New Bloc Party album this Thursday?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Funny, I was just reading about this.

I don't like that Ion Square is no longer the final song on the album. I'm hoping they are just looking at the other songs as bonus tracks, but then again, Talons is inserted before it, so who knows.

"Ion Square" should close out the CD, also what the heck is "Flux" doing there? Didn't they rerelease AWITC with Flux on it? :scratch:

Funny, I was just reading about this.

I don't like that Ion Square is no longer the final song on the album. I'm hoping they are just looking at the other songs as bonus tracks, but then again, Talons is inserted before it, so who knows.

"Ion Square" should close out the CD, also what the heck is "Flux" doing there? Didn't they rerelease AWITC with Flux on it? :scratch:

My physical version arrived in the mail. There is a gap in the tracklisting on the back between Ion Square and the other 3 songs, but how many people are really going to notice that?

Ironically, Flux is the ONLY song mentioned on the little sticker on the front of the album....

The few songs I listened to in the car sounded great though, gotta love CD quality. :up:

I liked the 2 new tracks quite a bit on first listen. :up:

Where the hell has Fitz been lately?

I didn't do the pre-order. I simply waited to buy it in the local store for only $10.

I'm curious if the version in the stores is the same as the pre-order. My CD has remixes of both Mercury and Talons at the end of it, in addition to the other four bonus tracks (not including the original version of Talons, which is Track 9).

I grabbed it up today, noticed a gap in between Ion Square and the bonuses, but I didn't look at it much, didn't notice remixes though (not that I'll be heartbroken without them) but yeah Flux was the only track highlighted on the packaging.

I didn't do the pre-order. I simply waited to buy it in the local store for only $10.

I'm curious if the version in the stores is the same as the pre-order. My CD has remixes of both Mercury and Talons at the end of it, in addition to the other four bonus tracks (not including the original version of Talons, which is Track 9).

Hmm, I didn't have remixes on mine. Just 3 bonus tracks, Letter To My Son, Your Visits Are Getting Shorter, and Flux. Where did you get it, maybe it's a location specific type thing (Best Buy does that sort of thing)?

The "physical album" is identical except Talons is now in the actual tracklist (right after Zephyrus I believe).

Hmm, I didn't have remixes on mine. Just 3 bonus tracks, Letter To My Son, Your Visits Are Getting Shorter, and Flux. Where did you get it, maybe it's a location specific type thing (Best Buy does that sort of thing)?

The "physical album" is identical except Talons is now in the actual tracklist (right after Zephyrus I believe).

Wait, just three bonus tracks? I have four, not including the two remixes. The last bonus song is Idea For A Story. You don't have that?

I do my music shopping at a local independent music store.

Not too surprising, but still sad for nostalgic reasons, I think CD singles are sort of a dinosaur now that you can buy a b-side for $1 from iTunes.

^ Awww, yeah! :yes:

In fact, I listen to it more, now since my physical cd came. (I mostly listen to music in my car.) I absolutely :heart: 'Your Vists Are Getting Shorter' :dance: It's so 80s!

And (FINALLY!) last night I sat down and listened to the album while reading the lyrics. I can't tell you the last time I had spare time enough to do that for an album.

Plus, seeing them in Los Angeles on the 10th at Indie 103.1's Wreck The Halls christmas show (along with Black Kids, CSS and The Pretenders). And then seeing them again in Anaheim on December 15th, just by themselves.

I can't wait! :yippie: :combust:

This album is a grower. I reckon it lacks the cohesion of A Weekend In The City and the down-to-earth "indie" factor that made Silent Alarm appealing, but some of these tracks are top notch.

Better Than Heaven is becoming my favourite, Ion Square is just :drool:......., SignS is gorgeous, Trojan Horse is exquisitely claustrophobic.

Letter To My Son - Marr guitar, reminiscent of SmithS

Well, lyrically, I think it's Kele's most cohesive album. Relationships and the theme of becoming a couple, growing apart, losing someone, and breaking-up runs throughout the entire album. It's very tight and direct in that respect.

It's hard for me to decide because Intimacy never drags for me like A Weekend In The City does in the 2nd half, but then some of the songs on Intimacy don't have strong melodies to me like the best tracks off AWITC, and of course, nowhere near the brilliant melodies and tunes of Silent Alarm's tracks. :drool: Though, IMO, Silent Alarm is about 2 to 4 songs too long.

I still think they have yet to make their "perfect" album.

Well, lyrically, I think it's Kele's most cohesive album. Relationships and the theme of becoming a couple, growing apart, losing someone, and breaking-up runs throughout the entire album. It's very tight and direct in that respect.

It's hard for me to decide because Intimacy never drags for me like A Weekend In The City does in the 2nd half, but then some of the songs on Intimacy don't have strong melodies to me like the best tracks off AWITC, and of course, nowhere near the brilliant melodies and tunes of Silent Alarm's tracks. :drool: Though, IMO, Silent Alarm is about 2 to 4 songs too long.

I still think they have yet to make their "perfect" album.

I agree with that.

What they've shown on the first three albums is that they have the potential to strike perfection. I personally think AWITC is pretty much there.

I agree with Intimacy being more cohesive lyrically, with the recurring theme of a broken relationship. A Weekend In The City never settled on one theme though, and it was never intended to. It was a collection of modern-day observations and experiences of London, or city life in general. It certainly delivers. I love it. So easy to relate to songs like Sunday, Waiting For The 7:18, Uniform.

'Signs' live was just :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :combust:

Oh my God, that song kicked freakin' ass live! They really upped the guitars and it was like aural, shoegaze heaven!!!!!!!!! :drool:

'One Month Off' also was amazing. MUCH better than when they debuted it in New York in August. 'Halo' (the show's opener) was surprisingly anemic; it really didn't do that much for me. (I also don't think it helped that this was a radio station's Christmas show and, thus, all the people weren't there for Bloc.)

I must admit, for the first time since I started seeing them, they weren't really spectacular tonight. They were good, just not great like they usually are. Here's hoping next Monday's show (just Bloc Party and no one else) is more up to their usual standard of live greatness.

I was really, really hoping for 'Ion Square', but it was a no show. Again, since this was a multi-billed Christmas show, Bloc's set was shorter than usual:
Halo
One Month Off
Hunting For Witches
Positive Tension
Signs
Song For Clay (Disappear Here)
Banquet
Mercury
This Modern Love
Flux
The Prayer
Helicopter