Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PJ Harvey - White Chalk
Okkervil River - The Stage names
Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
The Felice Brothers - 'Tonight At The Arizona'
R.E.M. - Live in Dublin

ShipOfFools said:

I have their "Hagnesta Hill" (not sure if I spelled that right?) album. It's really good, one of my favorites.

I haven't heard anything else by them, though. From what I understand, they only released two albums (Hagnesta Hill and another album) in English. :(

Yes, you're right, they only have released two albums in English, Isola and Hagnesta Hill. But I think their music is worth checking out even if it's sung in Swedish, and I know a lot of non-Swedish speaking fans who prefer their material in Swedish. :)
Hagnesta Hill is an amazing album, probably my all-time fave.

And you're right corianderstem, If you were is one of Kent's biggest hits. :)

Carbon/Silicon- 'The Last Post', Mick Jones's latest project- really good stuff, kind of like The Clash but more brit-pop, also has Tony James from Generation X, Leo Williams- bassist back from Big Audio Dynamite; and drummer Dominic Greensmith.

PJ Harvey - White Chalk
Beirut - The Flying Club Cup
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow

Ava79 said:
Kent - Tillbaka till samtiden

Does anyone else here like/know this amazing Swedish band??

Okay, most awesome coincidence at work today.

There are secret* free bins in our entertainment department, and someone in that department cleaned their desk of CDs they didn't want to hang onto anymore.

Guess what was in there? Kent! :lol: So now I have a copy of Hagnesta Hill, and I'm looking forward to listening to it.

There was a lot of good stuff in there. I love little surprises like that! :hyper:

*secret as in "thank god not all 3,000 employees know about it, so I still have a chance for some free CDs." :wink:

Serj Tankian - Elect the Dead

I dig it. Some really awesome songs on it, though listened to in full it does feel a bit montonous. Definitely worth getting though. Empty Walls is one of my favourite songs this year, I think.

corianderstem said:

Okay, most awesome coincidence at work today.

There are secret* free bins in our entertainment department, and someone in that department cleaned their desk of CDs they didn't want to hang onto anymore.

Guess what was in there? Kent! :lol: So now I have a copy of Hagnesta Hill, and I'm looking forward to listening to it.

There was a lot of good stuff in there. I love little surprises like that! :hyper:

*secret as in "thank god not all 3,000 employees know about it, so I still have a chance for some free CDs." :wink:

Oh my! Talk about coincidents! :lol: Surprises like that make life a little more sweet for sure.

...I have to listen to Hagnesta Hill now :drool:

Popmartijn said:

Is that his 2001 album played backwards? :p

Howlin' Wolf - The Real Folk Blues
V/A - A Riot In Blues

Wow...I'm dyslexic. (That was just self-deprecation on my part; I'm not.) I was watching TV and talking to my mom when I was typing that out.

Last edited:
Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath

I had all of the full songs on here except "Behind the Wall of Sleep." What annoys me greatly about the US version is that everything is condensed into suites - so that is part of two different instrumental bits and "N.I.B."

:mad:

nightninja56 said:
Elvis Costello- The Best of Elvis Costello: the First 10 years

I have most of the albums.

I have the older compilations.

But dammit, the presentation of this comp is just fabulous and i want to buy it anyway.

Iron & Wine and Calexico - In The Reins EP

Killer EP right there. They make a great tandem.

used copies of:

The Beatles - Anthology 1
Chris Cornell - Carry On
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Chronicle

U2isthebest said:
The Will to Live-Ben Harper (Ever since I read about him in RELEVANT magazine, I've been really getting into him. He's brilliant.:drool: )

YES! Another Ben Harper fan!! He's fantastic and fabulous live as well. Which albums of his do you have?

onebloodonelife said:

YES! Another Ben Harper fan!! He's fantastic and fabulous live as well. Which albums of his do you have?

So far, I just have "The Will to Live" and "Fight For Your Mind". I'm definitely going to be getting more though!

U2isthebest said:

So far, I just have "The Will to Live" and "Fight For Your Mind". I'm definitely going to be getting more though!

:cool: I would suggest getting "Diamonds on the Inside," "Lifeline," "Both Sides of the Gun," and if you're into live CDs, "Live from Mars." Really, you can't go wrong with any of his albums though.

onebloodonelife said:

:cool: I would suggest getting "Diamonds on the Inside," "Lifeline," "Both Sides of the Gun," and if you're into live CDs, "Live from Mars." Really, you can't go wrong with any of his albums though.

Thanks!:hug: I'm definitely going to be on the look-out for all of those! He's frickin' brilliant!:rockon:

To celebrate the end of the Beatles competition in the other threat, I've just bought Magical Mystery Tour on vinyl... :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom