Muse announce new album "Drones" for June

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is worse than NSC, because here they seem to be trying to do what they're supposed to be good at but falling flat on their face while trying to do it. That and I can't remember how NSC sounds like, while I've got the awful drill sergeant shit stuck in my head.

I agree. The reason I'm disappointed, more than any other, is we were told this would be back to basics Muse, but I guess they forgot what that sounded like. Instead they read a description of their music and wrote this based on that. Ala, Talking Heads' "The Overload" and Joy Division.

Psycho is awesome. Not only it features a cool and well-known riff from live performances, but the new riff played along with "your ass belongs to me" is freaking awesome.

Really excited to hear the full album.

I don't hate it, but I don't have any strong positive feelings for it either... hope the rest of the album is better, otherwise it'll be 2 albums in a row I don't connect with. That would suck major ballz. :crack:

Just heard it again on the radio... and honestly? It doesn't sound as bad compared to the dubstep shite that was on the last album. Still nothing compared to the early Muse they were claiming to go back to though..

The more I think about it, the more I think the drill sergeant and "your ass is mine now" are the lowest moments in Muse history. Lower than Survival. Lower than EuraSIA! SIA! SIA! Lower than M-M-M-M-Madness. And, yes, lower than Neutron Star Collision.

Everytime I hear Muse I think they want to be some combination of T-Rex, Marilyn Manson and Pink Floyd. And are none of these (though in the second instance that is not a total defeat I guess).

Panic Station was to me the best thing about the last album, though I realised that only after I saw them live. Dat bass :drool:

Madness is an embarrassing attempt to make a George Michael b-side.

There was almost nothing worth listening to on the last album. I didn't mind Panic Station and... I think it was Liquid State. Maybe. I don't remember now.

Big Freeze was the token "we want to be U2" song that occasionally succeeds a band's stint as U2's opening act. It sucked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTcJWhmdzpg

Is that background rhytmn old 8bit mario sounds? :scratch:

It has more guitar and boobies in the video, so I guess it already beats the first single. :wink:

Eta: I actually like it. :ohmy:

Muse shouldn't release lyric videos. They just highlight how bad their lyrics are right now.

Not a fan of this, but it will be huge here in the States.

ETA: This is the official first single and is what will be released to radio for airplay.

Isn't Psycho released there then? It's already a single here, radio loves it. It's song of the week so gets played at least once every few hours.

Lyric videos is an odd choice indeed. :crack: Not that I ever understood the charm of lyric videos anyway.

Back
Top Bottom