Miley's WAR against Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh man, I just saw another article about this somewhere, and apparently the DJ's who were interviewing her had never heard of Radiohead? What the hell? How does anyone who's been a DJ at some point in the past 15 years not know who Radiohead is?:huh:

I had an opportunity to meet Bob Dylan one time when a friend was touring with his opening band (or so he said - I was never convinced it would have happened). He left me an 'all access' backstage pass at Will Call with my ticket but I refused to go backstage because I figured there was a good chance Dylan might not be so nice to me, and I really didn't have anything to say to him, and I doubted he had anything to say to me. I didn't want to have the music ruined by a bad experience. Sometimes it's better not to meet the celebs you admire.

I had an opportunity to meet Bob Dylan one time when a friend was touring with his opening band (or so he said - I was never convinced it would have happened). He left me an 'all access' backstage pass at Will Call with my ticket but I refused to go backstage because I figured there was a good chance Dylan might not be so nice to me, and I really didn't have anything to say to him, and I doubted he had anything to say to me. I didn't want to have the music ruined by a bad experience. Sometimes it's better not to meet the celebs you admire.

Chickenshit.

:up:

Radiohead Vs. Miley Cyrus

So here is another reason to love radiohead:

Miley Cyrus, who apparently loves Radiohead, was dissed by the band. While backstage at the grammy's, Radiohead refused to meet with Miley. Miley got so upset and left before radiohead's performance. Radiohead shot back by saying that "Miley has a false sense of entitlement"

apparently the same thing happened to Kanye West too.

hear Miley whine on for herself here:

Miley Cyrus Kinda Hates Radiohead (Audio)

I LOVE RADIOHEAD! they put hannah montana in her place!
:lol:

I don't think this thread belongs here, more in the Bang and the Clatter.

Nice action anyway. :up: Shows the kids where their place is. Spoiled little brat.

I don't know...Miley is all of 16...Thom is a grown man. I think this was a jerky thing for Thom to do. Then again, although I like some of Radiohead's music, I've never had the slightest desire to meet the singer...

I had never heard of this person Miley Cyrus before reading this, but basically this is a non-story, of no interest to any sane person whatsoever.

why is this in free your mind of all places?

because it's that big of a war? really?

what an utterly bizarre situation this is.

Miley is a teen pop star catering to kids.

Radiohead are musical rock legends who are taken seriously.

I don't blame Thom for not wanting to meet her. If I was a famous musician, I wouldn't want to meet her. She is annoying, even just in interviews.

Thom's reply to this was just... perfect. Nail on head, hit, yes :up:

Did Thom reply? I thought Radiohead's publicist said something about her sense of entitlement and that was it.

of course she isn't entitled to something
but generally if someone requests to meet me I will unless I have something else I need to do
I don't ask where they come off with feeling entitled to meet me

I don't mind Radiohead's action
they prolly had something better to do
but the publicist's statement would be considered rude anywhere else

:shrug:

but the publicist's statement would be considered rude anywhere else

and a little too-after-the-fact to be bothered in issuing. this is old news, not sure what the point is in prolonging this. it's just an awkward situation... radiohead and miley cyrus... never in a million years would i have guessed this to be headline news.

oh well. it is pretty humorous, i suppose.

Thom's always kinda struck me as a bit of snob, thinks he's top shit, unwilling to associate with people who he deems creatively inferior to himself. I doubt he would've had anything better to do...could've at least made an effort.

Another reason why Bono and C Martin > Thom.

And just cause Miley is the epitome of kinda bubblegummy manufactured pop, doesn't mean she can't be a Radiohead fan....

I think Thom's post on Radiohead's website was a great response to the whole situation.

"wish us all a safe journey if you still like us and you're not one of those people i have managed to offend by doing nothing xx"

Brilliant. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom