New Interpol!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really looking forward to this. Hopefully it will be a step up from their self-titled.

I don't want to be a broken record about this, but I honestly think it's their second best and I like Antics a lot. I'm generally very pleased with this band. It was a hard choice not to go see them on Saturday, I really hope I'll be able to go to their show later next month, I just didn't want to see them without knowing the new songs first.

I don't find it awful or anything like that, just generally unremarkable, especially when compared to their first two albums.

I liked it, and recently listened to it again and enjoyed it from start to finish. It's the only album of theirs I didn't see them supporting live. Whether intentional or not, I guess that sorta says something about my feelings too. Pretty excited to see them on this tour though.

Yeah, I saw from the recent setlists that they are not playing many new songs yet. Maybe they'll add a few more new ones after their record release show next Tuesday. I don't mind either way - since I've never seem they live, I want to hear some old ones too.

It's definitely better than Our Love to Admire.

I agree with that. Not a fan of Our Love to Admire at all (although I really like Mammoth).

That's funny, because I do like Our Love to Admire more than the self-titled, although it's very, very flawed, and I consider Mammoth to be one of its lowpoints.

This new one sounds a bit generic after first listen.

I'm really not feeling this album.

Time to turn on the bright lights for refreshment.

:banghead:, of course I have to do something for work right after I turn this on. I'll be back later.

(I was really enjoying it, though. Opener was my fav.)

That's funny, because I do like Our Love to Admire more than the self-titled, although it's very, very flawed, and I consider Mammoth to be one of its lowpoints.

This new one sounds a bit generic after first listen.

I do too. Self-titled has a more consistent "album" feel in theme and sound, but Our Love has far more memorable songs.

Regardless, they're both pretty weak compared to the first two.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

Alright, back to it!

The opener and Always are great great songs. I also really love the feel of Same Town, New Story. Didn't care a lot for My Desire on first listen, it was a little *too* moody.

From that part on, nothing's really stuck out to me, but I like it all. Once again, I think it's a very solid album that sounds like a band I greatly enjoy.

I have always enjoyed Interpol, but they are a band that has never really taking the next step. If that makes sense!? They need there unforgettable fire moment. And after saying all that I am really enjoying the new album.

I like maybe three songs on it and All the Rage is easily the highlight. Tidal Wave and Same Town, New Story are solid I guess.

The self-titled had Lights at least, which is one of my favorites.

I have enjoyed my first listens of El Pintor - My Desire in particular feels like it is going to be a huge grower - however I feel divided on it.

I really loved moments of Interpol but that album was a drag in places also. Conversely, El Pintor is sharp and concise but lacks the magic of moments like Summer Well, Try It On and Lights.

Oh and I fucking loved Barricade, despite almost ruinous lyrics. Banks has done a great job on bass here and contributes to the urgency of many of the songs, but the swagger of the bass in songs like Barricade is missed too.

Mixed emotions, but this is a great and unique band who will always require my attention. Give me five songs from Interpol and five from El Pintor and we have a winner.

I agree with the above post. El Pintor is solid but there aren't that many stand-outs. It's Interpol being Interpol, though a bit more concise than usual.

Haven't listened yet will wait for the official

Isn't it always super fun to hear what people who have listened to all their albums 6 times each have to say about subpar quality streams and leaks?

Isn't it always super fun to hear what people who have listened to all their albums 6 times each have to say about subpar quality streams and leaks?

I have no idea who it is exactly you're referring to, but maybe it's for the best if you avoid threads like these as soon as a leak is announced (a relatively substantial amount of time had passed between this and any kind of first impression). I tend to do that myself if I want to be patient with new music coming out. And the leak is high quality, nothing alike the one that surfaced with self-titled in 2010.

I agree with the above post. El Pintor is solid but there aren't that many stand-outs. It's Interpol being Interpol, though a bit more concise than usual.

All things considered, I'd say this is a fair assessment in the end.

I have no idea who it is exactly you're referring to, but maybe it's for the best if you avoid threads like these as soon as a leak is announced (a relatively substantial amount of time had passed between this and any kind of first impression). I tend to do that myself if I want to be patient with new music coming out. And the leak is high quality, nothing alike the one that surfaced with self-titled in 2010.

All things considered, I'd say this is a fair assessment in the end.

I took all the rage back home. Hahahajajahahahajajajahahahahshshahsh!!!!11!1!1!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!1!1!1!1!1!1

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

So now we're not allowed to listen to official steams either? Should I start filing paperwork with you before I post my opinions as well? Wouldn't want to have a conversation before it's due time.

I listened to it again today, since my first got interrupted. I'm still really feeling the opener as my favorite track. I'm also very fond of "Anywhere" and "Same Town, New Story". It drops off a bit after track five for a song or two, but "Tidal Wave" is, musically, the best song on here, which is nice. And, I don't really care much for the closer, yet.

I'm still pleased.

I listened to it again today, since my first got interrupted. I'm still really feeling the opener as my favorite track. I'm also very fond of "Anywhere" and "Same Town, New Story". It drops off a bit after track five for a song or two, but "Tidal Wave" is, musically, the best song on here, which is nice. And, I don't really care much for the closer, yet.

I'm still pleased.

This is almost exactly how I feel. It's a very solid effort, and definitely a step up from the last two in my mind. I know the guitar tone is nothing new for them, but there is a sharpness and urgency to it here that gives the whole album a slightly unsettling atmosphere, which is a good thing for me.

Back
Top Bottom