New Weezer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite bit of all of this is that the title Raditude came from none other than Rainn Wilson of The Office.

:sad: Dammit, this isn't terrible. It's just mediocre. :angry:

Well, alright, that's not entirely true. PARTS of it are terrible. The Tripping Down The Highway/Love Is The Answer/Let It All Hang Out run is absolutely horrific. Every bit as awful as I imagined. Unfortunately, I Want You To and Put Me Back Together balanced the album out by being pretty decent.

1. Blue (A+)
2. Pinkerton (A)
3. Maladroit (B+)
4. Green (B-)
5. Red (C+)
6. Raditude (C)
7. Make Believe (D+)

Make Believe probably isn't their worst, but it's simply boring. And that's unacceptable.

Damnit, I was hoping for something better than Red. Regardless, I'll still pick it up.

It's more dull than Red, not necessarily worse. Despite the titles, the lyrics are actually a few notches up over the shitfest that was Red's lyric sheet, and the riffs and melodies are typically strong. But yeah, Red was a more fun listen for me.

I still think Troublemaker was far more ridiculous than anything on Raditude. The only song on this that makes me laugh out loud is Let It All Hang Out. It's only slightly less braindead than Everybody Get Dangerous. I kinda love Red in a way. It's laughably bad, but at least we can all laugh about it. Plus, Pork And Beans alone places it above Raditude.

That Popmatters review is amazing BTW. Absolutely dead on.

I'm liking it more than either Make Believe or Red at this point. Nothing ultra memorable from it for now, but at least it's not the roller coaster ride of good and terrible like the last two were for me.

FYI, Weezer is on Jimmy Kimmel tonight, Conan Tuesday night, and Carson Daly on Thursday.

Somehow I totally missed that Weezer released a Christmas EP last year. Listening now.

Memories is great. The rest is considerably less offensive than Raditude, so that's good.

Why they have settled on being a dumbass frat rock band when they sold more records offering a disarming, fractured view of modern society is anyone's guess.

The Red Album SUCKED and based on these mixed reviews I am hesitate to buy their new album. What a shame they were onced a great band. In the the 90's they were on the top of their game. With the release Maladriot they went downhill. :(

Memories is great. The rest is considerably less offensive than Raditude, so that's good.

I think I like Hurley more than than anything they've done since Green or Maladroit. It's still pretty much entirely disposable, but it's not as frustrating to listen to as a number of things they've released in the last number of years.

Back
Top Bottom