Oldchella

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
The reports and rumors are true. The Who, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Neil Young and Roger Waters will each perform full shows at the Desert Trip festival which will be held October 7 – 9 at Empire Polo Field in Indio, California. Two acts will play each nights starting after sunset at the home of the Coachella festival.

The three night concert kicks off Friday, October 7 with The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan and His Band, followed on Saturday, October 8 by Paul McCartney and Neil Young + Promise of the Real, with the weekend coming to a close on Sunday, October 9 with Roger Waters and The Who. Reserved seats and general admission passes go on sale Monday, May 9 at 10 a.m. PT via DesertTrip.com. Three-day GA passes run $399, reserved floor tickets will be available for $699, $999 and $1,599, reserved grandstand tickets are priced at $999 and $1,599 while standing pit passes run $1,599. Single-day ducats will be available and cost $199. Hotel packages, premium seating, RV and tent camping are also available

Everywhere, from what I hear.

ELVIS NEEDS BOATS!
ELVIS NEEDS BOATS!
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS NEEDS BOATS!

I've seen all these performers (when I had more $) through the decades so I don't have to go :D

(was lucky to sit outside Forrest Hills Stadium last summer to hear The Who one mo' time, since I couldn't afford to be inside They sounded great Happy memories!)

Are we going to see old hipsters cruising the Oldchella fairgrounds?

the_hippest_old_men_hipsters_ever_640_14.jpg

old-hipster-lady.jpg

So much money to see a bunch of people past their prime that I wouldn't go watch if it were even free because it just ruins the music for me. I'm a massive fan of all of those acts except The Who even. Neil Young and Waters (and Floyd for that matter) were at least undeniably great live acts into the 80s when those other ones were already cheese-fests. McCartney getting back on the tour circuit at the end of the 80s was already a boring nostalgia fest for boomers.

And Dylan isn't really a savings issue here like the other ones are...his shows rarely ever actually sell out and few people beyond his most dedicated fans think he's even that great in concert. I've known a lot of people that have seen him live this century and they said they couldn't even tell what songs he was playing most of the time because he's that uninspired a live performer, so for him this will be a massive increase in audience.

I saw Neil Young with Crazy Horse in 2012 on the Psychedelic Pill tour and it was one of the better shows I've ever seen. Roger Waters was playing The Wall when I saw him and it basically sounded like the album but the spectacle and novelty of it all made it special. Dylan I've seen twice; first time sucked, second time was enjoyable because he stuck to bluesier material that suited his current backing band. Neither show was anything spectacular.

I'd go to this festival if I were nearby and the price was right, but as it stands, I'll pass.

I wonder if irresponsible middle aged concertgoers will leave their grandkids lying unsupervised on tables.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom