Name the album you just bought, part whatever + 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Emmylou Harris - Roses In The Snow
LCD Soundsystem - London Sessions
The Scene - Liefde Op Doorreis
V/A - 40 Jaar Pinkpop Live NL

Elvis Costell & The Imposters - The Return Of The Spectacular Spinning Songbook!!!
V/A - Isles Of Wonder: Music For The Opening Ceremony Of The London 2012 Olympic Games

psychic.jpg

some amazon reviews:

*****5 out of 5 stars This is a dynamic return!

By Ryan Winn

This new incarnation of Psychic TV, or PTV3, sounds great. Gen's new band sounds powerful, and their grooves can make your body move without conceding to rock stereotypes. This album sacrifices none of PTV's experimental side, or their songwriting side. On most of their albums, you have some experimental songs, and some songs that are more in the classic style of songwriting. On this album, it's experimental pop songs or poppy experimental songs all the way through (and I mean pop like early Pink Floyd or The Stones, not in a demeaning way). The way the band rocks and grooves draws one in, while the structures and textures sound fresh, new, and challenging.
I love all of their albums, and every phase of their evolution, but I think this may be their best. If you haven't listened to PTV lately, you're in for a pleasant surprise. If you haven't heard them at all, this is a great place to start.

~~~~~

*****5 out of 5 stars This is a great f-cking record!

By Edward Morris

Wonders never cease! First I'll say that this is a cyber glam record, only it's very analogue, with a Ziggy Star Dust 2007 sound. I wouldn't have guessed a sound like this, a sound that I associate as an old rock sound, could sound so fresh, so right so now, i am of the avante guard variety when it comes to music, but some how this works! on glam pop rock estetics as well as pagan occultic modes of expression and also on the poetic museing level, there is no industrial sound here but definately a dose of psychedelic. I might also add that this is a great summer time record.

~~~~~

*****5 out of 5 stars The most important musician alive who's still Relevant, Sgt. Peppers or Velvet Underground on 200 mics of 2007, All Rock Merges!

By Scott A. Riddle

Mick Jagger, Tom Waits, Paul McCathy, Trent Reznor, Bob Dylan, John "Rotten" Lydon, David Bowie, Ogre Nivek, Bruce Springsteen, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Keith Richards, John Waters, Syd Barret, Tommy page, Neil Young and the rest don't porduce anything as important as their early work.

Genesis Breyer P-Orridge still pushes the limits of what to expect from music when you put a portable recording into your player. Over 30 years of music making and this human still makes music with all the power and creativity he began with in his innocent and ignorant, as intelligent as he was, twenties.

Another reviewer said this is laughable, to laugh at this is like laughing a Andy Warhol, it means you just don't get it. Laugh at The Beatles, The Grateful Dead, Skinny Puppy, David Bowie, Tom Waits, you just don't get it. Nothing here is "PUNK" but punk is a park of rock and there is punk, lower case p, here along with Rock, Psychedelic, funk and roll, this is light years or a dozen years beyond Radiohead or anything else out there.

I almost wish those samples wheren't there because they give you almost nothing of what to expect.

(a review in process)

Sigur Ros - Takk
Sigur Ros - Med Sud I Eyrum Vid Spilum Endalaust
U2 - Fire (single)
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire (single)

Alanis Morissette - Havoc and Bright Lights
Elbow - Dead in the boot
Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker
The Gaslight Anthem - Handwritten

The Killers - Battle Born
Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
Sigur Ros - Hvarf/Heim

Pearl Jam - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, NL, 1st Show
Pearl Jam - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, NL, 2nd Show

Those :censored: at customs did charge me extra levies for this. So it was quite an expensive deal. But the concerts are all worth it! :drool:

Lykke Li - Wounded Rhymes
Esperanza Spalding - Radio Music Society
Mumford & Sons - Babel

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads

Yes, I'm making serious effort now in getting Nick Cave's back catalogue now. :)

I got to go to Third Man Records on Wednesday. I picked up Blunderbuss and De Stijl on vinyl, with the latter on a sweet split color vinyl.

image.php

Back
Top Bottom