New Peter, Bjorn and John

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally listened to this. Pretty interesting direction, sounds like they're channeling hip hop/dance beats instead of dream pop/shoegaze this time around. I do hope this isn't the lead single though...

Wichita Recordings : Peter Bjorn & John Announce “Living Thing”

Wichita will release Living Thing, the next PB&J album, in the UK on March 30; U.S. release details are expected shortly.

TRACKLISTING:
1) The Feeling
2) It Don’t Move Me
3) Just the Past
4) Nothing to Worry About
5) I’m Losing My Mind
6) Living Thing
7) I Want You!
8) Lay It Down
9) Stay This Way
10) Blue Period Picasso
11) 4 Out Of 5
12) Last Night

Sounds like the Kanye song really is the lead single... :huh:

They played as his back up band for a show, and he's been quite vocal about how much he likes them, so it's not too surprising that they'd send him something before officially releasing it. Plus, letting Kanye "leak" it through his blog gives them more exposure than giving it to their label or one of the normal music sites. Makes sense to me. I agree that Kanye is awesome (musically, personally he's a douchetard).

I'm just worried that if this is the lead single, the rest of the album may not be all that promising, as I would have ranked this as one of the weakest tracks had it been on the last album...

148653.livingthing525.jpg

umm, listened to the new single...too hip hopish for my indie rock tastes...and I used to be fan of their music. I Will stick to older albums

elevated_u2_fan, you shouldnt have been allowed to change your avatar. It gave everything your wrote a built in dry wit, which i quite enjoyed.

and on topic, the new single is catchy, but i can see that wearing off really quickly. I'm already a little annoyed thinking about it right now

Scumbo, I see that you purchased this one yesterday, what is your opinion so far?

Between the new computer and new GOW2 maps, I was too busy with other things and only listened to a couple songs. I'll let you all know what I think when I hear it.j

It was only $9.99 at Best Buy this week though, which is nice.

I'm really liking the title track from the new album, 'Living Thing'.

I haven't listened to the album again since my first time through, but that's the one track that's stuck with me. Fun stuff.

Back
Top Bottom