New SFA Record in March/April!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nope. One or two shows in NYC was it. And, yes, thank fuck that we don't live in so creatively and artistically deprived a world as one in which a record by The National is the single best piece of music released in a calendar year.

Just wanted to drop in and let any interested parties know that the band has not broken up, in spite of reports to the contrary. Gruff himself has confirmed that all is well.

The video kind of cracked me up, but it looked awesome. The song was pretty great too. I've been slowly finding my way into SFA's music, so this might be worth checking out as well (sounds like it at any rate.)

Been streaming for quite some time. Best record I've heard, this year. But the year is a little bit young, at this point.

Looking forward to the forthcoming, yet-to-be-announced US tour, too! And a US album release, too, for the first time in a while!

I like Love Kraft; I just don't love it. A mere 7/10. Of course, the records don't actually sound particularly similar, so there's always that.

"Patterns of Power" sounds like a Radiator-era b-side, I'll give you that.

Anyway, who cares? Isn't it great?

Not sure what to make of Love Kraft being "classic pop," either. Maybe we've been listening to different albums. Or at least one of us has been mishearing the shit out of the same one.

Not sure what to make of Love Kraft being "classic pop," either. Maybe we've been listening to different albums. Or at least one of us has been mishearing the shit out of the same one.

When I say "classic" I mean in the grand sense, that big Brian Wilson sense. And it's certainly not as out there as Rings, Guerilla, or Dark Days.

This sounds to me more like Hey Venus, slowed down a couple notches. It's also absolutely awesome, best pure pop album of the year so far. Dark Days being terrific + Hotel Shampoo = SFA back on top, for sure.

At the Heart of Love is my favorite so far, I think. Patterns of Power slipped by me. Those are the highs and lows of a consistently great collection of pop songs.

"Honey All Over" was written for Britney Spears, at the request of her management. But it didn't work out, and Gruff kept it for himself.

That's hilarious.

I seem to be out-of-step with you guys, as I don't feel that SFA have put out a less-than-fantastic album since the first one. I loved Phantom Power, Love Kraft, and Hey Venus.

And Dark Days is probably my least favorite of all the ones from the last decade.

:shrug:

My list of possible favorite SFA albums now has a laughable number of albums on it: Fuzzy Logic, Radiator, Guerrilla, Mwng, Rings Around the World, Hey Venus!, and Dark Days/Light Years. And, again, I really like both Phantom Power and Love Kraft; I just think that they're too long.

And don't even get me started on Gruff's solo records or Neon Neon. The Peth wasn't anything special, and I'm not really that big on the Acid Casuals stuff, but Ffa Coffi Pawb was also fuckin' amazing.

Yeah, I don't know what it is. I like pretty much every song on the record, but it always starts to overstay its welcome, about 2/3 of the way through. "Slow Life" saves the day, but the record definitely drags. Same thing, for me, with Love Kraft. I get antsy, trying to listen to it in one sitting.

Back
Top Bottom