Never seen, would REALLY love to!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
for the here and now, which Artist/Bands have you never got to see live, even if it's just a 'yet', or because you missed them/never got ticket/only like them now/they played near you yet too far/maybe never play in or near your city, etc.

IF any of you want to share :)
maybe all of you have seen - all! :D

for me, it just HAS to be:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Portishead
Metallica
Sigor Ros
Beck
Jurassic 5
The Verve
The Prodigy
Pink (missed her here!)
Tenacious D
Chemical Brothers
Faithless
Madonna
Amy Winehouse! (her gig here HAD to be cancelled last year because of how she was! :()

the above are definate!

damn!

What an awesome thread!

For the past few years I've been thinking I should see some of the old greats before they stop touring. Within that time I've seen Elton John and Gordon Lightfoot (Canadian icon). Next month I'm seeing The Who. I'd also like to see McCartney the next time he comes around.

I'm trying to think of current acts I'd really like to see that I haven't seen before, and all I can come up with is Arcade Fire, although I'm sure more will come to me.

ETA:

Wilco
Blue October (had tickets to one of their shows about a year ago, but something came up and I couldn't make it :( )

Oasis
Porcupine Tree
Paul McCartney
Pink Floyd :(
David Gilmour
RHCP
Keane
Led Zeppelin
Madonna
Muse

I'll keep it simple and just name a few choice ones. :)

Leona Naess
Bright Eyes
Depeche Mode

This year has been the year of finally getting to see many of the bands/artists I'd always wanted to see, but never had the chance to before now. I saw Duran Duran earlier this year, and still to come in the next 2 months are Madonna and New Kids on the Block :giggle:.

Still on my list:

Arcade Fire
Snow Patrol
Amy Winehouse (had tickets, but of course she canceled)
AC/DC (they always come to town when I'm busy! :laugh: )
Keane
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Alanis Morissette
Swell Season

And probably many more that I can't think of right now...

Oasis
Keane
REM
Led Zeppelin
The Strokes
The Shins
Death Cab for Cutie (but I have tickets to see them next month)

I've seen practically every artist I've wanted to over the years. Except these:

Lou Reed (did meet him, but didn't see a show)
David Bowie

My top two are easily R.E.M. and Bruce Springsteen. I would kill to go to a concert by either of them. But I think they'll both probably go on at least a couple more tours so I will have my day in the sun.

Also -

Tom Petty
Rolling Stones
White Stripes
A-L-O-U-D

Other than that I've been pretty blessed to be able to see so many of my favorite bands/artists live.

Of course it would have been great to see long disbanded groups like the Beatles, Nirvana, Clash, Ramones, Pavement, etc. but that's not gonna happen.

Dealing strictly with reality here:

Prince
Bowie
The Who
Stevie Wonder
Madonna (Not a huge fan, but, I'd enjoy seeing what it's like to experience a concert of hers)
Portishead (I agree with the insane one twice, wow)
Led Zeppelin (Their one-off show makes them a possibly reality to tour sometime. saw Plant/Page, at least, in LA a few years ago, that was cool)
Alison Krauss (That's right)
The Verve (That's three)

i can't think of anyone. bb king, maybe? i don't really want to see pearl jam anymore, and don't think it would justify the money tickets to mccartney, clapton, the stones, etc. would cost. what i'd rather have is a time machine...

Red Hot Chili Peppers - wasn't working/didn't have money when they last came
Radiohead - fucking love them now, hope they tour!
Coldplay - provisional, if I have a slab of money I'll go but if not then no
Bruce Springsteen - would depend on money
David Bowie - would he ever tour again? what's he doing these days?
Pink Floyd - see Zoots
REM - money

The only definites there are Radiohead and the Red Hot, Chiliiiii PEPPEEERRRRRS!

Jesus and Mary Chain
My Bloody Valentine
Husker Du
Replacements

And there's a bunch of bands I've seen for reunion tours that I would have loved to see at their peak, like Pixies, Jane's Addiction, Zeppelin and Floyd.

I've seen everyone I've really always wanted to see. Everything else is just icing at this point.

I've seen most of the people I wanted to see, but there are a few that have been eluding me:

Echo And The Bunnymen
PJ Harvey
Interpol
The National

And now that The Jesus And Mary Chain and James have reformed, I'd like to see them as well. I also wanted to see Stone Temple Pilots on their reunion tour, but it's going pretty badly and the tix are kind of expensive.

I've wanted to see Lou Reed since I was 14 and still somehow haven't gotten to. He played a few hours from me in the spring, but it was the same week I was already taking time off work to see my favorite jazz trio for the first time, so I couldn't go. There are a few others I've liked for a long time and haven't gotten to see, but he's the only one I absolutely have to see.

Back
Top Bottom