One Hundred Million Suns...New Snow Patrol Album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing. I was just amused at you exploding like a volcano. You need to calm down a bit. :crack:

U need to calm down, too, buddy.

I like Snow Patrol alright, actually. The last album had a few good songs, but I preferred Final Straw.

the latest from snowpatrol.com

WORLDWIDE FIRST PLAY OF TAKE BACK THE CITY

Hello there everyone. I will be on Zane’s show on Monday evening from 7pm to play the single, Take Back The City, for the first time anywhere. It’ll be played at 7.20pm but I advise listening to the whole thing as it’s an awesome show with a deep love and knowledge of new music. I’ve been told it will be streamed on the radio one website at the same time, whatever the hell that means! I’m sure the more internet savvy of you will know what that means.

If you miss it at 7:20pm you will also be able to listen to the track again online from tuesday morning at bbc.co.uk/radio1/ as well as a snippet from the track at SP.com after the last chord has rung out on the radio.

NEW ALBUM TRACK-LISTING ANNOUNCED!

Here is the track-listing and running order for the new album:

If There’s a Rocket Tie Me To It
Crack The Shutters Open
Take Back The City
Lifeboats
The Golden Floor
Please Just Take These Photos From my Hands
Set Down Your Glass
The Planets Bend Between Us
Engines
Disaster Button
The Lightning Strike
(i)What if This Storm Ends?
(ii)Sunlight Through The Flags
(iii)Daybreak

The last song is sixteen minutes long and by far the longest we’ve ever done. Don’t be frightened though, it’s great. Although for now you’ll have to take my word for that and I’m pretty biased I have to say.

gL

News » Posted: 29 Aug 2008 | # | Comments (2)

Snow Patrol Announce New Album "A Hundred Million Suns"

SNOW PATROL will release A Hundred Million Suns (Polydor/Fiction/Geffen Records) on October 28th 2008.

The album is preceded by the fantastic single “Take Back The City”, which comes with a video shot in East London courtesy of acclaimed video director Alex Courtes (White Stripes “Seven Nation Army”).

Gary Lightbody (vocals/guitars) says, “"I'm so proud of this record. Everybody played out of their skin. Garret (Jacknife Lee) continued his progression from maverick genius to one of the best producers in the world. Musically, lyrically and sonically the best record we've made"

The Grammy-nominated band’s fifth studio album was recorded throughout the Summer of 2008 in Hansa Studios in Berlin (where Bowie recorded “Low,” “Heroes” and “Lodger”) and at Grouse Lodge deep in the Irish countryside. Written by Snow Patrol, the album was produced by Garret “Jacknife” Lee (Bloc Party, REM, U2).

Snow Patrol are one of the biggest selling UK bands this decade and A Hundred Million Suns follows up the 2006 Number One, seven-times platinum phenomenon Eyes Open which sold 2.1 million copies in the UK and over 1 million in the US. Eyes Open achieved platinum awards across the world from the US and Canada to Germany, Australia and beyond, selling over 4.5 million copies. Their single “Chasing Cars” has just received its 2 millionth download in the US.

News » Posted: 27 Aug 2008 | # | Comments (0)

:hyper: :yippie: :D

Just saw the video for Take Back The City on Vh1. Song's not bad but it didn't jump out at me. Maybe it's a grower. :hmm: Definitely sounds different from Eyes Open.

Just saw the video for Take Back The City on Vh1. Song's not bad but it didn't jump out at me. Maybe it's a grower. :hmm: Definitely sounds different from Eyes Open.

yeah i agree, they have been playing it on XM Radio here lately and its definitely the snow patrol sound..distinct for sho.. but yeah it didn't grab me as of yet. I am hoping there are some killer songs on the new album.. :hyper:

I guess they really like Elbow's album this year, too.

It's a nice cover. It doesn't touch the original, though.

As for Take Back The City, I agree with others that it didn't really stand out on first listen. We'll see what happens upon further listening. Still looking forward to the album, though.

I was playing One Day Like this coming into this thread... now I'm intrigued to check out that video.

Also, I really like Take Back The City and I'm glad it isn't Eyes Open-cheesy, but some of those new track titles are horrid haha, and the album is called "A Hundred Million Suns" not "One Hundred..."

And what's with October 28th? Pretty much every release I'm looking forward to this whole season is out that day, this album, Ryan Adams, The Cure, and the physical release of Bloc Party's Intimacy.

That's a pretty impressive cover, but can't touch the original obviously, good to see Seldom Seen Kid getting lots of love on here and from other bands.

Why do you think Eyes Open is cheesy? I mean, are you basing that on just one song, or the whole thing? Doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't say I didn't like some of it but even some of the ones I like such as "You Can Be Happy" or even "Open Your Eyes" and "You're All I Have" are quite cheesy in comparison to the witty rock of Final Straw, but then there's "Set The Fire to the Third Bar" and "Make This Go On Forever" which are excellent.

I can't wait for this, I loved the Final Straw so much. "Run" is one of my favorite songs ever.

did anyone enter the contest to win a trip to see their shows in Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh & London?? :drool: you can win to travel with the band on their plane, attend all 4 shows on 26 & 27 Oct, and will be given a video cam to record it all. hahahaha!!! chances are slim to none, but i'm excited. :lol:

did anyone enter the contest to win a trip to see their shows in Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh & London?? :drool: you can win to travel with the band on their plane, attend all 4 shows on 26 & 27 Oct, and will be given a video cam to record it all. hahahaha!!! chances are slim to none, but i'm excited. :lol:

:shocked: That is a pretty awesome contest.

Also, I'm surprised this hasn't leaked yet, but that's probably good, at least one of the bunch of albums I want on the 28th will be brand new to me.

Wow!

I've listened to this all the way through once so far.

Those wanting another Final Straw will be disappointed, as it's closer to Eyes Open. Not surprising, though.

Initial thoughts - some very good songs, but too many mid-tempo numbers. It doesn't rock as hard as their previous efforts. That said, I found myself enjoying the album still. Not sure if I like it as much as the last one yet. It will definitely need repeat listenings. It certainly doesn't touch Final Straw.

However, the 16 minute effort that closes the album was very impressive. This is a break from the norm for them, and I thought it was done well. Perhaps they should look into doing more longer pieces like this in the future.

It's no huge leap from them, but I like it as one album more than Eyes Open which is a collection of mostly good, if slightly conventional and disconnected songs.

Final Straw
A Hundred Million Suns
Eyes Open

The other two are so different that they're unquantifiable as compared with those three.

Back
Top Bottom