Miley's WAR against Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i never thought i'd actually say this, but i feel bad for Miley.

would it be that horrible for Radiohead to at least say "hello" and fake being nice?

I felt bad for her up until she went home "crying" or whatever and then went on a radio station to bitch about it :down:

I understand she's young though so I don't think she's a total ass... Besides, if she is such a “big fan” as she apparently claims she should know that Radiohead, Thom especially, are pretty eccentric when it comes to the music business…

As for Kanye, he just keeps adding to his douche toll :tsk:

I felt bad for her up until she went home "crying" or whatever and then went on a radio station to bitch about it :down:

I understand she's young though so I don't think she's a total ass... Besides, if she is such a “big fan” as she apparently claims she should know that Radiohead, Thom especially, are pretty eccentric when it comes to the music business…

As for Kanye, he just keeps adding to his douche toll :tsk:

true. she should have just swallowed her pride, i guess.

I doubt Miley even listens to Radiohead. And I heard the statement was made by their publicist, not expressly from any of them.

This story is very last week. But I'm glad that more people are now aware of the Miley/Radiohead connection. You see, I've always thought that their careers were on similar trajectories. Her debut album Meet Miley Cyrus was kind of like her Pablo Honey. A bit shallow, with obvious influences, but showing flashes of brilliant potential. Her follow-up album Breakout was indeed her The Bends, where the songwriting really took flight and delivered on the promise of the earlier work. So now we have only to look forward to Miley's third album, which will inevitably be her magnum opus. Her OK Computer.

I feel bad for Miley, but Kayne needs to sit the (bleep) down. Dude has no talent, and he's whining about a band that actually has talent! Miley has some talent (although not my musical taste), but Kayne, he has none at all.

Thom is known for being a bit of a bastard, though, so I'm not really surprised if he did snub them.

This story is very last week. But I'm glad that more people are now aware of the Miley/Radiohead connection. You see, I've always thought that their careers were on similar trajectories. Her debut album Meet Miley Cyrus was kind of like her Pablo Honey. A bit shallow, with obvious influences, but showing flashes of brilliant potential. Her follow-up album Breakout was indeed her The Bends, where the songwriting really took flight and delivered on the promise of the earlier work. So now we have only to look forward to Miley's third album, which will inevitably be her magnum opus. Her OK Computer.

You've been waiting to use this analogy, haven't you?

I'm befuddled by your saying Kanye has no talent while Miley does. Befuddled. But I guess it's all subjective.

I don't think Thom's a bastard for deciding he didn't want to meet up with other celebrities.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that Miley Cyrus knows who Radiohead is. If she, and the Jonas Brothers and all these other Hot 100 artists keep coming out of the woodwork and talking about what huge fans they are of U2 or Madonna, or Zeppelin, or Prince or Radiohead or whatever, why aren't they making better music? None of those artists started out making shit that's destroying the music industry.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that Miley Cyrus knows who Radiohead is. If she, and the Jonas Brothers and all these other Hot 100 artists keep coming out of the woodwork and talking about what huge fans they are of U2 or Madonna, or Zeppelin, or Prince or Radiohead or whatever, why aren't they making better music? None of those artists started out making shit that's destroying the music industry.

I love Scorsese, but my home videos still suck cause I've got no talent.

I love Scorsese, but my home videos still suck cause I've got no talent.

You're not out there attempting to make multi-million dollar movies, either. I'm a huge fan of all the artists I mentioned in my previous post (well, not Miley or the Jonas Bros, but you know what I mean), and I have no musical talent. I'm not out there putting out terrible music that's eroding the average young music fan's ability to hear music that's actually art as opposed to corporate drivel.

whoa, whoa, whoa!

Let's not go bringing the Jo-Bros into this!

They're HARDCORE!!11 :rockon:

Ah, who can forget what the rock god who is Nick Jonas said during their Grammy duet with Stevie Wonder, "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT, STEVIE!!" Really? Stevie still has something to prove? I'm pretty sure he had done that by the end of the 60s, little buddy.

I love this line: "When Miley grows up, she'll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement," the quintet said in a statement.

And to those who say Kanye has no talent, I say you're silly in the head.

I love this line: "When Miley grows up, she'll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement," the quintet said in a statement.

And to those who say Kanye has no talent, I say you're silly in the head.

QFT. Kanye is quite possibly the biggest douche in the history of the music industry, but he's brilliant as an artist.

You're not out there attempting to make multi-million dollar movies, either. I'm a huge fan of all the artists I mentioned in my previous post (well, not Miley or the Jonas Bros, but you know what I mean), and I have no musical talent. I'm not out there putting out terrible music that's eroding the average young music fan's ability to hear music that's actually art as opposed to corporate drivel.

I'm trying to make a video with your mom.

And they were like, 'We don't really do that.' "

This should be fairly obvious to any Radiohead fan.

Back
Top Bottom