OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
in an email from Oasis (I'm signed up there somehow)

Limited Edition Boxset

Oasis have also announced that for the first time ever they will be making available a special, fully-loaded limited edition box set of the new album. This amazing looking set contains four heavyweight 12" vinyl discs, two CDs, a DVD and hardback book all housed within an embossed hardback box. In fact this is the only way to get the album and the complete set of all 9 bonus songs, remixes and films that were recorded during the album sessions.

This unique collectors item will be available for purchase exclusively through the band's website, and can be pre-ordered now, for worldwide delivery on release date Oct 6.

"The Shock of the Lightning", the first single to be taken from the band's new album, will be released on September 29th and the album "Dig Out Your Soul" on October 6th both on Big Brother Recordings worldwide.

I'm kinda finding it disappointing...

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. Shock Of The Lightning is overlong and repetitive, while Falling Down is just :shrug:. There may be a subtly new direction being hinted at here, but mostly it's just the same thing as DBTT except I'm not enjoying these songs as much.

I really like it. Given it a few spins today.

This and Falling Down actually remind me of Standing on the Shoulders... era Oasis more than anything. Groovy. Can't wait to hear the rest.

Not to derail this or anything but BVS I just checked out your 'My Music' link.

You got skills, man. :up: Very powerful voice you have there. Haunting sounds. I really like it. Can I be in your band?

:D

Not to derail this or anything but BVS I just checked out your 'My Music' link.

You got skills, man. :up: Very powerful voice you have there. Haunting sounds. I really like it. Can I be in your band?

:D

Thank you... You can either play bass or lead, I'm keeping the drummer's spot open for Meg White.:wink:

The Shock Of The Lightning is sooooooo mint.....a real grower....surprised at how great Liam's vocal is.....thought it was dying on him around DBTT era.

Quite brilliant....this album will probably be quite awesome

The Shock Of The Lightning is sooooooo mint.....a real grower....surprised at how great Liam's vocal is.....thought it was dying on him around DBTT era.

Quite brilliant....this album will probably be quite awesome

Yup, I really like the Shock. Reminds me a little bit of the Hindu Times off of Heathen Chemistry now that I think about it. It's good shit.

I'm all over my heart's desire,
I feel cold but I'm back in the fire,
Out of control but I'm tied up tight,
Come in, come out tonight..

Comin' up in the early morning,
I feel love in the shock of the lightning,
I fall into the blinding light,
Come in, come out, come in, come out tonight..

Love is a time machine,
Up on the silver screen,
It's all in my mind,
Love is a litany,
A magical mystery,
And all in good time, and all in good time,
And all in good time..

I got my feet on the street but I can't stop flyin',
My head is in the clouds but at least I'm tryin',
I'm out of control but I'm tied up tight,
Come in, come out tonight..

There's a hole in the ground into which I'm fallin',
So God's speed to the sound of the poundin',
I'm all into the blinding light,
Come in, come out, come in, come out tonight..

Both new songs get better the more you listen to them. Falling Down is pretty clever, there's a lot of things happening in that song, and TSOTL is the best opening single since Go Let It Out (I'd say it's as least as good).:up:

Couple of new articles if you're interested:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/..._id=1003840703

From NME:

Guitarist says experimental LP is 'not our usual thing'....

Noel Gallagher has said the forthcoming Oasis album, 'Dig Out Your Soul', will see the band taking a newer, less mainstream direction.

Speaking to BBC 6Music, Gallagher explained that he does not expect to hear too many of the new songs on radio because of their more experimental nature.

"It's not Britpop, let's put it that way. It's not our usual thing," he explained. "It's just really exciting, three of the tracks have got two drummers on, me and Zak [Starkey] playing drums. Some of it sounds a bit glam. There's no pop singles on it. I'd be amazed if anything else gets on the radio past the first single."

Gallagher said that the album takes influences from The Stooges, The Doors and The Pretty Things - as well as John Lennon.

"There's a kind of piano-y, John Lennon-y obligatory plod-away song in the middle, which Liam wrote," he said, "and that's to break up the two sides which are pretty intense, and it's full-on from the start to finish."

'Dig Out Your Soul' is released on October 6. It's preceded by a single, 'The Shock Of the Lightning', on September 29

Bag It Up and The Turning sound like they could be really great songs.

I'm not impressed by the new songs yet, but I'm rather glad to hear that the band is moving in a different direction. SOTSOG was fairly experimental, but incredibly inconsistent; let's see if the band can tighten things up with Dig Out Your Soul.

If TSOL and Falling Down remind me of any Oasis album then it's Be Here Now (though that's probably because of the intro to TSOL more than anything else).

This is probably the next cd I'll actually buy the artifact for. Generally I've been using amazon mp3.

Grrrr, Radiohead have a lot to answer for.

Oasis are pursuing this wretched discbox idea now, and not having b-sides.

A bonus disc with alternative mixes and a couple of new tracks is only attainable if you spend 50 English Pounds (about 100 Aussie dollars) on a box featuring CD's, a book and 4 vinyl records, (pointless if you dont have a turntable). This is bollocks. Just release the bonus disc as a deluxe CD edition for 15 English Quid or something.

Anyway Shock Of The Lightning is shockingly perfect.....

Grrrr, Radiohead have a lot to answer for.

Oasis are pursuing this wretched discbox idea now, and not having b-sides.

A bonus disc with alternative mixes and a couple of new tracks is only attainable if you spend 50 English Pounds (about 100 Aussie dollars) on a box featuring CD's, a book and 4 vinyl records, (pointless if you dont have a turntable). This is bollocks. Just release the bonus disc as a deluxe CD edition for 15 English Quid or something.

Anyway Shock Of The Lightning is shockingly perfect.....

I agree. But it always ends up online somewhere anyway in the end, doesn't it?

The video to the new track is quite good but the song is quite same old same old for Oasis.

Heard the live version of another new song "To Be Where There's Life" yesterday, it sounded like another strong track for the new album to me.:up: Also, having had time to let the single sink in, I'd give it a 9/10. It really is a strong tune IMO, much better than Lyla and Hindu Times.

Listening to both tracks now...

Shock of the Lightning sounds awesome! Loving the bass and Liam's vocals especially!

Falling Down is okay. I think this one will be a grower.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom