New Interpol!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lights sounds like TOTBL, and that's probably the best thing I can say about it. The atmosphere is there, the outro slays, and there aren't any moronic lyrics that stand out (always a flaw in their music), but the song could use a lot of editing and the melody is unmemorable. Basically, it's a good enough song, but a horrendous single.

Also, I too appreciate Antics and would recommend it. The singles are especially strong.

I haven't read anywhere that Lights is indeed going to be the single, and I doubt it will be. Kind of similar to what Doves did, when they released Jetstream as a free download, but it wasn't the official first single.

Hmm, interesting song title in light :)hyper:) of all the criticism Editors (who also have a song called Lights) receive for their similarities to Interpol. Just a thought that came to mind.

I thought it was a fairly obvious reference to the first album.

It seems like a fairly calculated release to throw one of their longer, sprawling, early-workish type tracks out there in advance of the album after losing a number of fans with Our Love to Admire.

Listening to it now for the third time. It has a nice build-up but it only starts getting interesting after about three minutes.

non-TOTBL Interpol songs that would be worth knowing in readiness for the U2 gigs would be Evil, Slow Hands, Heinrich Maneuver and Lights...

Loving this tune, reminds me of some of something like Games For Days off Banksy's solo album.

Adore this band...

Carlos D has left the band. So much for our trick-or-treating date this month.

non-TOTBL Interpol songs that would be worth knowing in readiness for the U2 gigs would be Evil, Slow Hands, Heinrich Maneuver and Lights...

Loving this tune, reminds me of some of something like Games For Days off Banksy's solo album.

Adore this band...

Narc has long been my favourite.

Pretty lame move on his part in my opinion, but whatevs. I'm sort of assuming that he'll fail at making movies for a few years, and decide to join the band again.

Do you think they'll just find someone new to swap in for the time being? I wonder if that would affect their slots opening for U2.

Do you think they'll just find someone new to swap in for the time being? I wonder if that would affect their slots opening for U2.

In the announcement, they already said they have "exciting replacements lined up" or something like that, so nothing should be changed tour wise.

Yeah, I doubt this would affect their U2 opener status. You would think that it would be a bit of a dream job to open for U2, and a great opportunity for exposure - even for a band that is already pretty well established like Interpol. It'd be hard to give that up.

Who doesn't want to tour underneath a giant, glowing crab and eat caviar with the likes of Adam Clayton and Bishop Desmond Tuutu?

I guess my question should have been more or a general "will they carry on without him," but clearly I was just too lazy to read the announcement for myself.

I'm having trouble even accessing INTERPOL. The site seems to be down. How is it for everyone else? I tried to click on the link in email I received from the Interpol official site, but it wouldn't work because the site seems down.

Cool story, bro.

I don't understand what the "cool story" is. Is the site working for any of you or not?

I had to pull up the tourdates from Pitchfork and I don't know how they got access if I can't:

Interpol:

06-21 Rochester, NY - Water Street Music Hall
06-22 Buffalo, NY - Town Ballroom
06-23 Pittsburgh, PA - Mr. Small's Theatre
06-25 Allentown, PA - Crocodile Rock Cafe
06-27 Minneapolis, MN - TCF Bank Stadium *
06-28 Des Moines, IA - People's Court
06-30 East Lansing, MI - Spartan Stadium *
07-01 Cincinnati, OH - Bogart's
07-02 Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
07-03 Toronto, Ontario - Rogers Centre *
07-05 Columbia, MO - Blue Note
07-06 Chicago, IL - Soldier Field *
07-08 Athens, GA - 40 Watt Club
07-09 Miami, FL - Land Shark Stadium *
07-10 Charleston, SC - The Music Farm
07-12 Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field *
07-14 Baltimore, MD - Ram's Head Live
07-16-17 Montreal, Quebec - Montreal Hippodrome *
07-19 New York, NY - New Meadowlands Stadium *
07-20 Providence, RI - Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
07-21 New Haven, CT - Toad's Place
07-23 Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights
07-24 Lancaster, PA - Chameleon
09-18 Paris, France - Stade De France *
09-22-23 Brussels, Belgium - Stade Roi Boudoin *
09-26 San Sebastian, Spain - Anoeta Stadium *
09-29 Seville, Spain - Olympic Stadium *
10-02-03 Coimbra, Portugal - Estadio Cidade Coimbra *
10-08 Rome, Italy - Olympic Stadium *

* with U2

You mad, bro?

I'm not mad. I'm just confused at your answer. I was frustrated at the time that no one could just tell me if the site was working or not, but, luckily Craig and The Cure fan site Chain of Flowers told me it is working in the US. I contacted my internet cable company and they couldn't get the site, either, so it's probably a Toronto-wide problem and maybe even a Canada wide issue. I've contacted Interpol on facebook and myspace, but no response so far.

Back
Top Bottom