OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^No way....The Turning is waaaaay better

And Falling Down was already released as a digital single to promote the album, I think.
I'm pissed with the fact that I'm Outta Time only managed to peak at #12 on the U.K. charts. Damn you U.K. :wink:

Falling Down I reckon.....could be mega, though I'm Outta Time should've been massive too.......and wasn't really.

It doesn't matter for me cos I don't usually buy singles anyway unless they're missing from the albums. But I just wanted to add a :drool: for Falling Down and The Turning. :drool:

I cannot believe how underrated this album is in the US. :sad: I don't know about the rest of the world.

I'm pissed with the fact that I'm Outta Time only managed to peak at #12 on the U.K. charts. Damn you U.K. :wink:

I thought it'd do a lot better than it did. I suppose a lot of the Oasis fans who'd usually get it into the Top 3 didn't buy it because of the B-sides. I mean, do we really need 3 versions of the same song especially if we've already bought the album?! They should've put some live versions of Oasis classics on there instead of all the remixes.

^Yeah, I agree with you on that. Oasis is not a band that makes songs that allow all that "remix" stuff that U2 singles usually have. Oasis makes great B-sides and their last two singles are very disappointing b-sidewise.

Well Dig Out Your Soul is probably going to be Oasis's worst selling studio album

I think its done just over 1 million in the 3 months its been out, but thats thanks to a few countries where they still have some power like UK, Italy and Japan

But it has been recieved quite well as its ended up on a few end of year best album lists and despite having 2 poorly charting singles there have been a few positive notes

1)- The Shock of the Lightning is on course to be Oasis' 3rd biggest radio hit ever in the USA behind Wonderwall and Champagne Supernova :up:

The Shock of the Lightning - Spins 26977 (still doing 300 odd per day)
Audience - 127.981 million

2) First time since Be Here Now era that Oasis have had 2 hit singles in France!

3) Selling out a massive tour in Europe- didnt do to bad in the USA either before xmas

4) 7th straight studio album #1 in UK - 4th #1 Album in Italy- 3rd #1 Album in Japan

5) First time since Dont Go Away in 1997 Oasis hit the Billboard Hot 100 as The Shock of The Lightning got to #93. Not a big deal in general but for Oasis fans its great news.

6) 3rd top 5 USA album - Oasis will never be massive in USA. But i cant stand people who say they have done nothing over there. Its a shame as i'm sure americans could appreciate some more Oasis on their radio. Well more than the usual spins for Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova, Live Forever, Dont Look Back in Anger and Lyla.

But....

Dig Out Your Soul still has some life. Still at least one more single minimum and loads more dates on the world tour

I think Oasis will beat their record for their own biggest tour as they will easily play to over 3 million people on the Dig out Your Soul Tour. Dont Believe the Truth was their biggest tour as they played to 2 million people.

With those gigs in Manchester probably...
Well, maybe if Oasis had used I Wanna Live In a Dream In My Record Machine...that looked like somthething that would be big. Of course, The Shock of the Lightning is one of their best singles ever and even so it wasn't able to top the charts. :down: What a waste.

And by the way, 1 million is somethng really good these days. But Dig Out deserved as much as Morning Glory

I feel like I have completely missed the ball on seeing Oasis live. Will their next album even be big enough here for them to tour so that I can see them for the first fucking time? :( :grumpy:

I feel like I have completely missed the ball on seeing Oasis live. Will their next album even be big enough here for them to tour so that I can see them for the first fucking time? :( :grumpy:

Where is here? ^^^

They will return to the USA for sure

Cant believe no AUSSIE dates have been announced so far
Oasis and their marketing in AUS and NZ is dead - no 2nd and 3rd singles are ever released there any more

They should be huge there but Liam finished them off in 1997 with his antics

They will tour for sure as Noel says that where the money is made these days- i'm disappointed they dont care about sales any more. A better marketing strategy worldwide such as making sure singles are released to as many countries through sales and airplay is a minimum.

They usually do South American and Far East dates as well

Oasis never playing NYC again? Hahahahahaha

Oasis off to conquer China as well!

Beijing
Shanghai
Hong Kong

Oasis Rock China

23 January 2009
Oasis are excited to announce their first-ever shows in China as part of their current world tour, playing shows in both Beijing and Shanghai. This is in addition to their previously announced show in Hong Kong on 7th April.

The full details of the tour in China are:

April 3rd, 2009 - Beijing Capital Gym
April 5th, 2009 - Shangai Grand Stage
April 7th, 2009 - Hong Kong AsiaWorld Arena

Tickets for Beijing and Shanghai go on sale on Thursday 5th February at 9:00am (local time) via Ticketmaster, Ticketmaster Box-Offices and 400-707-9999.

Tickets for the date in Hong Kong are on sale now through www.hkticketing.com or (+852) 31 288 288 (General Bookings) / (+852) 2629 6240 (Corporate Bookings)

i dont know whats happening with south america and oceania

they have the 2nd half of april and all may free, but i think they will do more Asian dates and are rumoured to go to the usa in may

that means south america and AUS/NZ might see oasis in sep as in aug they are doing european festivals and maybe another stint in the usa

this is bad for those regions where they have not played but they must be making loads of money on this tour
and they will play to their biggest total crowd as their records is 2.2 million for DBTT which they will easily smash as they have 1 million in UK alone

crap! :mad: the biggest newspaper of Brazil made a interview with Noel and Liam, and they said that they'd be here in March... :| shit. well who knows? i just have to wait... :huh: it's like wait for U2 come back in 2010 :doh::doh:

they finish europe on march 4th then go to japan on march 18th

is that gap enough time to fit in 2 brazlian, 2 argentinian, 1 chile and 1 venezuela?
Unless they do 1 massive show in each country

their schedule is rediculous - they will be sick of tourig after this album, but there is too much money involved these days!

Yes 20th June they play Slane Castle but that has sold out
100,000 tickets went in no time

they will come to South America - they have some fans out there!

You might just have to wait till later in 2009

I hope they ease on the touring and release more albums!

I should boycott Oasis until they decide to release I Wanna Live In a Dream In My Record Machine officialy :wink:

Back
Top Bottom