Okkervil River thread 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was about to post the same. Just pre-ordered the vinyl box set. That's such a good list of songs. So glad we are getting Another Radio Song (from a show I attended!).

Last edited:
I was about to post the same. Just pre-ordered the vinyl box set. That's such a good list of songs. So glad we are getting Another Radio Song (from a show I attended!).

:up:

Listening to it now on Spotify.

Some of these versions are so good. The ending of the piano and string-driven For Real when the guitar comes in. :drool:

Also very happy to finally have a nice live version of Kansas City, which is such a good and underrated track.

Oh, and this may be the definite version of Black too.

What did you think, mofo?

Last edited:
Some of these versions are so good.

Haha, I was just listening to this version of So Come Back, I Am Waiting and thinking, "this is incredible!"

They played Kansas City the first time I saw them (week or two before BSB released). Pretty funny to hear him to say Jonathan Meiburg's name before the song on. I wasn't looking at the description, so I was immediately like, "oh, this is an old recording".

My only complaint is the lack of my fav Rainbow Rain tracks. Otherwise, I'm absolutely loving it.

Last edited:
I've just received the physical edition and this is truly one of the most well put together vinyl box sets I've ever had. Really beautiful stuff.

Kind of hard to do it justice with photos. It’s a book format with a “page” for each record, which is pretty neat. And it has great photos all around.

IMG_4789.JPG

IMG_4790.JPG

Anyone been to one of the Will Sheff solo shows yet? I have tickets (douchiest of seats) for next week.

Went to the Will Sheff solo show last weekend, it was fantastic. He played most of the solo album in addition to some great versions of Okkervil River classics and rarities. He and the supporting band sounded great and seemed to be enjoying themselves (we were the last show of the tour). The opener was a new side project of one of the women from Dirty Projectors (mmeadows), it was the release day for their album, they were in fantastic spirits and sounded great as well.

My friends and I were hanging around the venue a bit after the show waiting for the merch line to die down to buy some more items, when suddenly Will Sheff appeared next to us and we talked to him for a couple minutes and got some signatures. He was super nice and happy to talk. Pretty awesome and completely unexpected end to a great show. He's probably my favorite songwriter together with ye olde Bonoz and Thommy, so the fact that I unintentionally interacted with him even just for a couple minutes is still pretty surreal.

Last edited:
That's really cool! Only thing I've had close to that was the time I left a Broken Social Scene gig and on the way to my car found them all out the back of the venue smoking and we had a chat. That was very cool.

Back
Top Bottom