OASIS Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMelon said:

Yeah, you're right in that it is a pretty long list. Part of what ruined BHN in the first place was its ridiculous length.

If you move those three, remove Little James and maybe Where Did It All Go Wrong, and you'd have a very good album in SOTSOG, which I think has some truly fantastic moments as it is.

Add those three, remove Little James and Where Did It All Go Wrong (make THEM the b-sides), like you suggested, and then add Full On and Let's All Make Believe and you've got one of Oasis' best albums.

By the way, I love Familiar To Millions. :drool: The banter is hilarious, the song choices are great, and Noel really lets loose on guitar. The only con of the album is Liam's vocals, which are incredibly scratchy.

I like Where Did It All Go Wrong?

If anything, get rid of Little James and Roll It Over, then add those 3 songs in.

Go Let It Out is vastly underrated.

I recall Liam saying on TRL that he wrote Little James in three minutes. I know he's full of shit, but it makes a lot of sense.

Definitely.

Actually, if you mash the best halves of Be Here Now and SOTSOG, you've got a great album.

Fun fact: Liam got married on the 14th.

I can't help but suspect this will negatively affect the music. Marriage + rock = epic fail most of the time.

Yeah I find Oasis highly enjoyable. Not one of my big favourites, and I think that their first two albums are way overpraised, but they sure know their way around a perfect sing-along. Plus the Gallagher brothers are the interview gold, even when they bag the bands I like, :lol:

LemonMelon said:
3 great albums (Definitely Maybe, Morning Glory, Don't Believe The Truth). The rest? Not so great. :slant:
I have to agree, and I'm a diehard fan. I'd take their mediocre albums over a lot of stuff that's out there though.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I like Where Did It All Go Wrong?

If anything, get rid of Little James and Roll It Over, then add those 3 songs in.

Go Let It Out is vastly underrated.

I love Roll It Over. *shrugs* Maybe they could have just omitted Little James and added the ones from Be Here Now that we previously mentioned and save Full On and Let's All Make Believe for HC.

What a coincidence! I've been listening to them a lot lately! It had been a long while since I last did. Their last album, Don't Believe The Truuth, is really great amd one of their best I think! I always thought that Heathen Chemestry was shit but I've heard it all again and I must say I was wrong, there's some awesome songs there. It's a beautiful album. Little By Little, Songbird, All In The Mind are all pretty great songs. My favorite album I think is Standing on The Shouder Of Giants. Great songwritting and equal great production there. My least favorite is Be Here Now, not really that great songwritting but some interesting stuff nonetheless.

I very much appreciate them and I heard that they have all new tracks for a new album written. I just hope they are equally good or hopefully better than Don't Believe The Truth.

I downloaded their show from Argentina last time they were around here and was a bit disappointed with Liam's voice and Noel's two new songs (perhaps my two favorite tracks from the last album). Liam's voice was shit (even though it seemed like he tried his best to give a good performance) and Noel's new songs lost a lot of the melodic definition and passionate playing from the album. A lot of other songs were great though, like Layla, Bring It On Down, Morning Glory and Champagne Supernova.

Another great tune off of Standing on the Shoulders of Giants is Sunday Morning Call. And yes, Go Let It Out is vastly underrated. Noel actually said in an interview that song is the closest the band got to sounding like the Beatles.

And if you're ever bored, youtube some Noel interviews. No one, and I mean no one, gives an interview like that man. He is fuckin hilarious...

Acquiesce, a real masterpiece ... the only song that I would love to play live... or sometimes I daydream about U2 playing it..

picture The Edge

:edge:: "Cause we neeeeeeed each other, we believeeeeeeeeee in one another... and I know weeeeeeeeee're going to uncover.. what's sleeping in our souls.... sleeping in our sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooullllls"

:drool:

Seeing them live in the summer of '05 was a riot. There was a strange sense of gratitude in the way that Noel constantly ridiculed the crowd.

I listened to The Masterplan today. :drool: My, how could they have kept those brilliant songs as b-sides? They're all 10 times better than anything on Be Here Now. Acquiesce, Talk Tonight, Stay Young :combust:

COBL_04 said:
A few goos songs. But listening to his vocals are like someone's rubbing a cheese grater on a blackboard.

That's actually one of my favorite things about Oasis... Liam's voice carries so much swagger and attitude and is very unique

Who Feels Love? should not be overlooked as well, another corker off SOTSOG.

A few other awesome B-Sides : Shout It Out Loud, Pass Me Down The Wine, Flashbax.

Amazing band.....

Anyone got a zip file of all the Oasis b-sides that aren't on The Masterplan to share? :wink:

Cant stand Oasis but i like Rock n roll star and adore what they have done with My Generation live.

Back
Top Bottom