New Interpol!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's growing on me with each listen. Definitely pleased with it.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using U2 Interference mobile app

Best since Antics. Not enough highlights to top that album, but it's consistently very enjoyable. All the Rage Back Home is probably the best track.

So now we're not allowed to listen to official steams either? Should I start filing paperwork with you before I post my opinions as well? Wouldn't want to have a conversation before it's due time.

Yes, please follow these rules:

1. Do what I say
2. Don't do things I didn't say to do
3. Don't have opinions and preferences that differ from mine
4. Make katsudon
5. Say hello to the angels

You did not follow rules 1 & 2, but I'll allow it.

There are a couple decent places nearby that make a few good "cooked" Japanese dishes. One place does a katsu curry that is flat out fantastic. I've been wanting to eat there for like two months, and now I'm thinking about it again because Japanese food was mentioned.

For some reason I have been thinking this album comes out next Tuesday for weeks. I am not happy to realize it's the 9th.

I promise that next time I will make Katsudon.

If it makes you feel any better, I burned the hell out of it this time around :'(.

There's actually a Japanese BBQ place here. And I do mean Japanese BBQ. Like cook it yourself at your table. I couldn't believe it. Travis is taking me there for my birthday next week, I am uber excited. Haven't had that shiz in almost 10 years.

You did not follow rules 1 & 2, but I'll allow it.

There are a couple decent places nearby that make a few good "cooked" Japanese dishes. One place does a katsu curry that is flat out fantastic. I've been wanting to eat there for like two months, and now I'm thinking about it again because Japanese food was mentioned.

I bet it's all the rage back home.

I
There's actually a Japanese BBQ place here. And I do mean Japanese BBQ. Like cook it yourself at your table. I couldn't believe it. Travis is taking me there for my birthday next week, I am uber excited. Haven't had that shiz in almost 10 years.

I am jealous, I had no idea that had those types of places in the US.

I bet it's all the rage back home.

jeremiah_johnson_nodding.gif

I am jealous, I had no idea that had those types of places in the US.

Neither did I. Unsurprisingly, most of the negative reviews for the place on Yelp are from people who are baffled at the idea that they had to make their own food.

I liked it. All the Rage Back Home towers over the rest for me, but thought Ancient Ways and Tidal Wave were really good too. Didn't seem to be any bad songs, but the nature of their music means it all runs together a little bit. My Blue Supreme was a new-ish sort of sound, too.

I saw them last night. Short set, but pretty good.

Untitled
Leif Erikson
Length of Love
My Desire
Hands Away
Narc
Lights
All the Rage Back Home
Take You on a Cruise
The Lighthouse
Same Town, New Story
Not Even Jail
Say Hello to the Angels

NYC

The venue - the Temple of Dendur - was stunning.

5n7vjc.jpg

Woah. That's a much better setlist than what they have been playing lately. Untitled is a must!

Yes, apparently they hadn't played Untitled in a few years. Very happy to hear it. A bit disappointed at the lack of PDA (it was originally in the setlist, but got dropped).

By the way, Paul's voice was incredibly different live. Definitely more nasal, less baritone. Not sure if he had a cold or something, but it stuck out.

By the way, Paul's voice was incredibly different live. Definitely more nasal, less baritone. Not sure if he had a cold or something, but it stuck out.

Was that you first Interpol gig? I've noticed the same thing the couple of times that I've seen them live. I don't know how I feel about it - I still thoroughly enjoy them live.

Interestingly, there really feels to be a lot more hype and promo activity for the new album than the last one. Record company is really giving it every chance of high sales. NME are really giving them huge exposure,

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

He's much more nasal on the newer records as well. When you compare it with Turn on the Bright Lights, the difference is very noticeable. Live it's even worse, yeah.

I've seen them touring in support of every album but the last, and never thought there was a noticeable difference personally.

Was that you first Interpol gig? I've noticed the same thing the couple of times that I've seen them live. I don't know how I feel about it - I still thoroughly enjoy them live.

Interestingly, there really feels to be a lot more hype and promo activity for the new album than the last one. Record company is really giving it every chance of high sales. NME are really giving them huge exposure,

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

That was my first show, so I can't compare it to anything. I feel the same way you do. It didn't detract from the show at all, which was great, but it was somewhat surprising.

Here's a video of NYC. It's not as clear in this recording, but you can hear it a bit in the "New York Cares" and "Turn on the Bright Lights" verses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWZCZtlX-7E

The other thing this video makes clear: so many people with stupid phones taking stupid photos the entire show. So fucking annoying. You're in a gorgeous venue with a fantastic band - why would you want to watch it through a 4 inch screen?

/rant

Back
Top Bottom