Name The Album You Just Bought

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot...

Radiohead - In Rainbows

I even paid $9 for it. So it does belong in this thread. :wink:

cdisantis83 said:
Is this any different than the Legacy compilation from a few years back?

I'm not sure. Didn't Legacy have more than 2 CDs? Well... anyway, this new one is 2 CDs but it says 40th anniversary mixes. But I can hardly tell the difference (except for on a few songs) from the originals! It's pretty sweet.

I really need to stop buying albums

today I got

M83 - Dead Cities, Red Seas, & lost Ghosts
and
Thrice - The Alchemy Index: Vol. 1&2 - Fire & Water

bought Icky Thump a few days ago

and of course I got In Rainbows :wink:

Bonos_Lemon said:

My pre-order of this came on Tuesday with a sparkly shirt and a sticker :hyper: So far I have to say I am digging water more than fire :drool:

ah sweet. I just got it from iTunes.

I really like the fact that they did two completely different moods...kinda like my desert island entry :wink: (which i totally would not have looked into Thrice had you not included that song on yours :up: )

I like both. I'm not crazy about either as a whole but I do like them. The Arsonist is probably my favourite track overall, though I definitely dig some of the laid-back stuff on Water, like Digital Sea and Night Diving :drool:

i'm also really liking this M83 album... except for some reason iTunes has it categorized as rock :scratch: clearly electronica.

R.E.M - Live CD/DVD

and of course In Rainbows. I even paid a pound for it, and I had no idea until I saw my cc statement whether that is more or less than a dollar. Now I know its more

U2inUtah said:

and of course In Rainbows. I even paid a pound for it, and I had no idea until I saw my cc statement whether that is more or less than a dollar. Now I know its more

And people say Utahns are living in their own little world!

:wink:

I pre-Ordered the Joshua Tree 20th Anniversary edition which has the DVD and 2 CD. I Also bought Robert Plant and Alison Krauss's album Raising Sand. :drool:

UnforgettableLemon said:
PJ Harvey - White Chalk
at the moment definitely one of my favourite albums of the year

though Robert Wyatt's Comicopera takes some beating

The only thing by Kent I've heard is a song called "If You Were Here," which I like a lot. Er ... I think that was by Kent. :reject:

I'm home on "bed rest" after being diagnosed with bronchitis, but I made a trip to Starbucks and the library this morning, with a stop by the local record shop. I picked up:

Ryan Adams and the Cardinals - Follow the Lights

Soulsavers - It's Not How Far You Fall, It's the Way (I've only heard one song off this, but when I saw Mark Lanegan is featured on the disc, I thought I'd give it a try)

Stars - Set Yourself On Fire (used)

And then my real find: a used copy ($5.99) of Folkways: A Vision Shared! I had this on cassette many years back, and now I can delete my MP3 copy of U2's "Jesus Christ," since I now have the real thing. :hyper:

corianderstem said:
And then my real find: a used copy ($5.99) of Folkways: A Vision Shared! I had this on cassette many years back, and now I can delete my MP3 copy of U2's "Jesus Christ," since I now have the real thing. :hyper:

:drool: An excellent compilation and not just for the U2 song. :up:

me: Bruce Springsteen - Magic

Ava79 said:
Kent - Tillbaka till samtiden

Does anyone else here like/know this amazing Swedish band??

I have their "Hagnesta Hill" (not sure if I spelled that right?) album. It's really good, one of my favorites.

I haven't heard anything else by them, though. From what I understand, they only released two albums (Hagnesta Hill and another album) in English. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom