Ok, Rush vs U2 LIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the most annoying thread I've seen in a long time.

And that's really saying something around here.

I guess Rush fans are every bit as bored as U2 fans right now, so they are invading and trolling. :lol:

U2 hold the record for largest audience, had the fastest-selling tour under Paul McCartney and have won best live act in countless magazine's countdowns, lists, and polls.
Rush were mentioned on some of those-- but in the 30s and 40s. not the #1 spot. And to me that is more official than any of your opinions that you consider fact.

A funny little story about this very topic:
I watched my friend's Rush in Rio dvd at a party once and we ended up putting in The Vertigo Milan DVD after two songs into the Rush one....and everyone there liked the U2 one a lot more. We even had people saying "I never liked U2...but they are really good live!" (We also watched the Clapton 'One More Car/Rider" and Bowie's "A Reality Tour 2004" and everyone liked those a lot more than the Rush DVD- Even my friend who was a huge Rush fan.)

P.S. Why so defensive Moggio?! You asked our opinions and you are getting them!

What about the voice of Geddy Lee? How did it get so high? I wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy...

(I know him, and he does!)

And you're my fact-checkin cuz...

(awwww)

It's not my opinion. It's a FACT.

Can you friggin' understand that, or not?

I never said they did.

apparently you can't understand a thing anyone says here and think maybe we may have a point.

Please go back to school and read up on what opinons and facts are and then come back here and have 2 sided discussion cuz u are certainly not expressing nor doing that here.

This is the most annoying thread I've seen in a long time.

And that's really saying something around here.

tell me about it.. I keep beating my head on the wall and I can't seem to get myself to stop..

Please pull me away from this thread cori cuz i needz halp. It's like a car crash, i just can't look away.

U2 hold the record for largest audience, had the fastest-selling tour under Paul McCartney and have won best live act in countless magazine's countdowns, lists, and polls.
Rush were mentioned on some of those-- but in the 30s and 40s. not the #1 spot. And to me that is more official than any of your opinions that you consider fact.

A funny little story about this very topic:
I watched my friend's Rush in Rio dvd at a party once and we ended up putting in The Vertigo Milan DVD after two songs into the Rush one....and everyone there liked the U2 one a lot more. We even had people saying "I never liked U2...but they are really good live!" (We also watched the Clapton 'One More Car/Rider" and Bowie's "A Reality Tour 2004" and everyone liked those a lot more than the Rush DVD- Even my friend who was a huge Rush fan.)

P.S. Why so defensive Moggio?! You asked our opinions and you are getting them!

he's not asking for our opinions cuz he doesn't seem to know what opinions are as opposed to facts.

Because I'm an old school U2 fan.

No. Just to provide fanboys here with a reality check.

It doesn't have to. Because what I said above in the last part of my second to last post, is FACTUAL.

Moggio YOU ROCK!!! Nice to see someone put aside their fanboy-ism and TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

For the record, I'm NOT a Rush fan-boy. U2 is my FAVORITE BAND.

I just think Rush is JUST AS GOOD.

The are the greatest 3 piece on EARTH. No one can argue that.

I guess U2's only better because they have a front man who does nothing and plays a guitar in concert that you can't even hear.

geddy sounds like he's drowning in a sea of poison.
worst voice of all time. i sound better than he does.

Rush was that prog rock band that was cool to listen to when you were stoned in friend's basement back in the late 70's right?

Rush rocks.

U2 rocks.

Rush are better musicians (by far), and their last album was better than U2's, by far.

U2 is more popular.

U2 has 2 albums in my top 10 of all time, Rush has 1.

I like Rush's shows better recently because:

They play for a long time (3hrs)
No opening band
Thrown in some real oldies never played live before
Peart is a Drum god
Better stage show
They are still at the top of their musical and creative game.

However, for all their setlist staticness, U2 actually mixes up their set more than Rush does, but still plays too many old chestnuts.

At their peaks, U2 is better live. Recently, Rush.

Anyone here think Edge could play the Working Man guitar solo? :lol:

Rush are brilliant individual musicians, U2's whole is greater than the sum of it's parts.

Even as a long time Rush fan i have to say "so what if he can't ?"

I dont care if he could or not, I love both bands. That just seemed like an amusing thought to me considering how different their guitar styles are.

honestlyyyyyyyy, when I compare these two bands in my head, it's not even close, U2 as a band is just so much better in almost every single aspect....:shrug:

Moggio YOU ROCK!!! Nice to see someone put aside their fanboy-ism and TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

For the record, I'm NOT a Rush fan-boy. U2 is my FAVORITE BAND.

I just think Rush is JUST AS GOOD.

The are the greatest 3 piece on EARTH. No one can argue that.

I guess U2's only better because they have a front man who does nothing and plays a guitar in concert that you can't even hear.

Thanks. You seem to be one of the very few knowledgeable and objective music fans on this forum that can admit that.

And isn't it absolutely hilarious that some people in this thread haven't even heard of Rush's music but are automatically taking U2's side?:applaud:

Classic!

Rush rocks.

U2 rocks.

Rush are better musicians (by far), and their last album was better than U2's, by far.

U2 is more popular.

U2 has 2 albums in my top 10 of all time, Rush has 1.

I like Rush's shows better recently because:

They play for a long time (3hrs)
No opening band
Thrown in some real oldies never played live before
Peart is a Drum god
Better stage show
They are still at the top of their musical and creative game.

However, for all their setlist staticness, U2 actually mixes up their set more than Rush does, but still plays too many old chestnuts.

Good points.

At their peaks, U2 is better live. Recently, Rush.

I don't agree.

Thanks. You seem to be one of the very few knowledgeable and objective music fans on this forum that can admit that.

And isn't it absolutely hilarious that some people in this thread haven't even heard of Rush's music but are automatically taking U2's side?:applaud:

Classic!

i can tell you right now that I was a teenager when 2112 came out and had their album back then so you would be wrong when it comes to this statement. I am sure you weren't even born so don't start sweeping all of the 'some people' under one rug.

i can tell you right now that I was a teenager when 2112 came out and had their album back then so you would be wrong when it comes to this statement. I am sure you weren't even born so don't start sweeping all of the 'some people' under one rug.

If I wasn't born I wouldn't be here. And I'm not sweeping all of the posters in thread under one rug. Some people mean some people. Not you.

they are the only band i know of that has u2 beat as being around the longest without any lineup changes, breakups, etc.

ZZ_Top_.jpg

If I wasn't born I wouldn't be here. And I'm not sweeping all of the posters in thread under one rug. Some people mean some people. Not you.

i meant when that album came out is what i meant by you probably not being born.

I'll tell ya, i am 43 yrs old so I have been around a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom