OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not great news from the USA

Hi Arthur,

Both British bands enjoyed their biggest successes (and in Oasis' case, tabloid headlines, too) in the '90s, but they're still making music that's reaching their fans.

In October, Oasis' "Dig Out Your Soul" became its first top 10 album on the Billboard 200 since "Be Here Now" 11 years earlier. The lead single from "Dig," "The Shock of the Lightning," likewise became its highest-charting song on the Modern Rock radio chart (No. 12) since 1997, when "Don't Go Away" reached No. 5.

The new "Dig Out Your Soul" has sold 116,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. 2005's "Don't Believe the Truth" has sold 202,000; 2002's "Heathen Chemistry," 154,000; and 2000's "Standing on the Shoulder of Giants," 208,000.

The band's catalog sales have not shown any robust increases since the release of "Dig." Of all the band's albums, 1995's "(What’s the Story) Morning Glory?" has sold the most to date (3,931,000). "Be Here Now" ranks second (1,013,000).

The Verve returned to the Billboard 200 in September after 10 years with "Forth," which, like "Urban Hymns" in 1998, peaked at No. 23.

"Urban Hymns" has sold 1,358,000 since its 1997 release. Sales of "Forth" stand at 53,000

Billboard.com- Music Searches Reveal New Songs and Entertainment News

The next single has been confirmed as the soon legendary FALLING DOWN

hopefully they give it a proper release and stick it on the radios ASAP as it should be #1 everywhere

video is out on Feb 3rd!

From Oasisinet

And the next single is...

26 January 2009
‘'Falling Down', highlighted by reviewers as one of the best tracks on their latest album, the track will be released as a single on Monday 9th March (8th March digitally). The Noel Gallagher-sung track is taken from Oasis’ 7th studio album ‘'Dig Out Your Soul'’ which went straight to number one in the UK and top 5 in the US on its release last October.

The video for '‘Falling Down'’ will receive its premiere on Channel 4 on 3rd February at 11.35pm (E4 9pm) and was directed by WIZ with whom the band have worked in the past.

Keep checking back to Oasisinet for more info on the exciting and exclusive b-sides that will accompany the release.

WIZ did the videos for the Hindu Times and Stop Crying Your Heart Out by the way

If Shock and Outta Time, that are two amazing tracks, flopped at the charts, I can't see something like Falling Down doing any better. :doh:

Hopefully this time there will be some B-sides. Decent ones.

If Shock and Outta Time, that are two amazing tracks, flopped at the charts, I can't see something like Falling Down doing any better. :doh:

Hopefully this time there will be some B-sides. Decent ones.

I'm afraid not
more remix's

Oasis 2nd and 3rd singles only chart in about 5 countries these days

The record company Sony who promote Oasis worldwide do a terrible job

they dont even release the singles in AUS/NZ - doubt anywhere outside of UK and Europe saw I'm Outta Time

Probably the same for Falling Down

I'm afraid not
more remix's

Oasis 2nd and 3rd singles only chart in about 5 countries these days

The record company Sony who promote Oasis worldwide do a terrible job

they dont even release the singles in AUS/NZ - doubt anywhere outside of UK and Europe saw I'm Outta Time

Probably the same for Falling Down

Yeah, probably...

But y'know there's something wrong with the world when a lead single from a Oasis' album doesn't top UK charts. And that's sad, cause Shock is Oasis' best lead single since Go Let It Out

No B-sides probably cause they did the bonus disc thing, with I Believe In All (brilliant tune) and Boy With the Blues on it....

Doubt you will see the single in AUS/NZ

Sony are a useless pieces of crap

For a band that once sold loads in AUS with WTSMG they should at least try and appeal to that fan base

Oasis to headline Benicàssim

27 January 2009
Oasis will be headlining this year's Benicàssim festival in Spain on Thursday 16th July. It will mark a triumphant return to the country, later this year, after the band's sold out dates in Madrid and Barcelona on their current, largest-ever European tour. It will also mark their third appearance at the festival.

Other artists confirmed for the festival include Kings Of Leon, Franz Ferdinand and Paul Weller.

Tickets are now on sale through tickets.fiberfib.com.

For more information about the festival, click here!

General public have no taste, chart positions dont reflect the quality of music. Shock of the.. was a fucking stomper of a tune and Im outta time was a quality ballad. If there was any justice, Falling Down would be a huge hit.

Falling Down despite being one of OAsis's best ever tunes will flop big time

It deserves to be #1 everywhere - it should do better than I'm Outta Time on the radio though!

Video is out tommorow - if there is a link i'll post it!

Nice one mate. I hope its trippy because the song was very psychedelic.

What are you talking about?
This video is great! Way better than that video for I'm Outta Time (such a beautiful tune wasted on that video.) I think I like Falling Down more now. :hyper:

That was a waste of my time. Its almost like they want these singles to flop, what the fuck did that video have to do with the song:doh:

it doesnt go with the song
i wanted some epic video with noel going all psychedelic

and the band are in it for about 5 seconds in total - I'm Outta Time was a nice video with Liam in the countryside

this is a poor, lazy effort - but i am glad you like - so far your the only one

The Oasis forum is going mental on how BAD they think it is

it doesnt go with the song
i wanted some epic video with noel going all psychedelic

and the band are in it for about 5 seconds in total - I'm Outta Time was a nice video with Liam in the countryside

this is a poor, lazy effort - but i am glad you like - so far your the only one

The Oasis forum is going mental on how BAD they think it is

i really like I'm Outta Time video, and the song too. really. i liked the shots and everything and Liam looks great. this one is... Ok. could be worst! :|

Lame

Would have rather watched this for the whole time :wink:
thlsd_trip-1.gif
thlsd_trip-1.gif
thlsd_trip-1.gif

This video is beyond bad

i had high expectations as i thought the first 2 videos were good - this is just awful

The band are in it for about 10 seconds WTF!!!!:down:

Back
Top Bottom