New Tonic album on May 4th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShipOfFools

War Child
For those that remember them, this is the band that had hits like "If You Could Only See," "Lemon Parade," "Head On Straight," "You Wanted More," "Thick", and others.

Well, nearly 8 years after their last album, Tonic is releasing their 4th studio album on May 4th. It's simply called...Tonic. And the new single is kickass, quite possibly one of their best songs.

Tonic was my favorite band in high school, so I'm really excited that they're back. Hopefully they stay together long enough to put out a 5th studio album.

Oh, and it's the original band (that was on the first three albums.)

I always liked that "If You Could Only See" song, but have never heard anything else of theirs.

Check out "Lemon Parade," Cori. It's their first album, and the album that song is from. The whole album is a rock classic, it's a mixture of 90's alt rock and 70's classic rock.

Their second album, "Sugar", is also really good. It's actually my personal favorite, some gorgeous melodies on that one.

"Head On Straight," their third album, is probably their most 'polished' album, and most of the songs are about love. But it's still a great album.

If you want to hear what the fourth album is going to sound like, their new single is available for free to download from their website. Go to tonic-online.com, and enter in your email address in the box. You'll get a link in your email to the downloadable mp3. It's a good song. :up:

And somewhere in your bookmarks collection you have Lemonparty?

So I'm playing the new Tonic album. Downloaded it at midnight (I had it preordered from Itunes), and I'm on my third listen.

First impressions: this is a grower, but might possibly be Tonic's best album yet. It doesn't really pull you in like the other albums, but once you 'get it,' you can't stop listening to it. I've often felt that some of the best albums I have in my record collection are like that, such as Relayer by Yes, Selling England By The Pound by Genesis, The Unforgettable Fire by U2, and so on.

Is this album worth waiting 8 years for? My answer is no, but it's still an extraordinary album. You hear traces of Lemon Parade (the album) in a few songs, traces of Sugar (the album), and traces of Head On Straight (the album.) And yet, this is a new direction for Tonic. I don't know how to describe it, other than stripped down acoustic rock.

Overall, I'm really pleased with it. :)

Was wondering where these lads went to, only know them by about 5 or 6 singles, all
of which are brilliant, and ""Casual Affair" is a
quality song as well... Will download the free single I'm thinking...

lol, for a second I was thinking, "Are these the guys with that lame "Breakdown" song?" No. Tantric = Breakdown. Haven't listened to Tonic, perhaps I'll check 'em out in a bit...

lol, for a second I was thinking, "Are these the guys with that lame "Breakdown" song?" No. Tantric = Breakdown. Haven't listened to Tonic, perhaps I'll check 'em out in a bit...

You really should. They're just as good as U2 ever was.

Back
Top Bottom