New Mute Math album in the works

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WTF as in unexpected and out of place, and taking up the time other songs should have been granted.

Kind of disappointing that they aren't still playing Peculiar People. That track kicks ass.

Their live show is incredible. Drummer throws his bass drum out into the crowd. Crowd holds it up. Drummer jumps into the crowd, body surfs to his bass drum, climbs on top of bass drum, stands up on top of it, grabs light scaffolding above him, plays bass drum with his feet.

Saw them tonight.

01. The Nerve
02. Backfire
03. Chaos
04. Clipping
05. No Response
06. Plan B
07. Stare At The Sun/Obsolete
08. Electrify
09. Armistice
10. Odds
11. Noticed
12. Typical
13. Burden

Encore

14. Pins and Needles
15. Spotlight
16. Reset
17. Break The Same

Pins and Needles was my only WTF moment. Reset/Break The Same was rad, because really it was Reset/Break The Same/Reset. It was continuous and ended with Reset's drum solo.

IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO SEE THEM ON THIS TOUR, DO IT.

Just talked to my friend who is all over the new album and also going tomorrow night. I told him I saw the setlist (here, of course) and he said "do they do Clipping?". His fave track from the album. I checked and said yes. Then he said, "how bout Pins & Needles". I laughed to myself, cuz I remembered the WTF comment here :).
He's really into that one also.

I'm really psyched for Reset/Break the Same :hyper: . Gotta get up at 4AM tomorrow for work, hopefully be off by 6PM. Then make the hour trip into downtown and be there in time to get up close. I'm gonna be toast by the end of this show :D

Thanks for the review Tourist.

Just talked to my friend who is all over the new album and also going tomorrow night. I told him I saw the setlist (here, of course) and he said "do they do Clipping?". His fave track from the album. I checked and said yes. Then he said, "how bout Pins & Needles". I laughed to myself, cuz I remembered the WTF comment here :).
He's really into that one also.

I'm really psyched for Reset/Break the Same :hyper: . Gotta get up at 4AM tomorrow for work, hopefully be off by 6PM. Then make the hour trip into downtown and be there in time to get up close. I'm gonna be toast by the end of this show :D

Thanks for the review Tourist.

No problemo. Hope they put on as good a show for you as they did for me!

Another great show from Mute Math. Played a tad under two hours. Can't find a setlist, I'm guessing they played most of the new album. Probably the same as Tourists list. From the first album: Typical, Chaos, Stare at the Sun/Obsolete, Noticed, Plan B, Reset/Break the Same, You Are Mine. Unlike Porcupine Tree, made good use of the nice light system at the Nokia.

Phanan, if they are gonna be around your area in November, I would recommend seeing them this time.

Can't really figure out why these guys are flying under the radar. Anyways, I really liked the new stuff though I'm not familiar with it (will be getting Armistice now :) ).

Sound is a bit rough, found this on youtube:

YouTube - Mutemath - Stare at the Sun / Obsolete (live @ Club Nokia)

I saw them Tues. night at the House of Blues Vegas. Great show, aside from the acoustics not being ideal. Some songs on Armistice I didn't care for on the CD sounded better live. One of my faves from the new album is No Response and they opened with it. You are Mine was beautiful..Stare at the Sun equally. They have amazing energy, finished off the night with Reset. Brilliant piece. I think they will gain in popularity and be around awhile. Satellite radio has been playing Electrify. I guess it's a catchy radio tune..not my fave. But they are a great live band :up:

Just got back from a great night with these guys. It's good to see that their growth has led to better stage/lighting that is "worthy" of and contributes to the energetic musical spectacle that they put on.

1. The Nerve
2. Backfire
3. Chaos
4. Clipping
5. No Response
6. Control
7. Stare/Obsolete
8. Goodbye
9. Armistice
10. You Are Mine
11. Odds
12. Noticed
13. Typical
14. Burden

15. Pins and Needles
16. Spotlight
17. Reset
18. Break the Same

Well, if it makes you feel better, Goodbye was noticeably weaker than the album. Paul backed off the vocals during the chorus. He's going to have to rely on the crowd for that high "SAY! goodbye" note in the future, I'm afraid. I would have traded it for Plan B...

But Burden was definitely a show builder! :D

OK, so I'm late to the party, but I'm a convert. I've seen their name for years but never heard them until this week.

Huge :up:.

Awesome. I always suspected a heavy U2 influence but didn't have proof of it. And I thought I had heard all of the studio-produced material that was out there. Thanks for putting this on.

Cool cover. "40" is a U2 song that I rarely think about or listen to, but it kicks ass. Pretty classic album/concert closer.

New album is done, Greg bowed out on guitar following their last tour, they're looking forward to announcing the new album and replacement guitarist soon:

MUTEMATH ALBUM 3 UPDATE

I love how this band takes the time to keep its fans in the loop themselves, rather than vague press releases by hired goons, U2 could learn from them.

That's too bad about the guitarist leaving. That said, he was the weakest member and on album number two, I felt his contributions seriously lacking.

Back
Top Bottom