new Blur album out in April!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Blur announce The Magic Whip, their first new album for 12 years | Music | The Guardian

very excited for this, thought they'd called it a day so this is great news. I'm so happy about it I managed to read that Zane Lowe was hosting the press conference and not feel a thing.

Hyde Park in June too so hopefully an actual tour will follow, though i'll settle for one of those not-so-secret sets at Glastonbury :wink: their headline slot in 2009 was probably the best set I've ever seen.

No, don't delete this, it's totally cool to have a thread for this, surprised it took so long for one to be made, actually.

I'm not the biggest Blur fan, but that new track is several kinds of awesome. One of the better videos I have seen in a while as well.

I am so happy by how much it actually sounds like Blur, as well. Maybe Damon's voice is a little deeper? Otherwise, spot on, which means strong potential here, to me.

Single didn't do too much for me, but not too worried as Crazy Beat is one of my least fav songs on the fantastic Think Tank.

Agreed. Looking forward to the new Blur. Damon Albarn has been on quite a diverse musical ride since the last proper Blur album, I can't help but feel that it will influence the new material. :applaud:

Single isn't great but I like it enough. I'm sure I'll like the album as well.

I seem to be one of the few who really enjoys Crazy Beat. It's awful if you take it seriously but I think it's a great, goofy little song.

Got through the first disc of the Midlife best of. Liked it, didn't love it. Lot of good songs though, my favourite was probably The Universal... where the hell have I heard that chorus before? Brilliant stuff. This is a Low, Coffee & TV, Out of Time, Blue Jeans some other highlights.

It's a favourite of many fans but for me only a decent enough song. I wouldn't have it in the top half of 13 myself.

It sounds like a country dirge at times to me. The influence is there (I'm not the only one, a quick google of "blur tender country" has results). Not really doing it for me.

People google shit all the time. I fail to see how this gives any merit to a claim.

However, I can hear a hint of country dirge in the verses or in Albarn's delivery. But the chorus is all gospel.

I love that you couldn't agree with me without still getting some snark in haha. I guess I can hear the gospel in the singing and background vocals, but the music still throws me off a bit.

first time I've ever heard Tender being called country. Great, great song either way.

Beetlebum
Coffee & TV
The Universal
Out of Time

Apologies to For Tomorrow, Tracy Jacks, This Is a Low, End of a Century, Badhead, Chemical World, Tender, He Thought of Cars, She's So High, You're So Great, Ambulance and many others. What an incredible band.

Last edited:
Parklife
Trouble In the Message Centre
Caramel
Battery In Your Leg

Something like that but I probably missed a few great ones.

got tickets to see them play The Magic Whip on Friday night, should be great :)

Back
Top Bottom