocals can get annoying, but the music is so damn catchy that I'm willing to deal with it. And I think he sounds much better here than on the EP, so that's a good sign.

When I found my late-breaking love for Kids and Time to Pretend, I went back to the album again and was surprised and disappointed that there was nothing else on the album that was even remotely good.

I would put Electric Feel up there, too.

I was really high on MGMT when they only had the Time to Pretend EP knocking about. I still prefer that version of "Kids." Then the album came out and absolutely sucked, with two of the three good tracks already done better on the EP. Then "Kids" became a single and thus ubiquitous, all but ruining it for me.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and agree with this:

i think "Moth's Wings" is a near perfect song.

The album's best track and a clear standout of 2009 thus far.

I like Moth Wings a lot as well. There are probably a couple tracks from the album I like a little more than it though.

PS - MGMT are horrible live

To me, this album is this year's In Ghost Colours. :up:

Alright, I'm convinced. Time to check these blokes out.

Reading the Shitfork review, it's very similar in tone as their review of IGC (not groundbreaking, but sweetsounding), which has gotta bea good thing.

Ah yes, Things Of Stone and Wood, they might've run out of Melbourne cliches, but I still love them, listened to some of their songs yesterday actually. Timeless.

Yeah, and if it isn't a good show, just make a night out of it anyway. You can still post on a U2 message board the next day saying "I saw Passion Pit live, motherfuckers!". Also you can say it to your friends.

Anyone know exactly what that entire "orange peels" lyric is in Eyes As Candles? Can't decipher it and am getting conflicting reports from GooGle searches.

Someone else mentioned that the vocals were terrible live, but for $15, I'd go.

Yeah, and if it isn't a good show, just make a night out of it anyway. You can still post on a U2 message board the next day saying "I saw Passion Pit live, motherfuckers!". Also you can say it to your friends.

:up: Both valid points. Plus it's at a venue I haven't been able to get to yet in the two years I've lived here, so I'll be planning on it. Expect a report on how shitty/tolerable the vocals are live.

20 bucks? Is every album that pricey down under?

I think there is something about the exchange rate which makes it not as expensive as it seems (I falmost failed macroeconomics) , though I do recall paying less for new release albums in the US when I was there.

It worked out to be, back then:

AUD $14 - in the USA
AUD $20 - in AUS

So I suppose it was quite a significant difference. Regardless, I do enjoy this album and will pick up a copy, especially if there is a lyric booklet.

"Higher and higher and higher, higher and higher and higher....."

Whatever. Intedomine clearly is liking the album, which will lead to his eventual purchase and a likely trek to a show in Australia if they ever make it down there.

The system works.

Back
Top Bottom