New Gorillaz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update on this. Turns out that while the falling out was true, Gorillaz HAVE NOT SPLIT.

This is according to Jamie Hewlett's son.

Report: Gorillaz have “split” � Consequence of Sound
Whew, that's a relief! Honestly, I've been expecting them to take a long break (other than Plastic Beach and The Fall, they've had several years between each of their albums), but never getting any Gorillaz again would be too much.

On another note, I can't wait to hear what Damon's got planned regarding Blur and his upcoming opera.

Reviving this thread. Really into the new songs and have revisited their catalogue and I've become hooked in a way I wasn't before. Hoping the rest of the album is strong!

19-2000 Soulchild Remix is still great

Yes!

I'm thinking about diving in further. Supposedly there's a story behind each album and the made up band. Might as well take advantage fo the huge Gorillaz kick I'm on currently.

Just listening to the new Gorillaz album - Humanz

oh man, i fucking love it, it's perfect

how does music have the power to make a person suddenly feel better about everything, how? #stressedoutofskullinmiddleofFrenchelections #justwhatthedoctorordered

Oh, I forgot there was a thread for this album.

I wish I liked Humanz more, but I don't. Maybe the 22 songs I don't care for will grow on me.

I'm not feeling it. Nothing stuck with me after a first listen. The singles didn't do much for me either.

Not even Andromeda? Man, that song is something else. Ascenion, Strobelite and Busted and Blue are good too. I could take or leave the rest.

So far so good. Going to have to let the songs sink in some more. Not sure if it will ever reach Demon or Plastic but the bar was set high with those albums.

Overall I'm happy with the album. Wish there was more Damon which seems to be a common complaint on Reddit, but I really like a lot of the songs and the flow is great.

Mikal I sincerely apologize for the cruel and rude things I've said to you. I hope you can forgive me.

She's My Collar kind of starts out like Volcano......but then it quickly proves not to be...

But love the beat.

Gorillaz dropped a new song yesterday and I think it's better than half of the tracks of Humanz. No idea why Albarn left this off the record.

The album is a huge stinker. What a massive disappointment. It just sounds like a rudimentary compilation of hip-pop. Where's the Gorillaz charm, personality, humour?

The album is a huge stinker. What a massive disappointment. It just sounds like a rudimentary compilation of hip-pop. Where's the Gorillaz charm, personality, humour?
I like the new album but it's definitely annoying that almost every song is hip hop and doesn't feel as much like a gorillaz album, if that makes any sense.

Whilst I disagree that it sounds hip-hop (I'd only call a couple songs that), I agree that it doesn't at all sound like Gorillaz, which is a big shame.

Whelp, color me surprised, I really like the new album. I've never been much of a fan (though I do really like/respect Plastic Beach and Demon Days to an extent).

Favorite track:

I can't imagine not having fun with Song Machine. It's not as thematically dense as their best work, but Pac-Man, Aries, Désolé, Opium...so many great tracks.

There's a few albums like this from 2020 (Thinking specifically of Avalanches) that feels more like a club playlist that flows really well, than a single band's album. Seems like features were extremely popular this year, so that's probably had something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom