One Hundred Million Suns...New Snow Patrol Album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crack The Shutters, Disaster Button and The Lightning Strike are my favorites so far, in addition to Take Back the City.

Take Back The City is great on the album, its not like Vertigo per say, where once you listen to the rest of the album it over takes the song. I think it fits perfectly.

I've listened to this all the way through once so far.

However, the 16 minute effort that closes the album was very impressive. This is a break from the norm for them, and I thought it was done well. Perhaps they should look into doing more longer pieces like this in the future.

:hyper: ooh I'm excited!!

Fuck, Take Back The City is catchy. It's some good shit though. Reminds of some of that brill middle-of-the road mid 90's Amercian post-grunge stuff

Crack The Shutters, Disaster Button and The Lightning Strike are my favorites so far, in addition to Take Back the City.

I would have to agree with this. Disaster Button and The Lightning Strike are probably the top two for me.

Funny how they are the last two songs.

So a strong beginning, and an excellent ending, but the middle is a bit murky for me. It kind of plods along a bit during that stretch.

not sure if someone posted this or not but you can listen to the album in full on SP's official website. You just have to be registered as a member (no cost) to listen..

so far i'm torn on this one. it's not as catchy as their last two, which may end up being a good thing. The song "Lifeboat" may be their best song ever. at the same time, the album didn't send chills down my spine whatsoever.

Am I the only one getting a "Beautiful Day" vibe from "If There's a Rocket Tie Me To It"?

Also, why is this getting such negative feedback from "professional" reviewers? None of the reviews I've read have been that detailed or well written, but bad press doesn't help. Some of these same people raved for Eyes Open, this album is far superior.

a month after this album has been released, i must say that Snow Patrol now bores me. "Lifeboats" is the only song i like from this album, otherwise it just seems like they're recycling leftovers from their previous album.

very dissapointed. :down:

Once again I think I read a review that summed up what I think about SP nowadays, no they aren't totally talented or innovative (although Final Straw was at least a great creative effort that made them stand out) but they know how to mix sounds in gorgeous ways and make very listenable music, which can be appreciated for what it is. I enjoy all the songs really, with The Lightning Strike and Rocket being the standouts for me.

some north american dates announced and presales!

SNOW PATROL ANNOUNCE FULL NORTH AMERICAN TOUR!

On the day that Snow Patrol leave North America after three weeks of shows with Coldplay, we can now announce full details of their own headlining tour.

The band will return to the States and Canada in September and October to play 22 dates across the continent, including the show previously announced in Nashville. The gigs will also coincide with Snow Patrol supporting U2 at six dates of their 360° tour in Chicago, Toronto and Foxborough.

Tickets for the show go on general sale on Saturday 27th June (except Washington - 10th July and Kansas City - 11th July), with full ticket details up in the Snow Patrol tour section.

As an SP.com member we are giving you the opportunity to access pre sale tickets before the general public.

The full list of tour dates as well as pre sale start dates are listed below:-

Sep 10 - St.Paul, Myth - (Friday 26th June at 10pm CDT)
Sep 14 - Detroit, Fillmore - (Friday 26th June at 10am EDT)
Sep 18 - Montreal, Metropolis - (Friday 26th June at 12pm EDT)
Sep 22 - New York, Beacon - (Wednesday 24th June at 10am EDT)
Sep 25 - Washington DC, Constitution Hall - (Thursday 9th July at 10am EDT)
Sep 26 - Philadelphia, Tower - (Thursday 25th June at 10am EDT)
Sep 27 - Columbus, LC Pavilion - (Friday 26th June at 10am EDT)
Sep 29 - Kansas City, Uptown - (Friday 26th June at 10am CDT)
Sep 30 - Indianapolis, Egyptian - (Wednesday 24th June at 10am EDT)
Oct 02 - Nashville, Ryman - (Tickets onsale Now!)
Oct 03 - Atlanta, Tabernacle - (Friday 26th June at 10am EDT)
Oct 05 - Houston, Warehouse - (Friday 26th June at 10am CDT)
Oct 06 - Austin, Stubbs - (Friday 26th June at 10am CDT)
Oct 07 - Dallas, Palladium - (Friday 26th June at 10am CDT)
Oct 09 - Denver, Fillmore - (Thursday 25th June at 10am MDT)
Oct 10 - Salt Lake City, Mckay - (Thursday 25th June at 10am MDT)
Oct 11 - Boise, Knitting Factory - (Wednesday 24th June at 10am MDT)
Oct 13 - Portland, Schnitzer - (Thursday 25th June at 10am PDT)
Oct 14 - Seattle, Paramount - (Thursday 25th June at 10am PDT)
Oct 16 - Oakland, The Fox - (Wednesday 24th June at 10am PDT)
Oct 17 - San Diego, OAT - (Wednesday 24th June at 10am PDT)
Oct 20th - Los Angeles, Wiltern - (Wednesday 24th June at 10am PDT)

To access pre sale tickets (at the times listed above) click here.

The Eskimos

Snow Patrol | Official Site

can't do the DC show cuz I'll be in NY at Giants Stadium for umm some band named U2.

But I am thinking the Philly show the next day, the 26th...:hmm:

Conveniently skipping Boston :cries:

I know I'll get to see them with U2, but I'd like to see them in their own element for a whole show.

Back
Top Bottom