New SFA Record in March/April!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
QB ratings aren't all that. And neither is Eli Manning. In fact, he's been generally terrible, and played largely like shit, in that Superbowl. Luck goes a long way, though, and I'm happy as a pig in shit that he got as lucky as he did. Oh, man...I really couldn't have been any happier. Not possible.

Eli is overrated and underrated at the same time, if that makes sense. Same with Big Ben. QB ratings are insane, and I mean insane in a bad way.

Jim Zorn 4 LYFE ELMEL.

SFA, wonder if they like futbol, and if so, which club they support.

Also, you might do well to check out Gruff's solo work, if Mwng winds up rubbing you the right way. I think that most of us fuzzy logicians tend to rate Candylion, his most recent release, pretty low. His debut solo record is fucking magnificent, though, and very much in the vein of Mwng (I'd actually say that it's considerably better than the SFA Welsh-a-thon). It's Yr Atal Genhedlaeth, and it's awesome. Very, very, very strong record.

I'd say the same thing about Roethlisberger as I said about Manning, personally. Guy can take a sack pretty good, though! He's the best I've seen in some time, in that respect.

Regarding the futbol...

YouTube - SUPER FURRY ANIMALS - Play It Cool

Ben >>>>> Eli

And, as ElMel can attest to, while the Steelers are clearly my favorite, I happen to have a strong affinity for Big Blue as well. Still, Ben's first five years in the league have seen him do great things.

Just for the record, NSW: Dave Newfeld produced Hey Venus!. He's the same dude who hooked up a certain group of kids from Cardiff with the searing sonics of Sticking Fingers into Sockets, Hold On Now, Youngster..., and "The International TWEEXCORE Underground." Consider yourself warned. That album's got some kick and some depth and some real variety to it, at the same time.

Okay, here's a batting order:

1) Rings Around the Motherfucking World
2) Songbook (really, this is the way to go)
3) Phantom Power
4) Hey Venus!
5) Mwng
6) Guerrilla
7) Radiator
8) Fuzzy Logic
9) Love Kraft

Out Spaced is a ballin' collection of b-sides ("Guacamole," "Don't Be a Fool, Billy," "Smokin'," etc.) and shit, but you can get "The Man Don't Give a Fuck" on Songbook.

Wow. We really disagree on Love Kraft.

How're people coming, in listening to the back catalogue/getting excited about a new record in just a few weeks? That stupid U2 record is distracting people from the real action...! :wink:

In other news...holy fucking shit, is Fuzzy Logic a winner. Every single is better-than-perfect, and the rest of the record's no slouch! This record's not perfect, but for a hurried debut, it sure does kick some ass.

I wish that I could hang with Howard Marks...

Okay, one more time...how are people coming along, in trying out the vast SFA back catalogue? Anybody?

I listened to the Tradewinds EP, today, and them shits is a damned winner. It works both as a wonderful accompaniment to Rings Around the Motherfucking World and as a standalone release. Even as an EP, it trumps the efforts of most (of even my favorite) bands. Genius!

Anyway, let's hear the updates. Last I heard, NSW was digging into Songbook and then possibly Rings...?

Oh, and I stumbled across this, today:

YouTube - Gruff Rhys-GWN MI WN-Fyw! Sherman2000+5

The video takes a while to get going, but once it does, you should get a pretty good idea of why I so desperately love Yr Atal Genhedlaeth. God, I wish that I were as cool as Gruff Rhys.

New Album Footage

Super Furry Animals are never ones to stay still creatively, and with their forthcoming (currently untitled) 9th studio album they have decided to document the process on 4 individual hand held cameras. But this will be no ordinary 'the making of the album' story; it's a series of Warhol like observations, of a band putting the finishing touches to songs, a celebration of the banal nature of the mixing process. Whole chunks of time seem to vanish at twice the speed over a slow game of darts or the making of a cup of tea as a song is played on repeat 26 times on the mixing console.

Inspired by Mike Figgis's ground breaking film 'Time Code' the episodes will be released in 21 individual episodes starting on the 23rd February, 8p.m.GMT through the bands own website.

'Ah! Greetings friends, join us for the next few weeks as we finish up our new album for your ears. We have borrowed 4 video cameras from friends and family and we will document events as they unfold, hopefully with as little drama as possible.' The Film Council of SFA.

Official site - Super Furry Animals

Myspace - Super Furry Animals on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

God, Radiator is superb.

Also, I'm pumped about the new album and am anxiously awaiting a leak.

That is all for now.

Holy shit...the dog in the Day 7 update is so cute that I nearly shat myself. Did anybody else see him mugging for a close-up? He thought he was people!!!

I am not 100% on this, but rumblings indicate that the LP is going to be called...

Dark Days/Light Years

My level of stokery has just increased tenfold.

:rockon: Sounds like a bad-ass name to me!

I listened to Fuzzy Logic for the first time over the weekend, and I absolutely loved it!! I can't wait to hear this new one too. :up:

Also, "Inaugural Trams" has been cleared for radio play. Already got spun on the ol' BBC. Anybody care to discuss?

The new song sounds great, though it also sounds a lot less like SFA than Neon Neon. Heavy on the synths and loping beats/melodies. Lots of filtered, '80-style vocals and those weird overdubbed vocal/sound effect asides which comment/play on the song, while it's going, which the band and Gruff have been quite fond of, since Rings Around the Motherfucking World. See "Sidewalk Serfer Girl" and "I Told Her on Alderaan," should you demand examples. It also features a German rap by one of the dudes in Franz Ferdinand (Nick McCarthy). You can dl it for free, from the band's website: Super Furry Animals

Also, here is a reminder, regarding tomorrow's album release. Check it. Straight from the band's website.

Gig webcast

At 8pm GMT on March 16th log onto this site to see a gig webcast - its the first airing of the new album, Dark days/Light Years and you'll be able to see the band playing the new album in its entirety

Anybody too lazy/stupid to use Google, here's a nice tool to see where/when you'll be, at 8:00 PM, GMT, should you want to watch it live.

Time Zone Check

Okay, then. Nobody has any excuse not to tune in, tomorrow! Jesus, I can't wait. I am having an "SFA OK SUARÈ," with a couple of friends, once everybody's home from work. We will celebrate all things super, furry, and animalistic...and then we'll watch Steve-O, on Dancing With the Stars. Sigh. Really, I cannot wait.

Wow. Thanks for all the great information.
I think also the album is available for digital download tomorrow after the broadcast. I will be tuned in.:hyper:

Yeah, available for digital download and LP/CD pre-order, at 8:00 PM GMT, tomorrow. Word to your Sasquatch.

Sweet.
Just listened to Hey Venus! last night in anticipation.
New song sounds good. They must be on an 80's trip right now. At least with this new song.

Back
Top Bottom