Name the album you just bought, part 87

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DisraeliGears.jpg

who_f.jpg

blog_whosnext.jpg

days_of_future_passed.jpg

Of their actual albums (I guess 3 EPs is a compilation), it's my favorite. It still crushes me that they called it quits after releasing what I consider their best album. :(

I agree, it is definitely their most accessible and non-Beta Band sounding album, if that makes sense...

I was surprised when I first started listening to it expecting the standard Beta Band weirdness and instead got a straightforward sound...

crushing indeed :(

The last box from Tower hasn't even arrived yet. :reject:

Tonight's purchases:
Black Lips--Let It Bloom
Metallica...And Justice For All
Oasis--Dig Out Your Soul
The Clash--Live At Shea Stadium
Secret Machines--Secret Machines

so i went to the newbury comics in town, and despite the way their music selection has been waning in the last few years, i managed to find way more music than i should have bought:

the clash - live at shea stadium
the aggrolites - reggae hit l.a.
pavement - slanted & enchanted (luxe & reduxe) - it's about time.
motorhead - ace of spades - it's also about time.
the misfits - walk among us - and yeah, why didn't i already own this?
slapshot - tear it down - although i still don't have 'step on it.'
pressure point - get it right - random awesome find of the day
the pietasters - 1992-1996 - not nearly as awesome as it looks, however it's a cheap three-disc compilation that's still pretty cool
alkaline trio - from here to infirmary - why? i don't know why. just figured i might as well.
minor threat - the complete discography - gotta love it when a band can fit their entire body of work onto one cd.

then i went to go see where the used music store had moved to, and was sad that the space they now occupy is about a quarter the size of the old store. and that they have cut their selection down to proportionally the same. still, there's all kinds of decent stuff:

sebadoh - smash your head on the punk rocks - person working at the store was right, it is better than bake sale
the del vikings - 1956 audition tapes - yeah.
small faces - best of - much rather have a random best of than the scraggly collection of downloaded songs i had before.
rollings band - get some go again - not really sure what i was thinking...i know how bad this album is.
screeching weasel - kill the musicians
screeching weasel - wiggle
suicidal tendencies - lights...camera...revolution
radon - we bare all - cover looked slightly familiar, but i think it's because all no-name no idea bands look and sound similar, and once you hear a few they all seem familiar. in the live half they covered the smiths, the pixies, and probably something else. not too bad for what it is.
idlewild - warnings/promises
billy bragg - william blake
bob dylan - another side of bob dylan
johnny cash - american IV

Last edited:
Picked up the Fleet Foxes EP after I went to their show the other day with U2popmofo. I was unfamiliar with some of the songs they sang as they sounded incredible live. Pretty happy that I was able to find the last one.....even if it was nicely wrapped in the Used section.

Well. When Borders emails me a 40% off coupon, what am I supposed to do? :shrug:

The Kinks--Are the Village Green Preservation Society
Haydn--Cello Concertos (Rostropovich)
Haydn/VivaldiCello Concertos (Harrell)

And yes, I am aware that I just bought two copies of Haydn's cello concertos. That brings my total number of cds of Haydn's cello concertos to four. :reject:

Well. When Borders emails me a 40% off coupon, what am I supposed to do? :shrug:

Haydn--Cello Concertos (Rostropovich)
Haydn/VivaldiCello Concertos (Harrell)

And yes, I am aware that I just bought two copies of Haydn's cello concertos. That brings my total number of cds of Haydn's cello concertos to four. :reject:

:up: I just listened to The Kinks' album last night for the first time.

And, pfft, who cares how many Haydn cello concertos you have? Haydn was one crazy, but awesome composer. He also knows how to throw in a good musical joke :lol:

I wanna get that one at some point. Looked for it today but couldn't find it.

As for today's purchases :shifty: I sold back a few CDs I never listen to and got:

Tom Petty - Wildflowers (been wanting to get this for a long time!)
Billy Joel - Piano Man
Billy Joel - 52nd Street

(Together with the Stranger, that's 3 albums in a week! :eek: lol)
Peter Gabriel - Us
Van Halen - 1984
Def Leppard - On Through The Night (debut album, when they were still metal :rockon: )
REM - Reveal (it was only like $2.99 and even though I already have like half the songs, I got it for discography completion reasons)
Kula Shaker - Strange Folk (New album. Yes, they are back! :lol: Again, it was only $2.99 and I was like what the hell, lemme try it out. Even if it sucks, I only spent 3 bucks on it!)

All this plus the 4 albums I'm expecting in the mail tomorrow gives me a shit load of new stuff to listen to! :drool::crazy:

the clash - live at shea stadium
pavement - slanted & enchanted (luxe & reduxe) - it's about time.
the misfits - walk among us - and yeah, why didn't i already own this?
minor threat - the complete discography - gotta love it when a band can fit their entire body of work onto one cd
idlewild - warnings/promises

:up:

Picked up the Fleet Foxes EP

:up:

DJ Tiesto - Asia.

absolutely fantastic album! brilliant dance music, I love him! :up:

Stupid question, but does it actually have anything in it that does make you think of Asia? I haven't bought a trance album in a while, but this one has tempted me as I'm a sucker for that continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom