OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rocky Raccoon guitars in Get Off Your High Horse Lady :drool:

To Be Where There's Life :drool: - another fine Gem track

I've been playing it at my desk since Saturday, and I'm one of those people where you have to play it a dozen or so times to decide whether or not I like it or not. So today I was doing work away from my desk, and cranked it up a bit, and tried concentrating more on the music & lyrics (printed out from the web, since there's none included :madspit: ). I'm liking it. I really like Bag It Up. First few songs = :drool:

:up: :up:

Rocky Raccoon guitars in Get Off Your High Horse Lady :drool:

High Horse Lady is a highlight for me, for sure. I was reading an interview today where Noel said that the song has been around for a long time and almost made it onto Heathen Chemistry.

P.S. this album rocks.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is the comeback album they needed in 2000 after the Be Here Now fiasco.

Liam Gallagher has professed his love for the animated Nickelodeon character Spongebob Squarepants in an interview with Q magazine:

“SpongeBob is a fucking mental, full-of-beans, enthusiastic sponge that lives at the bottom of the sea in Bikini Bottom. He’s mad for it,” he told Q Magazine.

“He’s got a mate called Squidward, who plays the clarinet and is grumpy like our kid Noel.”

:love:

Some Might Say "Giants" was sufficient enough....

...not in the USA, though. It was a good album, yes, but so was Be Here Now, and both were so far underneath the band's first two albums that no one cared anymore by SOTSOG, especially when it got mediocre reviews.

I've been listening to it for a week now and I guess it's OK....It's still kind of rubbish compared to everything else they've done. What was with the bullshit that Noel was spraying a few years back saying that they 60-70 album quality tracks ready to record? After that, they put out a cd with 11 tracks....7 or so are garbage. What's the deal?

I've been listening to it for a week now and I guess it's OK....It's still kind of rubbish compared to everything else they've done. What was with the bullshit that Noel was spraying a few years back saying that they 60-70 album quality tracks ready to record? After that, they put out a cd with 11 tracks....7 or so are garbage. What's the deal?

Sort of like U2.... :hmm: Except U2 puts out a cd with 11 tracks where 9 are rubbish, and only do it every 4 years. Oh, and because the Oasis album kicks ass. :shrug:

Does it? I must be listening to a different album then. :shrug:

Coming from you, that's not a surprise.

I can't remember the last time you came into B&C and actually liked a new release.

Haha this is so true! If it's not finding fault with Radiohead, it's Oasis now. Roy, why don't you go back to EYKIW? It's getting tiresome, really. :yawn:

I bought this CD today, btw! :hyper:

Although, Zoots, I'd say I don't feel I've enjoyed a Radiohead album thoroughly since Kid A. But yeah, I think a lot of the U2 police would have fits in B&C.

Haha this is so true! If it's not finding fault with Radiohead, it's Oasis now. Roy, why don't you go back to EYKIW? It's getting tiresome, really. :yawn:

Apologies for not agreeing with your musical preferences. :up:

At least I don't repeat my self ad aduseam when it comes to albums I don't rate. We all know how utterly tiresome that can be..

Apologies for not agreeing with your musical preferences. :up:

At least I don't repeat my self ad aduseam when it comes to albums I don't rate. We all know how utterly tiresome that can be..

This is not about my musical preferences! :huh: You seem to come into B&C mostly only to put down bands that somebody disappointed with recent U2 likes. Clearly I'm not the only one seeing this.

Oh btw El Mel, what the hell were you talking about when the album leaked, that Bag It Up and Soldier On are bad songs?? Do you still think that? :eyebrow: :wink: I like them. Anyway, this album sounds pretty good so far! :hyper:

Oh btw El Mel, what the hell were you talking about when the album leaked, that Bag It Up and Soldier On are bad songs?? Do you still think that? :eyebrow: :wink: I like them. Anyway, this album sounds pretty good so far! :hyper:

I never said they were "bad" songs, just the weakest. Bag It Up in particular isn't so much bad as it is a regression. It sounds exactly like a Oasis stomper should, but that's part of the problem. They've done that before, and so much better. And yeah, Soldier On goes nowhere. Definitely the worst song on the album.

Everything else is good/great.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This is the comeback album they needed in 2000 after the Be Here Now fiasco.

I agree.

This is a pretty solid album from top to bottom. There's a weak track here and there, but that's negligible. The Gallagher Bros. are still a pair of assholes, but at least they put out decent music.

Early favorite: "To Be Where There's Life" - it's like "Go Let It Out"'s cool little brother.

Most people wouldn't.

Don't Believe The Truth was their comeback album, though. This one is just proving it wasn't a fluke.

Yes, DBTT restored my faith in them :up: I still haven't heard the new one yet though :slant: :phail: Ok.. I'm going to find it *right now*

Back
Top Bottom