Music from Video Games

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know this thread is seven years old, but I just had to commend you on your choice of video game music. You chose some of the best. Bramble Blast and Melty Monster are the shit (along with many others that you mentioned)!

The music from The Last of Us soundtrack is among the most gorgeous and haunting I've ever heard. If we're talking video game soundtracks, that has to be near the top for me.

I think the reason why is I ALWAYS hated Link in Super Smash Bros., and also we were not the most affluent family, so we never really had that many games, so I never played Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. We didn't get a Gamecube, we never had a NES or SNES, and by the time the Wii came out I was completely done with it all. Hated that thing. Never got the WiiU either.

But then I got a 3DS, started playing Pokemon again, and then the Switch was announced and I just thought it was awesome. It feels like a renaissance, a move back to more classic Nintendo, after Wii/WiiU which I just thought was soulless and sucked. It was video games for two year olds and lonely mums. So got the Switch, picked up Breath of the Wild, and it's the best thing I've ever played. Played about 100 hours (the Hero's Path featured added in the first DLC is fucking amazing) and finally beaten the fourth Divine Beast. I adore everything about it: it looks astonishing, the music/ambiance is amazing, it doesn't hold your hand so you learn everything organically, and it has a sense of freedom that nothing else I've ever played has. Bumps Mario 64, Paper Mario, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Kart 64, and probably even Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Picking up Metroid: Samus Returns for the 3DS tomorrow (a remake of Metroid II), and will eventually get the remakes of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask too, once I've finished BotW, although I'm tempted to hunt for the original 64 cartridges as I still have my system.

I really want a Switch, but I'm convinced there will be a newer model like all the DS / 3DS lite, XLs, etc so I'm going to wait. Got a massive backlog of games and little time as it is. But damn if I'm not keeping an eye on sales anyway.

OoT and MM are definitely worth playing but probably best to get the 3DS remakes at this point. Besides some nice but minor enhancements, the original carts go for more than the remakes, especially MM.

There's also the possibility of a classic mini N64 next year...

I got Sonic Mania for the Switch yesterday and ooooooohhh the nostalgia hit hard. Very fun game.

Two soundtracks that get the memories flowing:

I legit go out of my way to listen to the Bomberman Hero soundtrack on a regular basis. That's some great drum and bass.

That's actually my favourite bit of Pokemon music ever and I would've posted it if it didn't only go for about 20 seconds.

Whooaaa talk about feeling nostalgic :0 I've got a lot to say, but not much time to say it, so I'll defer to a later date (though I've gotta pipe in that BotW is, indeed, pretty frickin' amazing). I should probably update w/ a whole bunch of my favorite videogame tunes from the past 7 years. Hmmmmm...

Pulling up this thread to tell you guys that I'm super into the Hohokum soundtrack, which features Tycho, Michna, Ben Benjamin, etc. It's so chill and relaxing. Perfect for maintaining concentration while working. Give it a play if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom