Muse announce new album "Drones" for June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At first I thought it was awful but I did actually like the bridge. It's very U2-ey. I could easily imagine Bono singing it. In that sense it reminds me of Madness.

I like this. The last half or so gets better. I don't follow this band for their deep lyrical content, but the cheese here is fine indeed. Fun.
That Sgt. bit better not show up anywhere else now. I'm back on the wagon of looking forward to this release.

Much better than SGT. your ass belongs to me. Not that that was hard to accomplish.

Well that was dull. "At least it's better than Psycho" is a pretty backhanded compliment.

Yeah, I have to say I'm not encouraged at all from either of these songs. Combined with the last two albums, neither of which I liked except a handful of songs, Drones may lead me to jump off the Muse ship for now. I hope I'm wrong and it gets much, muuuuuuuuch better going forward.

The bridge is kind of okay, but everything else is typical modern day Muse cringe.

Yeah, I have to say I'm not encouraged at all from either of these songs. Combined with the last two albums, neither of which I liked except a handful of songs, Drones may lead me to jump off the Muse ship for now. I hope I'm wrong and it gets much, muuuuuuuuch better going forward.

That's kinda my fear too. But damn, that would suck so bad. Especially since I'm not connecting with new U2 either... If SoE and Drones are both bad, I might lose my two favourite bands at the same time. :(

I don't think Dead Inside is that bad. It's OK. I think there's a welcome degree of drama from the bridge to the final chorus.

That delivery of "...but you're DEAD INSIDE" is so cringeworthy that it nearly destroys the song though.

I love The Resistance and quite a lot of tracks from The 2nd Law; the two new songs are ok but not really grabbing me. I like the Psycho riff but there's not much else going on there, and "your ass belongs to me now" is bad even by Matt's standards. And they've done much, much better funky songs than Dead Inside.

I just had a look on setlist.fm and noticed that they're not playing anything off The 2nd Law and only one or two songs off Resistance (and good ones at that). So that makes me a lot more excited to see them this year. Let's hope they keep it that way for the festivals as well. I've never seen them live so a set full of Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations is all I want really.

I just had a look on setlist.fm and noticed that they're not playing anything off The 2nd Law and only one or two songs off Resistance (and good ones at that). So that makes me a lot more excited to see them this year. Let's hope they keep it that way for the festivals as well. I've never seen them live so a set full of Origin of Symmetry, Absolution and Black Holes and Revelations is all I want really.

Damnit, just when I think it's safe to walk away from this band, they play sets featuring songs like Dead Star, Fury, The Groove, Agitated, and Futurism.

I've heard pretty much all the songs I've wanted to hear live I think. :hmm: I'll go see them when they tour with the new album, even if they play new stuff I don't care for. The last tour was amazing, like Matt had become an entire new person actually capable of social interaction with the crowd. :lol: While he'd just let Dom talk the tours before. So the gig was still great even though I didn't care for much of the 2nd Law. Live the songs were better than on the album though. :) Have a feeling it might be the case with this one as well, as long as the lyrics of the other songs aren't as cringeworthy as Psycho.

Heard Dead Inside on the radio a couple times now, am starting to like it more and more. The funk works for me.

Damnit, just when I think it's safe to walk away from this band, they play sets featuring songs like Dead Star, Fury, The Groove, Agitated, and Futurism.
I don't even know any of those songs apart from Futurism. Are they b-sides?

Hah so true :D Though his anti-social stage demeanor never bothered me.

Sing For Absolution is one Muse song I'm still waiting to hear live, though there's probably little hope for that now.

It didn't bother me per se, but I did feel like it took away from their live performances. There was about 0 crowd interaction, which was a shame. But the music was still amazing!

I kinda wanna hear Can't Take My Eyes Off You live one day! Love their version of it. But I am pretty sure that will never happen. :lol:

I don't even know any of those songs apart from Futurism. Are they b-sides?

By and large. Dead Star was a single, part of the double a-side Dead Star/In Your World - which happen to be my two favourite Muse songs. I'm really hanging out to hear them live. Also Muscle Museum, which I just noticed was in one of their recent sets too! I recall Matt going on about how he couldn't play it live any more because he'd lost the guitar for it, or something equally silly. I'm glad he's now realised that it can, in fact, be played on other guitars.

These commets on Youtube for these videos (Psych n' stuff) have conflicting opinions about their songs compared to this thread.

I think Muscle Museum was played in 2009 at the show I was at. :hmm: Or was it Cave? Last tour I heard Sunburn, that was pretty awesome as well. I'd love to hear Phillip some day. Always had a soft spot for that tune.

Does Muse have a U2 gigs site where you can have your personal setlists made? :lol: That would be very convenient!

I think Muscle Museum was played in 2009 at the show I was at. :hmm: Or was it Cave? Last tour I heard Sunburn, that was pretty awesome as well. I'd love to hear Phillip some day. Always had a soft spot for that tune.

Does Muse have a U2 gigs site where you can have your personal setlists made? :lol: That would be very convenient!

Setlist.fm is comprehensive for Muse, and there's also the gig section of the Muse Wiki: Gigs – MuseWiki: Supermassive wiki for the band Muse

Neither present the data as well as U2gigs does, but I may be biased. :wink:

As for Muscle Museum, you wouldn't have heard it in 2009 because it wasn't played between 2007 and 2015: Muscle Museum by Muse Concert Statistics | setlist.fm

Is this the show you saw in 2009? It's the only Dutch show I found for Muse in 2009, but setlist.fm doesn't let you browse quite as easily as U2gigs does for that sort of thing.

My memory might be a bit vague but yeah, that's the one.. so we had no 'old' song at all. :scratch: Was Cave played the week before or something? For some reason I have it linked to that show in my head. :lol:

Other show I saw was 2010 then, in Nijmegen, Goffertpark. Got Bliss there for the first time, that was awesome.
Muse Concert Setlist at Goffertpark, Nijmegen on June 19, 2010 | setlist.fm

And these setlists still fuel my hate for Feeling Good. Why do I always get that one live? :lol: It's a fuckin' horrible cover and I hate it so much. Stop playing it in the Netherlands!!! :fist:

Thanks for the site btw, will scour around and make my own song list then. :)

Sunburn was indeed in Amsterdam, 2012. :D That was brilliant. And again in 2013, right after I shook Matt's hand when he came out from under the B stage. Lucky spot!
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2012/ziggo-dome-amsterdam-netherlands-23da6ce7.html
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2013/arena-amsterdam-netherlands-4bd9ffce.html

Uprising
(Extended outro, Matt's guitar broke)
:lol: I didn't even notice that at the show!

Back
Top Bottom